Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 14

Old 04-27-2020, 11:53 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Re: Class of April 2018 Part 14

Good morning Aprils and its very dull out there, it looks like it's about to throw it down but it is forecast to. I hope you are all well, happy and sober. I didn't sleep well last night so I'm running on about 2 hours sleep, I'll be a right cranky pants later.

Morning Erratic, I'm not sure if you're in work or not today but have a good day whatever you're doing

HI Dee, Suze and Viper, I hope to see more of you later.
Lots of love. Keep safe. xx
Old 04-28-2020, 10:31 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
its blue skies here this morn, but little chilly though. hope u had nice day daisy x i wasnt working yesterday, i am back tomo morn x how did u sleep last night? not good that ur not getting proper sleep hun xx

oh just saw weather forcast guess going to get rain later tonight or evening, och well guess the garden needs it lol so here is my pledge not to pick up today, day 3 x

hope u all have a ok day xx
Old 04-29-2020, 12:18 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

i posted this in the new april group, wanted to share this with u all as u are my friends and support class for past 2 years and u mean alot to me as u except me the way i am and that makes me feel comfortable in sharing with u which i find hard to do sometimes, mostly actually with other people, hence why i stick with u guys xx u daisy, snitch, viper, and the old crowd x and u also dee, you all are an insperation to me xxxxx

Just had a chat with hub, he has given me an idea how i can achieve in keeping more alcohol days to nil. he started first to say, from 1st of may he is going to keep all my alcohol bottles and put money under each one to show me how much i am spending so i can see for myself what i am spending. I suggested that i make a plan which i put up on door like a calendar and pin the money i havent spent on the days i didnt pick up, i think that will be more productive and spur me on more as i saved money when i gave up alcohol and cigs for a year in 2008. Also if i do and i hope not is that yes is to keep the alcohol bottle so it reminds me of what money i lost and also hold me accountable on picking up and it shows me a negative than not caring, thats if u understand what i mean? so i think i am defo up for this challenge, as he himself has been taking himself out for a long walk in the early evening so he doesnt pick up, so if he can do it, so can i.
so there it is, just wanted to voice my thoughts on this x
Old 04-29-2020, 01:48 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm in favour of you trying it Erratic
D
Old 04-29-2020, 04:45 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

New to Forum

Hello there,
I am new to the forum and would like to join this month, if possible. My last drink was April 24, so I am on day 5.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:00 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

hey oglsby, well done on being day 5 x have u joined the 2020 group? if u have hey we have in this group members who is 2 yrs now and have all sorts of help to us and many. so welcome and good to see someone who wants to be here xx
Old 04-29-2020, 02:48 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Oglsby
If you're looking for the Class of April 2020 support thread it's here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-3-a-2.html
D
Old 04-29-2020, 04:09 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hi all, I hope you're all okay, it's very quiet again here at the moment, it's either all or nothing.
Erratic, I think that's a really good idea and also maybe plan with your husband to have a holiday or something else you really want, with the money you save,to give you an incentive. Is he going to do the same with the money he saves by not picking up? You'll save a fortune. Ask him also to make a pledge not to buy you alcohol for your birthday, anniversaries, or anything else you celebrate. It will be so, so much easier if the two of you can do it together. Good luck, it's definitely worth a try.
Hi Oglsby and welcome to S.R, well done on day 5, that's a good start. I hope you join the class of April 2020, but feel free to pop in here anytime, you're always welcome. xx
I'm off to bed now, so goodnight my lovely friends, sleep well.
Keep safe.
Love to all of you. xxx
Old 04-29-2020, 09:25 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
lol yeah i will remind him not to buy me any booze for my bday x last time i gave up i payed for 3 of us to go to florida for a week x not sure if we will get a holiday this time well not this year lol due to who knows whats happening, but i do have a long list of things i want to buy for the house x he hasnt mentioned what he is doing with his saving, as he thinks and works diffrent from me, and like to keep it low key on what he is doing, so its best not to make a fuss type of thing x usual man x sry dee and viper lol so hub does it through helping me think of what i can do if u understand x
well as usual its early and got work this morn, so off to get another cup of tea x
hope to hear from the others soon xx hope u are all ok
have good day and i will be back later after my work xx
Old 04-29-2020, 11:37 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Good morning all,
Wow Erratic, you must have done some saving for a trip to Florida, I really wish I'd have thought of doing something like that because I must have saved a fortune too over the last couple of years. It's great that your husband is trying to help you, however he does it, it'll be so much easier if you're in it together.I hope work passes quickly for you, I'm just having an early morning cup of tea myself. Take care.

Back later. Love always and keep safe xxxx
Old 04-30-2020, 07:03 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon x
hope u enjoyed ur tea daisy x on the saving yeah u was talking about me smoking 20 a day which say i halved would of been 5 pounds i think, and then drink, would of been say 10 pounds or more, so i was looking at thousands i actually saved by doing both, on the drink alone this time it would of been 70 pounds a week, so 4 weeks of that and times that by 12 its 3 thousand odd. so even if i half it to which i am going to save 7 pounds per day which is half the amount i normaly drink is still then near 1 and half thousand lol i know its crazy amount!! and it just shows u how addiction works and also mental illness which blinds me to the whole fact on what i am wasting and also killing myself for that amount. xx so that counting is the most i drink, not inluding days i may not drink, which is far between x

work was slow x got home took dog out and then had a bath and washed my hair. its my gson 2nd bday tomo which going to miss, but i am sure he will be spoilt as he normaly is x
anyway will leave it there for now, catch u all later xxx have good evening x
Old 04-30-2020, 07:23 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hi all,
To Erratic and Daisybelle. It is CRAZY how much we spend on things so bad for us. I have a friend who quit smoking in 2002 and he STILL saves that money. It is MANY thousands of dollars.

I am doing well on day 6. Hello to everyone out there.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:23 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, I hope you're all well, happy & sober. All okay here apart from the weather, I think we've reverted back to winter, it's been so cold and it has poured down for most of the day. My garden will be happy at least. Do you remember me telling you about Mr D,B's cousin dying 3 weeks ago from the virus? Well, it was her funeral yesterday. Her local crematorium opened for the service and because barely anyone could attend the service was live streamed online ( I think that's what you call it!)so family could watch. It was so sad, only her husband, brother and a cousin attended and they had to stand 6ft away from each other, there was no hugging or even a comforting hand on the shoulder for her husband, it was so impersonal. Then as soon as the curtains closed round the coffin, cleaners in full P.P.I were spraying the chairs etc with disinfectant. What a sad way to send a loved one on their final journey.Anyway, that's enough of the doom and gloom.

I love my cups of tea Erratic, nice and strong, no sugar and just a drop of milk does it for me, I'm a right tea belly. My God, we spend a fortune on poisoning ourselves when you think about it. I probably could have bought myself a big house with all the money I've drank over the years. Happy birthday to Willem, those 2 years have flown by, at least he's too young to realise what's going on, he's blissfully unaware.

Hi again Oglsby, it really is crazy how much we spend on booze, looking back now I don't know how I did it, all that money gone.Well done on day 6, that's awesome, how are you feeling? Have you any plans in place for over the weekend? Might be an idea and an incentive if you plan to treat yourself each time you hit a milestone, just something small even would be nice. Worth thinking about anyway.

I'm off to peruse, keep safe. xxxx
Old 04-30-2020, 05:01 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hello my lovelies,

Welcome Oglsby. You are in the right month, wrong year class lol. This is class of April 2018. The newest class is class of April 2020 which is on the newcomers forum however only until tomorrow where it will move to the daily support thread forum as there will be a new class starting.. class of May 2020. However, as the others pointed out you are more than welcome here. We started as quite a big group and now we have only a handful of us still posting. I took my last drink in April 2018 so 2 years sober now. If I can do this, you can too. Stay close to SR, keep posting, make staying sober your number 1 priority, I am an AA person also but the only one who is on this thread. Any questions you have fire away. We are all here to support each other!!! Glad you are here.

Hey Daisy and Erratic. Happy birthday to Willem!! Its a shame you cannot be with him but you'll soon have him in your arms again!! I am keeping your daughter in my prayers Erratic.

So, a few things going on for me. BA have said that there are to be approx 12,000 employees to be made redundant. Not just cabin crew, this is across BA as a whole. They have also announced plans to scrap all our fcabin crew fleets merge us into one and we will be on new contracts with new terms and conditions. It is what they have wanted to do for a long time and this situation is giving them the perfect excuse. Our union is on the case but the outlook is fairly bleak. HOWEVER, I came to my own decision yesterday and I realised how much I want to leave flying. I have had enough of it now. Being home has made me realise how much I want to be home. So, of redundancy is being offered I would definitely take it. There is still nothing concrete yet. These are just proposals at the moment. So I will just do what I always do, take things one day at a time and wait to see what negotiations amount to but honestly, I never ever want to put that uniform on again. I'll keep you posted.

My mum Has been contacted by the hospital and has a scan booked for this Saturday!! . I am anxious and nervous but at least we will know what we are dealing with. Thank God I am sober today and can be a support to her ðŸ™

it's funny, when I did my fear inventory these were 2 of my biggest fears on my list. Losing my job and something happening to my mum. One day at a time and as long as I dont pick up a drink I have a chance to be able to deal with both situations with dignity and grace.

On a brighter note we have adopted a guinea pig. She was my friends and is about the same age as my 2 babies so about 4/5 months. I fell in love with her the moment I met her she is adorable and my friend is struggling with her 6 piggies.Their cage is quite messy and dirty and I have noticed that they dont often get veggies and even sometimes their hay has not been replenished. I do bring it up with her but it's difficult as i dont want to sound like I am telling her what to do. But I am glad I have rescued one! I have her in a separate cage at the moment. My 2 big ones are very dominant so I have got to get them used to her before i can let them all live together. I just hope that will be possible as I already love her so much!.

Anyway I will write more tomorrow as I am so tired.

Love xxx

Old 04-30-2020, 10:50 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Good morning all and I hope you are all feeling well and keeping safe.
Lovely to see you posting Suze. I'm glad your mum is having a scan tomorrow, worrying though it is, if she needs any treatment the sooner it's started the better. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers. It's so good that you are sober and present, just knowing that will be a big comfort to her, I'm sure.Well, it sounds like it's all change for you job wise, but that may not be a bad thing especially as you've been saying for a good while now that you've had enough of flying. My grannie used to say 'as one door closes, another one opens' and it's true. Things always have a way of working out.You do make me smile with those piggies, can this be the same Suze who wasn't that keen on animals, lol? You're absolutely besotted with them, it's a pleasure to read about how happy they make you. I'm sure your new girl will soon settle in to her new, happy home.

Good morning Erratic, Viper and Oglsby. xxx

Good evening Dee, I hope your day has been a good one.

Love always to you all and keep safe. xxxx
Old 04-30-2020, 11:44 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

wow the posts xxx u know me, where do i start!

morning by the way lovlies
daisy, sry that the funeral was yesterday and it being so impersonal must be hard for the family xxx im also a tea junkie lol love earl gray and alsorts of tea xx thanks for the bday wishes for willem xxx yeah time flies eh?

suze x glad ur mum is getting her scan on sat and do hope things are not so bad for her x on ur job, i saw what BA was doing on news yesterday, cant believe what they are doing, but if this is the time for you to change ur direction as u do have 2 years sober and hey who doesnt want to be with there child and also other family more xx cool on the new adopted pig, ur going to be like me lol i ended up with 2 sets of gerbils by the end and only started with 2 lol which was suppose to be same sex but derr guy was wrong and hey i loved them all and they had good life also xx thanks also for your thoughts on my daughter x and thanks for the bday wishes for willem xx yeah wish i could be there, but hey ho, im hoping to be there for gson 2 birth xx so lets hope xx

hey there again oglsby, good job on 6 days hun, yup on the amount on the stuff we seem to abuse ourself with. welcome again here also xxx

well its the 1st of may and i did say i will be starting today in pinning up 5pounds notes up which i have done this morn, i put 2pounds of change in jar, as i am saving £7 each day as thats the majority i spent on that dam drink. so here is my pledge i will not pick up today, day 1 and saving £7 and pinned up for today to see how much i am saving xx

right daughter is on phone will come back later xxxx
Old 05-01-2020, 12:55 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

It's an early check in from me tonight, I'm usually much later that this but I've taken my g.son to his dad's for the weekend, so I thought I'd post here and then have a bath and maybe do a bit of pebble painting. It's been sooo cold today, I've had to put the heating back on, I don't cope with cold very well.

Thanks for the kind words Erratic, much appreciated. I can't believe it's the 1st May, it's funny though because with Mr D.B being off too neither of us ever knows what day it is lately, or date, lol. Every day's the same.

That's it for now, see ya'll tomorrow

keep safe. xxx
Old 05-01-2020, 11:18 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morning all x
good to see u posting early, hope your gson weekend with dad goes ok for them both x least u hopfully get some peace for a day or so x
My day yesterday didnt go as planned but was not to be expected like, i dont mean drink just mean my job, i was livid and havent felt that way for long time, nvm my boss better sort this thing out. I eventually calmed down and had fun with the customers x It seemed gson had a good bday yesterday, shame i missed it all, but nothing can be done so not going to brood over it.
anyway not sure what i am doing today, need to get gecko food and home supplies. so will leave it there for now x
so i pledge i wont pick up today day 2 and i am saving another £7 today x
have a good day xx catch all later x
Old 05-02-2020, 12:17 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Sat here in bed with a cuppa and my baby skittles on me. She is def the most tame and yet I named her skittles cos she was son scared and skittish when I first got her. Little Luna, the piggie I adopted from my friend has gone back home!. Basically, I got her here and it just didnt feel right. I felt like I had plucked her from her home and both her human family and her own guinea pig family. My 2 big piggies didnt like it either. The teeth chattering! My friend said that her little girl also got really upset that Luna had gone 😢so she has gone back to where she belongs and all feels right with the world. It had made me realise that my 4 are just perfect for us and I'm gonna stick with them. I'm just a typical addict... always went more hahah.

My mum has her scan today at 1.30. Please keep her in your prayers ðŸ™

Seren went out with her dad yesterday. She was hesitant to go at first but we met halfway between our homes and he actually did say to her if she wanted to go back with mummy that was ok. I nearly fell over with shock! Is this the same person who demands that a child does what the parent says??? He saw for himself that day at mine that she didnt want to go with him and how she couldn't be forced and no ck tact with her for nearly 3 weeks, he must have been really thinking about his behaviour and that if he wants a relationship with his daughter then he needs to change! I am not meddling either. I want her to have a relationship with her daddy. I need to put my boundaries up and keep them up because I do not need a relationship with him. Anyway, theybsoent about 2 hours together and he dropped her off and she said she had a really good time and he is going to take her out on her bike today for a couple of hours and she is happy to go. The thing is, I am not working am I and hopefully I wont be flying anymore so things are going to change because he won't need to have her when I am away.

And in regards to work... well British Airways,are just totally trying to shaft their employees. Willie Walsh has delayed his retirement to finish what he started 10 years ago. It's a long story and I wont bore you all with the politics of it all except to say that I am 100% sure that I want to leave!! ....................... back in a sec

Old 05-02-2020, 12:43 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for your mum Snitch - and your future employment.
Best wishes for you too DB - sounds like a rough week in a lot of ways?
Hi erratic Oglsby and Viper

D: