Notices

Weekender , 10th of april 2015 , lets get through together

Old 04-09-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi all, I'm new to this site, but this weekend (starting Friday afternoon) is going to be my first hurdle and I'm so nervous that I'll mess it up straight away. So seeing this thread was very exciting!

I'm currently living in a ten bed houseshare (must be mad) with 9 other young professionals. We're having a bbq tomorrow and I'm the one shopping for food and drink. They are all so excited to get wasted and have fun. I have some alcohol free lager to drink with the intention it will make me feel like I'm joining in the drinking fun, but it's going to be really hard not to drink.

X
Old 04-09-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Weeeeeekenderrrrrrrrsssss!!! The thread title made me think of Let's Get Together. I can't wait to see where the bus takes us this time!

Hi Rose, Glad you're here! Stay close this weekend. I've found quality refuge here in the hardest moments. Enjoy your party

Now to scroll back and catch up...
Old 04-09-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

OKAY! ROSE! Sober since April 8, 2015 - yesterday. Shopping for a drinking party this weekend but you will get some alcohol free beer for yourself.
Everyone else plans on getting drunk. This will be your first weekend trying to stay sober. Something does not compute. I hope you can pull it off. Sounds too tempting to me.
Stay close by.

BigS - Don't want to see you on Maury waiting for them to open the envelope after these messages. Or the backstage hair pulling contest between two Guatemalan babes - oh that's Jerry. Baby Daddy! NO. Enjoy the seaside.

I caught my limit of trout today. Lost several and kept putting the 'last one' back until I realized my luck might run out. Once your catch you five you are done fishing for the day. So I decided to keep the next one and call it a day.
Turned out to be a decent fish. Caught a nice brook trout that was released. They are native fish. Kept the stockers only.

Time to catch up.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

mmmmm, trout.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Good to see you GS! How have you been doing? Any challenges?

Ken
Thanks Weasel. Going to Florida this weekend. Luckily half of the family we are going to see doesn't drink. I'll stick close to the sober one's. I have a good Arthur C. Clarke book to read at night and the SR bus to hang out with.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

how you been trach? been scarce on the weekender lately...
Old 04-09-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Big weekend of sport this week Weekenders, I think I'm going to explode!!

Masters Golf, the Horse Racing Grand National in the UK, English Premiership Soccer, and for all those into something a bit left field, The Boat Race, a rowing competition between Cambridge and Oxford Universities in the UK.

On top of that the NHL Regular Season ends!! . . . The Stanley Cup is only around the corner!!

It's going to be a busy one!!
Old 04-09-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I'm good, brain. Been working non stop but just got reprieve for this weekend. My tournament was so poorly attended that I could cancel. I'll go work my normal job and make more money. And get a day off this weekend.

Luckily, that's how the weekends are shaping up. Which means I can go fishing and camping.

I had a really interesting moment this past weekend. My sister said to me, "You are supposed to take me camping, remember?" I remembered that was about 5 years ago we talked about that. And she's been hating on me for my drunken ways for a while. Now, she's forgiven me. She's forgiven me. Wow. I must be doing something right.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Onboard
Old 04-09-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Count me in this weekend. I'm just over 1 week sober!
Old 04-09-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
BigS, I understand the cancelling. Good move. The over thinking everything always got me into trouble with the drinking. Now the over thinking is impacting my sleep. Maybe there is a step group for OT, over thinkers anonymous.
Okay. This is why I drank in a nutshell. Over. Thinking.

Is it just me, or do you all have super speedy brains and just want them to shuddup already?

Sometimes I swear I can be thinking of four or five things at the same time. I hate it. Slowing down my thoughts is my biggest goal in sobriety. It has gotten better, through mindfulness and regulated breathing.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

...and home from a great day of hiking in the State Park.

Four Harbour Seals, a bald eagle, a bunch of sea birds I didn't recognize, some I did. A lot of songbirds. Lots of people, surprisingly. It was nice. I only picked up two rocks - because last time I picked up twenty.

Ruby, Olive and I live close together - probably why we both have rock collections. There are lots of cool rocks on beaches here.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday Sober Enders!

Glad to be home from work and also glad there is only one more day.
I snapped a picture of Henry, he is getting greener by the day. I also took a photo of the name tag for the kind of plant he is, when I saw something similar at the nursery last weekend. Unfortunately, I am not so good a photographer and the name came out blurry.
See next post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1534 (188x250).jpg (68.9 KB, 42 views)
Old 04-09-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Can anyone figure out what this says?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1518 (188x250).jpg (58.7 KB, 40 views)
Old 04-09-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
...and home from a great day of hiking in the State Park.

Four Harbour Seals, a bald eagle, a bunch of sea birds I didn't recognize, some I did. A lot of songbirds. Lots of people, surprisingly. It was nice. I only picked up two rocks.

Ruby, Olive and I live close together - probably why we both have rock collections. There are lots of cool rocks on beaches here.
I often wonder what they will think of me when I am gone and they have to clean out my house and find all the rocks everywhere.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
I often wonder what they will think of me when I am gone and they have to clean out my house and find all the rocks everywhere.
OhEmmGee. I know. That and beach glass. I keep thinking I need to start taking some of them back.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
OhEmmGee. I know. That and beach glass. I keep thinking I need to start taking some of them back.
I know!
But since everything is hand selected, I couldn't possibly decide what to take back!
Old 04-09-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
Can anyone figure out what this says?
Randomous plantus

Rather stunned weekenders started and there are already 75 posts. Trying to catch up. Just had a front move through. Thought we were going to get severe weather, but it didn't happen.

Ruby and Bim-I am also an overthinker, but don't allow myself to do it anymore since it tends to go negative almost instantaneously. I have to interrupt the thought patterns.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Over thinker here too...at least I am in good company.

Olive is Henry maybe a mock orange? I have one that looks similar. It gets little white flowers that smell wonderful.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Over thinker here too...at least I am in good company.

Olive is Henry maybe a mock orange? I have one that looks similar. It gets little white flowers that smell wonderful.
No, he's not. I have a mock orange at the other side of the yard. Smells amazing, you are right!