Notices

Newbie Weekender Sober Thread June 25 until

Old 06-28-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

You absolutely should share your 18 months, LBrain Thanks for sharing your story.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
My dog has been walked and my plan for the remainder of the day is lots of puttering around the house and yard.
Sounds nice and relaxing, Olive.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
We have Beagles, Mcfearless They're hyper. They need lots of exercise. Guess Boxers do too?
Beagles are clowns too. Lovely breed.

Boxers though are probably the only living sentient beings in the universe who would go extinct from literally playing and loving themselves to death if you didn't occasionally distract them with food.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks for the weekender thread Ken
Old 06-28-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Well, the Beagles hierarchy of needs has food at the #1, #2, and #3 slots ... and then play/exercise. Lol!!

I believe Katie would eat herself to death if I'd allow it.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Well, the Beagles hierarchy of needs has food at the #1, #2, and #3 slots ... and then play/exercise. Lol!!

I believe Katie would eat herself to death if I'd allow it.
Lol. Thanks you just sparked me with a great idea for a humor piece.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

MesaMan your dog is soooooo cute!! I have a dog who looks a lot like a golden.....I was told she was a golden retriever by the girl I bought in from in the park. Yes you read that right I bought her in the park from some girl. I answered a kijiji ad for a puppy and I thought I would get to pick one from a litter, instead I met an Asian girl in the park and did a puppy deal

So yeah I'm pretty sure my golden retriever is counterfeit. Looks like the real deal but underneath she's pure mutt lol
Old 06-28-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Art, it helps if you're multi-capable.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
MesaMan your dog is soooooo cute!! I have a dog who looks a lot like a golden.....I was told she was a golden retriever by the girl I bought in from in the park. Yes you read that right I bought her in the park from some girl. I answered a kijiji ad for a puppy and I thought I would get to pick one from a litter, instead I met an Asian girl in the park and did a puppy deal

So yeah I'm pretty sure my golden retriever is counterfeit. Looks like the real deal but underneath she's pure mutt lol
Are you saying Asians can be associated with counterfeit goods ? That's racial profiling !

Anyway I'll forgive you for your slip. Good things you adopted it pure bred or not. The restaurant patrons would never have known the difference anyway.

(I kid ! I kid !)
Old 06-28-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Site, I must say, that looks like the home of Mother Nature herself. What a gorgeous place!
Old 06-28-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Hi gang,

Well done on 18 months LBrain. Amazing achievement. Thanks for sharing your story.

Nice day out driving in the country. Visited a 10th century monastic site. Chilling now with some Glasto on the iplayer. Gonna make a Sunday roast soon.

Keep well all.

B
Old 06-28-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mcfearless View Post
Are you saying Asians can be associated with counterfeit goods ? That's racial profiling !

Anyway I'll forgive you for your slip. Good things you adopted it pure bred or not. The restaurant patrons would never have known the difference anyway.

(I kid ! I kid !)
LMFAO!!!

I was shopping once in Chinatown and there were two bins of meat..... one labeled arms the other labeled legs? I thought what the heck are people buying? What kind of an animal has arms? Is it monkey?
Old 06-28-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Congrats LBrain! I'm glad you decided to bring it up. I saw you mention it on another thread and was wondering why you hadn't said anything in here

MM - Those kong dog toys are incredible. Hours of entertainment! For the dogs, of course Sounds like a great way to spend your Saturday night! Cute dog, by the way.

saoutchik- no trolls so far. Haven't been across any bridges either, though, so... I'm wondering if they come out at night? Good thing it doesn't stay dark here for very long!

zen I hope you tried the arms! sounds like a once in a lifetime chance haha
Old 06-28-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

My beagles wouldn't have a thing to do with the Kong toys. Not sure why. They got the peanut butter and treats out and abandoned them.

Lucy likes soft squishy toys. She likes to "eat" them. We have a soft alligator she loves. We say "Where's Gator?" and she cocks her head,ears raised, and then takes off to find it.

She used to have a squishy pig. We played "Piggers Toss" by tying Piggers to a long string. She chased Piggers until she couldn't move anymore. Great for when she was a puppy.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
LMFAO!!!

I was shopping once in Chinatown and there were two bins of meat..... one labeled arms the other labeled legs? I thought what the heck are people buying? What kind of an animal has arms? Is it monkey?

Sorry. I've been in Africa too long.

(sigh, no we don't eat monkeys in South Africa.....well not that I know of. )
Old 06-28-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

My beagles wouldn't have a thing to do with the Kong toys. Not sure why. They got the peanut butter and treats out and abandoned them.

Lucy likes soft squishy toys. She likes to "eat" them. We have a soft alligator she loves. We say "Where's Gator?" and she cocks her head,ears raised, and then takes off to find it.

She used to have a squishy pig. We played "Piggers Toss" by tying Piggers to a long string. She chased Piggers until she couldn't move anymore. Great for when she was a puppy.
Never heard of these kong toys. Maybe I should get on that and start importing them ?
Old 06-28-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

thanks all,

yes, I used to put a biscuit inside the kong and he would work on it for hours...

it seems women in Russia, Ukraine and parts have been peeing standing up since forever. I came across this public restroom. One of the newest and cleanest I've ever seen over there. There were some I'd rather go in my pants than use. And it costs 10 barnies sometimes more to use it. And the lady attendant hands you a section of paper - efficiency my friends! Anyone who has been to russia and traveled, they'll know what I'm talking about. Perhaps all of eastern Europe has these? I mean, most are naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasTEE.
The one in this photo is the cadilac of public restrooms. I **** you not. Oh, and most if not all don't have a tank. It's just a hole with the rumbles strips aside it. The wife calls it doing the "flying eagle".
Picture the flying eagle for a minute.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
public toilet.JPG (35.4 KB, 33 views)
Old 06-28-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I like your way of thinking ArtFriend

10th century monastic site sounds interesting Behan. Get yourself a metal detector B, maybe find some relics

There is an underground river here called the Walbrook - they found some old roman stuff there once
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150628_171108.jpg (23.3 KB, 31 views)
Old 06-28-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
thanks all,

yes, I used to put a biscuit inside the kong and he would work on it for hours...

it seems women in Russia, Ukraine and parts have been peeing standing up since forever. I came across this public restroom. One of the newest and cleanest I've ever seen over there. There were some I'd rather go in my pants than use. And it costs 10 barnies sometimes more to use it. And the lady attendant hands you a section of paper - efficiency my friends! Anyone who has been to russia and traveled, they'll know what I'm talking about. Perhaps all of eastern Europe has these? I mean, most are naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasTEE.
The one in this photo is the cadilac of public restrooms. I **** you not. Oh, and most if not all don't have a tank. It's just a hole with the rumbles strips aside it. The wife calls it doing the "flying eagle".
Live in South East Asia for a few years. You'll have nostalgic flightful fantasies of those Russian toilets.

Toilet paper ? Try a square basin full of water and a ...plastic....pot....for after business sanitation purposes. Then apply imagination (and hands).

Luxury !
Old 06-28-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
thanks all,

I've peed in similar ?accommodations? in Paris..... There was this huge fear that I was not going to do it right! The one I used was more of a big hole in the floor.