# 83 (permalink)  

Re: Class of April 2018 Part 14

Spoiler

Are we still upgrading the site ??
Old 04-24-2020, 04:45 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Well it looks like that worked.

Hi folks, Im getting some things done. Finally going to a lawyer next week (or virtually going) to meet about my rights to work with my benefits. I worked on a list of in depth questions.

im working hard to break habits. I have a habit of talking to my sister (and brother too) and trying to get approval and help making decisions. Telling my sister too much, etc. Im just battling it like an addiction and Im doing pretty good right now.

Theres been some stressful things. A theft of my nice mechanics tool set at the house, by the contractors brother, but Im taking the guy to the cleaners right now. The cops have him dead to rights, so his fate is in my hands. Hes gonna pay me or hell pay.

ok, Friday night. Big plans. Me and the TV.

talk soon

viper

Old 04-24-2020, 11:29 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all xx
good to see u viper, looks like the site is back to normal which is great x
nothing much to say this morn, just wanted to check in x
have a good day everyone x
Old 04-24-2020, 11:34 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 04-25-2020, 02:18 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good morning all, it feels like I haven't posted since forever though I have checked in practically everyday. I looks like the site has been fixed, lets hope so, technical problems can be a bit of a nightmare. I feel sorry for any new members or anyone who was trying to join the site, I hope they kept trying.Well, the weather has been gorgeous and I've spent lots of time working in the garden or just sitting admiring it, lol. I've made a little pond out of an old Belfast sink and I've bought a mini solar pump for it and a dwarf water lily, I just want a couple of little goldfish now, whenever I can get some.The home schooling has kept me busy too, so I haven't been bored in any way. I can always find something to keep myself occupied. Suze, I'm so sorry that I couldn't post for your 2 year soberversary. I could see that it was your anniversary but between the faults on here and my problematic it was just impossible. But I'm here now, so a happy 2 yr soberversary to you, you've done so well and I am extremely proud of you.I remember that very first post you made when you were recovering in hospital after your failed balancing act and I remember how desperate you were. I has only been sober a couple of weeks myself and we were like two lost souls. It's a pleasure to be on this journey with you,you never fail to inspire me with your kindness, your empathy and your sense of humour and you've kept me going on my black cloud days.
It's great to see you back posting Viper, don't stay away so long next time. We need your support. It's such a shame that your benefits won't allow you to work. I'm not sure, but I think people who are on benefits here can work up to 16 hours per week. There is lots of voluntary work available though that I'm sure would benefit from having the help of someone like you, might be worth thinking about.
Thanks Dee, for always being here, good times or bad.
Glad your having a virtual meeting with a lawyer Viper, let us know how it goes. I'm sorry about your tools getting stolen, I hope the thief's fingers drop off.
Morning Erratic, I hope you're well, How's it going and where's the daily pledge? I was happy when I read that you'd been getting stuck into the garden, I love it, I only a fairly novice gardener, mostly since I got sober, but I find it so therapeutic, I love being at one with the earth, I love getting my hands dirty and messing with soil etc. I'll never have hands like a lady, lol.How's work been? I hope they are treating you well.
I'm off to catch up here, there and everywhere.
Keep safe, love to all of you. xxx
Old 04-25-2020, 02:20 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Well that posted ok, don't know what happened to the spaces though! Not to worry.
xxxx
Old 04-25-2020, 03:57 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Goodnight all, sleep well. xxxxxxxxx
Old 04-25-2020, 04:40 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was around for the last few days to make sure anyone who joined was welcomed, or 'empty' posts answered
Glad things are getting back to normal
Old 04-25-2020, 10:10 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
glad things are getting back to normal on the site xsry daisy i didnt do my pledge as i had a drink so i am back to day 1 i did however do 6days which is an improvement so i will pledge that i wont pick up today x its also me and hub wedding anniversary today, will be 23yrs for us. I have work this morn so as its lockdown anyway we wont be doing anything, we actually dont do anything on it anyway lol
glad u got out in garden daisy x its been really nice here also, but the weather has turned again and its cold and cloudy and grey, which is normal here lol
on my daughter she is still fighting through things, her crutches arrived other day to help her walk so thats something. she is also still trying to find a place to move to before the new one arrives, but not because of lockdown she hasnt been able to get a place its due to her having pets, so hmm not sure what she is going to do, as council has stopped all biddings for properties but she was going to go private. well thats another things thats going on with her, so will just leave it there.
right im away to have my tea and take my tabs and get ready for long morn at work x i shouldnt really complain as least i am out.
take care everyone and its great what u have been doing dee x
hugs to all x
Old 04-25-2020, 10:11 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

oh and ur right about the spaces daisy lol hey least we can post and be here xx
Old 04-25-2020, 10:18 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah its good to be able to post

D
Old 04-26-2020, 12:28 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Good morning all and a happy Sunday to you.
Happy anniversary Erratic, 23 years is a long time, I hope you have a good day whatever you do. 6 days sober is good and you've had more sober days lately than you have drinking days, which goes to show that you can do it when you put your mind to it.I didn't realise that your daughter needed crutches, she's got her hands full with a toddler as well as being pregnant, bless her. I think she's going to struggle finding somewhere to move to at the moment with all that's going on and does she need that extra stress? Hopefully in a few weeks things will be a bit more relaxed. keep safe at work. xx

I knew you'd be around where possible for any new members Dee or for anyone else struggling, just as always. Thanks for all you do to help.

I'm off to check my other threads, back later.
Keep safe, love always xxx
Old 04-26-2020, 12:38 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

this font is too small for me LOl. Happy anniversary Erratic

D
Old 04-27-2020, 12:21 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
thanks dee and daisy on the congrats x i was working yesterday morn but came home to a card and a pressie which lol i thought we never really celebrated it, so now the gloves is off and i will make sure i buy him something this week. He also made dinner which was nice. The pressie i got was ofcause was something which i shouldnt of drank so i am back to day 1 today. so my pledge is i will not pick up day 1 take thousands of time x we also watched a movie which havent seen before and is dead funny lol we seem to be watching older movies, the film we watched was tropic thunder, i was in stitches x
anyway i hope u all had a good sunday and now back to monday yet another day like any other day lol at the moment x
take care lovelies xx
Old 04-27-2020, 05:14 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good morning my lovely Aprils, I hope you are all well. All is good with me, I went shopping for a few essentials first thing and luckily I didn't have to queue. I noticed that the shelves are filling up again now and I even saw antibacterial hand wash in Home Bargains. I also noticed that the prices of everything is creeping up and not just by a few pence. I'll have to be getting myself a job at this rate.

It was good of your husband to get you a gift for your anniversary and to make you a meal. Bit naughty of him to buy you alchohol though, tell him to get you perfume next time or flowers and chocolates, lol. Sounds like you had a good day anyway. I hope your Monday is good too and I'll hold you to that pledge.

Hi Suze and Viper, I hope all is good with you two.

Hi Dee. xx
Old 04-27-2020, 01:56 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. I am glad the site is back again, I post from my phone and I love the version I have on my phone.

Thank you for all yout birthday wishes to me for my 2nd year. I cant believe I have not had a soo of alcohol in TWO YEARS! It's amazing and something I never dreamed was possible for me.

Happy anniversary to you and your hubby Erratic.

Everyrhing is good with us. It was 2 weeks ago today that the incident with Seren's dad happened and he said he didnt want anything to do with her. Anyway, the old me wanted to try fix it but I didn't. Seren was happy and so I left things as they were. He had made the decision so it was down to him to make contact if he wanted to see her and on wednesday he did. He emailed me and asked if she would want to see him. I asked het and she said she didn't know. She said she didnt want to stay and that if she sas him she wanted me to be there. I relayed back to him what she said and he replied that it would be best to leave it for the time being. Then today he asked me if it was ok if he started messaging her via her phone to start off with. I said fine by me and he sent her a funny little message. I am super proud of myself for just letting go and letting God! I didn't meddle, didnt try to fix, didnt make things worse. He has got to think about his actions and behaviour. It sounds to me like he had been. He isnt demanding to see her because he knows first hand that she wont go anyway and that is absolutely nothing to do with me. So we'll see. All I know is that I have to have high boundaries and stick to them when it comes to him and that his only relationship is with his daughter and not me. Saying that I could feel myself getting resentful as he knows I am furloughed and there was no offer of any money or even to ask if Seren needed anything. But being resentful is only going to damage me as no matter what I "think" he should be doing he will only do what he wants to do and that clearly doesnt involve asking if I need any help. So I pray for acceptance and that eases my resentment. To be honest it's been really lovely not having contact with him. Nice and peaceful lol.

Other than that well my mum is mum is doing well recuperating at home. She is still waiting to have a mammogram so hopefully that will come through soon. So both her and my dad are happy and well. I have been doing stuff at gome. Gardening and painting. My eating is ahhhhh. Not good. I need to sort it out. It is the one thing in my life that is causing me misery and I am the only one who can do anything about it but I just feel so powerless. I cannot resist goodies!!! I am sure it will come. I am not drinking and that is good enough but I do need to sort it out. School work is hmmmm so so. The guineas are great, they are soooo tame now! I love them. Am loving being off work ! I dont want to go back to flying really I realise how much I enjoy being at home in my own bed every night. But it's all about the money money money lol. I need to think about other options. I am not sure I would want to give up completely but go to 50% or 33%. That's if I even have a job to go back to. I have no idea what is going to happen and I am just keeping it in the day at the moment.

AA is good. I am waiting to do my step 5 with my sponsor. I've been doing alot of online AA meetings. Working on my recovery and my spirituality. It is a beaitiful amazing programme and I am grateful I stuck with it and so grateful for SR and all of you guys too.

We are struggling with our sleep patterns, going to bed late and then getting up late so am trying to change that at the minute so bedtime now.

Lots of love sorry if any typos I am too tired to check back

❤❤❤
Old 04-27-2020, 02:21 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Lovely to hear from you Suze and you sound great. I don't think that the site is fully fixed yet, it wasn't this morning anyway, but I don't think it's far off, the techs have done well.You did yourself proud with Seren's dad, giving him time to think about his actions, rather than trying to fix things for him, it seems to have worked anyway. Just play it by ear and see how it goes, stick to your boundaries.I'm glad your mum is doing well but I wish they'd hurry up and give her an appointment for that mammogram, did she try and chase it up?I'm trying to watch my eating too, I never used to have a sweet tooth but now I'm terrible and it needs to stop. I'll be good for days and then I go on a binge of eating crap ( a bit like when I was binge drinking really) for days.I'm glad you stuck with A.A too, it really does seem right for you. Have a good night and sleep well. xxx
Back in the morning.
Love to all. xxx
Old 04-27-2020, 10:50 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
thanks daisy, nothing much to say this morning x i pledge i wont pick up today day 2

be back again later x thats not if i am back in bed lol have great day all xxx