Notices

Hi

Old 08-22-2020, 07:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi

I don’t know where to start on here there’s so many threads. I am a 43 year old mom of 8 kids. I escaped my very co-dependent, very drug addicted family. My mom and her sister married my dad and his brother so a set of sisters married a set of brothers and it made for a very dysfunctional mess. My husband and I joke that it was the Clan of the Cave Bear. And it was just that weird. My dad and his brother and my aunt have all passed away. My mom and my brother and my cousins are left. That all hate each other but I don’t know why. They’re all just alike. My mom is a pot head and a homewrecker and my brother is an alcoholic pot head pill head dead beat dad. My cousin cheated on her husband and her brother has like 7 kids and doesn’t take care of any of them. He and his sister use weed, pills and meth and probably anything else they can find to take to escape reality. I have discontinued all contact with them. It was about 7 years in the making to let go. Sometimes I feel guilty. But mostly just fell peace. I am 3 years clean off weed. Always hated it but kept foo g it cause it was all I knew. I never want to do back to that life.
Old 08-22-2020, 08:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Luka, and welcome to SR. Congratulations on 3 years clean. I'm sorry your family is such a mess. The friends and family section has a wealth of experience and lots of good folks. I'm glad you are here!
Old 08-22-2020, 08:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome lika and congrats on your three years - its great to have you join us and share a little of your story

D