Notices

Newbie Weekender Sober Thread June 25 until

Old 06-27-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Bimini...I never know what I want, usually I am happiest with a down to Earth guy. I am quite happy on my own, so it does not bother me when people get called into work. Just a little off putting when it is the first date! My kitchen and dining room floors will be happy, as they are about to be scrubbed!
Old 06-27-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Glad you're turning the spare time into something productive!
  # 303 (permalink)  

Bim, yep I was in some groups there too, and learned lots there on how to start lifting.
  # 304 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
If you have any old injuries, be aware it could aggravate them. I strained my right groin (old injury from high school cross country running) when I was first learning. But it did heal up fairly quickly. Get one of those foam rollers to stretch out your muscles ... and there are varying opinion on when to stretch. For that matter, there are so many opinions out there on lifting it's ridiculous And lots of know it all meatheads to go with them, lmao.

That said, you will feel great ... strong, fit, flexible. I have never felt better.

Many people claim it can cure back problems. I don't know about that cause I've never had any. But I can see how it could help.

Yeah any exercise I do I'm very careful. I think investing in a personal trainer for at least a few weeks would be a good idea for me because of my knees. It would suck the big one to make them worse lol. Learn the right form and what to do or avoid.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

I've dated both the law enforcement guys and at the big bosses in their suits..... Now I'm with just a regular guy without any of the pretentious ego crap.
  # 306 (permalink)  

Yes, I agree, Zen. A trainer is good especially if you are already dealing with knee issues. And to let you know how your form looks.
  # 307 (permalink)  

I really need to work out my tummy and butt!

Last year my mom told me "hey you should be grateful to Kim Kardashian, she made big butts popular!". No matter how I work out my butt is one size bigger than the rest of me. Right now I am a size 8 with a size 10 butt, at my fittest I was a size 4 with a size 8 butt - it is so annoying! No clothes ever fit!
Old 06-27-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

My husband was slightly po'ed that I ate the last three bites of the carrot cake, lol.

Now I'm having birthday cake flavored ice-cream. These are all leftovers from the birthday party a few days ago.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Site....I think trach is saying he has a shower and he takes one (nearly) every day.

Good job, brynn

And yes, that is a good daily sharpener. When the edges need to be redone, Smith's has a precision sharpening kit that is a bit tedious but will put a perfect edge on a knife.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

I've always dated artists, musicians, writers... you know the type. Dreamers and guys who just suffered through day jobs. And none of them had much money. I didn't care...
Old 06-27-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Hi all

Great weekend in NZ. Sunday morning here..

Lots of chat this weekend but no mention of.... Bacon!

I saw a recipe for bacon pancakes gonna give them a whirl before going to the movies.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by learningagain View Post
I really need to work out my tummy and butt!
One thing about my little foray into fitness ... I learned you can't "spot reduce" so I feel it is my duty to inform anyone here that it is a myth. You can lose in general ... and that means you lose water, muscle, as well as fat. Or, you gain ... again, water, muscle, and fat.

Diet is very important. And it about simple math when you are trying to lose. You simply consume a LITTLE less than you burn. You need to learn about TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), and use a calculator to begin to figure yours out.

Now, when you start to lift weights you will see a small gain initially after your lifting, and that is water gain. It is how your muscles protect themselves, because essentially you are injuring them. Tearing them down, for them to rebuild. Please don't be alarmed, and learn to get past this

Only if you stick with a routine will you see consistent loss. And that loss will be over TIME Sometimes you will see the "swoosh" losses, and sometimes you will plateau. Stick with it, keep going.

I used a weigh scale once per MONTH And I used a mirror (naked) to assess the real results ... cause that's the best way to gauge them.

Ok, off the soapbox now
Old 06-27-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Who leaves three bites of carrot cake?? Who are these people? A carrot cake is one serving, no matter the size.

And now it is clear why I needed MyFitnessPal in the first place.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

LOL Soberpotamus, yeah, I know, I used to help my mom teach aerobics. I had to come with the terms I just have a big butt - if my butt was a normal size the rest of me would be too skinny!

It just makes anything other than stretchy pants annoying as either they fit my butt but are too loose at the waist, or they would fit my waist if only I could get them past my butt!
Old 06-27-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

My crazy a** husband, Bim He leaves little bits of everything lying around. He won't throw anything away. Kills me, slays me. Ugh.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Site....I think trach is saying he has a shower and he takes one (nearly) every day. You're welcome Olive. I do what I can
See?! Brain melt. Didn't even get Trach's joke, I thought he had a cool rain forest in his home...being a turtle and all. :|
Old 06-27-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

I have a "big" butt too, Learning Just gotta live with it. Hey, the guys seem to be ok with it in my experience, lol. It's my butt that keeps me from probably being a size 2, no kidding.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Oh, that's right. Mr. Hippo is the on-the-edge-of-hoarder guy. I bet he leaves one sip in the bottom of the milk or OJ carton too.

I knew his brother.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Oh and my favorite is I was getting in the shower a few months ago, my son walked in and said "mom, your butt could block out the sun! And it is all jiggly". Thanks son, I love you too!
Old 06-27-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by learningagain View Post
It just makes anything other than stretchy pants annoying as either they fit my butt but are too loose at the waist, or they would fit my waist if only I could get them past my butt!
Loft brand "Julie" fit curvy pants! Trust me The best.