Notices

Weekender , 10th of april 2015 , lets get through together

Old 04-10-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bmac View Post
Took the day off today and slept in. While watching TV last night, laying on my side, I sneezed and apparently tore a muscle on my right side. Good Gawd almighty did it hurt. Now coughing and/or sneezing give me a deeper appreciation for the pain a woman must go through during child birth.

I am fully aware that ALL things happen for a reason. Nonetheless, the Universe and I are arguing over this one.

Oh you still have no idea trust me. Hope you feel better.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Ditto on what Della said. Men have no idea. However, I hope your side feels better. That sounds like a nasty sneeze.

Miscostalot, just keep posting. You can do it. If you have the thoughts, get them out in the open.

I'm waiting for lunch.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Court jester

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Oh you still have no idea trust me. Hope you feel better.
I admit, and I do not speak for all men, but I tend to overreact to discomfort. King baby and all....
Old 04-10-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

I have several spearheads and arrow heads that I have found on local beaches or stream beds. They are some of my most treasured possessions. Mesa, could you come take pictures of them and post them? I can't be bothered. It's pretty cool to find something like that, though. Spiritual.

Today I'll try to get through my taxes. It's on the to-do list at least. I had no income, kinda wondering if I even have to file. Thoughts? I guess I can research that.

Just a coolish gray day here. I think I'm in for the day - I wore myself out yesterday on the bluffs. (not my picture) Deception Pass, viewing San Juan Islands, at Rosario Beach. Those "islands" close to shore are deposits of lava from long ago, the whole area is scoured by glaciers and shows past up-thrusts from earthquake activity. Really interesting geological area. The further away ones are actual islands. It's a very low tide cycle right now so there were lots of tidal pools...more rock was showing than in this photo. This is my favorite rock beach, also a great scuba site.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Checking in this afternoon inbetween classes. Still need to grab lunch, so I need to head off. I hope everyone is having a great Friday.

Della-I'll trade you. We went from cold to hot and humid.

Weasel-got the biggest laugh out of the bush whisperer. Speaking of people able to work magic with bushes, I saw this and wanted to share.

Tang-like Canguy mentioned, make the sober weekend happen. You can do it. You have all of us here and the SR board to distract you if you're having cravings.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I have a day off today (maybe)! Only one day off this week, and I am stuck by the telephone for the next hour waiting to see if I need to go in and help out. One of my co-workers was (is) sick...

RPUer? I am ashamed to admit that I don't know schist from chert. I grew up in Hawaii, where the geology not only is fairly simple and obvious but also I took a local geology course at the University of Hawaii. Hawaiian volcanoes and lava flows are easy to understand because you can walk right up to them and see them happening. Here in the San Juan Islands, the geology is extremely complex both in appearance and history. Subduction zones and ice ages are somewhat mysterious, and there are no obvious strata or fossils.

They just called from work! I think they might survive...

I'm going to light a fire in the woodstove. It's not really that cold, but it's supposed to get cooler tonight and the fire is always motivating.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Court jester

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post

This is near my house out on Cape Elizabeth...The one below is Down East Maine...

Wouldn't mind taking in the view from the Portland lighthouse while chowing on a lobster roll, or two, from the Lobster Shack!
Old 04-10-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

friday 1800 hrs in the uk ..

Getting on getting on … hmm think i might get out the takeaway menus and peruse them when mex-m8 comes over , when i move the diet and exercise will be changed ..

have left my Civ3 game on the windows laptop running i can go back it up later .. not bad for a £30 second hand machine .. was remarkably clean and had no wear on the touchpad ..
I have all kinds of old share ware and software on it .. i might copy the hard disk as after setting it up it seems a shame not to have it backed up , might never see some of the software programs again and with some of the old kit i deal with it's useful to have the software and a machine of the same era to work from .

keep on , m
Old 04-10-2015, 10:28 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
baconveg.jpg (44.4 KB, 50 views)
Old 04-10-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Yo Biminiblue ~

Hey, I always got time for photographing old Artifacts. There's a Punchline in there somewhere!-)

I call the Pic below 'It Takes One To Know One'. Around my fav Colorado Reservoir. ~20 miles long. I plan to Fish and Hike it this Summer when Da Wife has her DrunkAzz Gal Pals take over the Ranchette, here, this Summer during long Weekends. Whatever... I got some Sober 'Catch Up Living' to do with a vengeance.

OK, away to clean and commission my lil Camping Trailer, and ensure All Systems Are Go. It's my 'Escape Route' equivalent to driving a 2nd Car to a sotted Wedding Reception. When the Drunks head in, I head out! As my High Tech Sales Palz used to say: 'Plan Your Work -> Work Your Plan'.
-

-
Old 04-10-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

@Ruby2 Thanks!
So far , so good! ��
Old 04-10-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Mesa, are those wild horses, or are you on someone's ranch? You all have some interesting sights, there
Old 04-10-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Sitting and waiting to leave work. Great pics, everyone. I haven't posted any lately.

Son seems to be improving. My mom says he's jumping around, playing a game on his Xbox. Hopefully that continues. I'll still be leaving work early.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders)

I did some cleaning today, sorted out some of issues I've been procrastinating about.

Ken, Bimini, MesaMan - Thanks for great pics! Such a treat to look at.

Have a great weekend all)
Old 04-10-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Bim...

3 miles of Private Ranch on an otherwise-County Road going North to Helen Gone.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Those are some lucky horses. That makes me happy.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Beautiful pictures abound! Thanks folks, very inspiring!

Have to work late today, meaning I'm going to wait to hit the road until tomorrow morning at 6am-ish. In the meantime, I'll have to make do with coffee on my patio this afternoon. I call my rooftop the "Volcano View Lounge":

Old 04-10-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Court jester

My local Wal-Mart super center sells Italian pot pies. Mozzarella, ricotta, sausage and marinara all stuffed in a pot pie shell. I am going to beat the rush and begin advertising for a self help group to overcome this soon to be addiction.

I have nothing else important to share.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Bmac View Post
Wouldn't mind taking in the view from the Portland lighthouse while chowing on a lobster roll, or two, from the Lobster Shack!
You have been I take it! My favorite spot! I go all through there all summer long. The top pic was from Two Lights!

I love everything about Maine!
Old 04-10-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by misscostalot View Post
@Ruby2 Thanks!
So far , so good! ��
Good to hear!! Keep checking in and letting us all know how you are doing!