SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender , 10th of april 2015 , lets get through together (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/364305-weekender-10th-april-2015-lets-get-through-together.html)

mecanix 04-09-2015 04:36 AM

Weekender , 10th of april 2015 , lets get through together

Hey y'all ,

Surprise it's me kicking this thing off :dee

We start it early so our Australian, NZ and friends in that part of the world are included in the run up to the weekend , help people around the world develop plans and think the weekend through :)

Everyone is welcome , old timers share what it's like to be sober . Show that there is life after stopping drinking and that a sober life can be a fun and worthwhile experience .

New timers are welcome to come along hopefully we can supply some chitter chatter to help jolly you through , give you an idea that sobriety is positive and life affirming, life enhancing .

If you have a specific problem or are really struggling it's worth posting on the man forum as not everyone wants to read our chit chat so you might miss out on some worthwhile support by posting in this rather than a thread of your own , but wherever is fine :) the newcomers is a safe place where everyone , giver uppers, repeat relapsers, soberists are all welcome to come join in and work on attaining a great and sober life ..

Whatever helps get you through is cool by me and enough people have said that this thread has helped them , so that is more than Weasel and i ever thought or hoped for when it started a couple of years ago .

Let's get on our sober bikes and cycle along the sober highway , it isn't a race , you might tumble down a pothole or fall off , like cycling though the idea with sobriety is not to fall off but to become skilful and avoid those traps and pitfalls .

Don't stay flat on your back laying in the road if you do fall off , get up and get back in the saddle and come join us .

Check in if you like , say hello and good luck , support can be tangental and we need not talk about "the elephant in the room" …

Let's just get through , together :)

The thread is ours , what shall we make of it this week ?

Good luck & bestwishes,

m

canguy 04-09-2015 04:42 AM

.....shotgun?

Bmac 04-09-2015 04:45 AM

I call control of the radio.

Ruby2 04-09-2015 05:03 AM

Good morning! Extra early, thanks Mec!

All the prior chit chat about running off to the gym, getting in shape, got to me. I reupped my gym membership yesterday after letting it lapse. And worked out. Now I have to keep it going.

No weekend plans yet. I'll keep things fluid.

Marcher13 04-09-2015 05:05 AM

I never ever ever ever ever ever ever get shotgun!

CristinaN 04-09-2015 05:06 AM

Good morning. I'd like to join this weekend. :)

Marcher13 04-09-2015 05:06 AM

Thanks M! Where's our weeeeeken?

Weasel1966 04-09-2015 05:08 AM

Almost shotgun!!!! Congrats canguy!

Busy work day... Will be checking in officially later. Glad to be here!

Thanks M!!!!!

Gilmer 04-09-2015 05:10 AM

I'm in.

newpage119 04-09-2015 05:17 AM

Weekend already? I love these weeks with Monday off and weekend starts on Thursday! How very civilized................:nana:

Olive1 04-09-2015 05:19 AM

Happy almost weekend Sober Enders!!!
Thank Mecanix, for holding court this weekend.

Canguy, say it loud and proud! Shotgun!!!!!!!!

No plans for the weekend as yet. They are saying rain, so that would mean a wonderful weekend of painting.

Oh! And I do believe I discovered (my sober tree) Henry's genus, so pictures and a description later.

Ok, must get ready for work.

Be well Sober People!!!
:)

Nonsensical 04-09-2015 05:28 AM

I am IN! :ring

MidnightBlue 04-09-2015 05:31 AM

I am iiiinnnnnn!

Weasel1966 04-09-2015 05:43 AM

Hey ho!

Doing a volunteer day tomorrow. We are packing thousands of meal packs for needy families and individuals. Should be fun and I can meet new people. So work a few hours in the early morning... Volunteer... Then take time for me!

Lots of little things on the sober list... Funny... Nothing is on the drunk list... Cuz when I drink I do nothing! Not drinking is way more fun!

BTW... It snowed this morning... Two inchs or so on the cars... I refused to clean the car off. Swooshed the windshield wipers... Hit the heat and drove. Peaked out the side windows. Absolut refusal ... Or denial it actually existed!

Bmac.... No head banger crap please!

twal 04-09-2015 05:46 AM

I'm in for a sober weekend my friends!!!

MidnightBlue 04-09-2015 05:54 AM

So, I am finally out of my "chicken pox isolation", gradually coming back to normal functioning.

On Saturday we have boxing competition in our gym, so I will be there. But only as spectator, regretfully. All this being sick for a long time left me no chance to prepare for competition. But it will be fun anyway.

I also hope to clean up my place. And, hopefully, will work out how to do something nice for myself. Don't know how yet considering my financial struggles)

See you all later.

Verte 04-09-2015 06:13 AM

Nice, Canguy! Way to go shotgun.

Let's have a super-sober weekend, guys and gals.

:grouphug:

Mark1014 04-09-2015 06:24 AM

I'm running to catch the bus.

Speaking of running....that's part of my weekend plan. Time to shake up the workout routine a bit and a little more running seems right. Now if I can only convince my knees....

Have a great day gang.

Della1968 04-09-2015 06:36 AM

Freaking work I so thought I was going to get shotgun today!!:wild

Solarion 04-09-2015 06:57 AM

Also at work so a brief: IN!

OK, back to work.