Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 14

Old 04-09-2020, 11:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils
I'm up before my breakfast this morning, I've not been able to sleep more than a couple of hours but I do like being up when it's all quiet and all I can hear is the birds singing. I'm going grocery shopping for 8 am, to get essentials. According to our local news the police are going to be manning the roads this weekend to stop drivers and ask why and where they are going and if they don't give plausible replies they will be asked to return home. This is a bid to keep everyone at home over the Easter weekend with the weather being nice. I wish they would come and park in my road, because I can guarantee that my neighbours from hell will be having family b.b.q's all weekend.

Anyway, I'm wishing you all the best Friday possible. Back later.

Love always and stay safe. xxx
Old 04-10-2020, 12:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning lovelies x

that was like me yesterday morn daisy, getting the shopping early and did also while taking dog out lol. on the police manning the roads yeah they will be clamping down very hard, ur nightmare neighbour i do hope they try and they get fined xx

where is our viper and snitch? hope u both are ok x
dee ur still around so hope all is fine with u xxx

so here is my pledge on not picking up today, day 3 xx

going to go and do my rounds of stuff i do online, so will see u all later xx
Old 04-10-2020, 02:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

good on you erratic

I hope everyone around you heeds the stay at home order & social distancing DB

D
Old 04-10-2020, 02:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Evening my lovely Aprilers, I cant believe how warm it is it feels like a summer night tonight. Its gorgeous, I love it long may it continue.

Well done on your 2 days alcohol free Erratic, how has today gone for you?

I've been in the garden too Daisy. I have a couple of friends who don't have gardens and its been quite hard for them on lockdown whereas I dont feel deprived of going out really especially with our daily hour or so out.

Anyway guys, good news, my mum is out of hospital! She came out last night. I am so happy she is back home with my dad and of course they are both really happy. There is still the huge issue that maybe her cancer has returned, the hospital are arranging a mammogram for her but for the meantime at least she is doing well and is out of hospital. Gave an extra loud clap and cheer for the NHS last night. They are amazing! I woke up this morning feeling really happy and well. Its been a horrible week , I've been so down and I feel like I've come out of it now. This too shall pass. I just didnt know what to do with myself and all those horrible feelings. Without alcohol there is no option to numb them. I just had to feel them and keep praying.

Clean sheets Sheets on the bed tonight.... lush! Life is good.

Love to you all

Xxx
Old 04-10-2020, 04:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi again Aprils, I hope you'reall good and well. It's been another lovely day but it bounced down about an hour ago when I was in the bath, the heavens opened. It will do my garden good anyway.
The N.F.H had another garden party as I knew they would, they are so selfish and irresponsible. I'm trying to ignore them and not let it get to me, but it's so unfair.
I've heard of 3 people today that I know, who have the virus, it made me feel a bit scared. I'm worried for my daughter who works in the hospital and her partner who is an ambulance driver. They are meticulous in what they wear and do, I just hope it's enough.

I wish my neighbours would get fined too Erratic, it might make them think if it hits them in the pocket.
I hope your got through day 3 without any problems. Good luck for day 4. xxx

Thanks Dee but no they didn't. I just don't understand what part of 'stay home' they don't get.

So glad to see you Suze, you've been on my mind. I'm glad your mum is home and I hope she gets that mammogram apt as soon as.
Our N.H. S are wonderful and deserve big fat payrise, we are so luck to have them.

Stay safe.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x

good to see u posting snitch and great that ur mum is now home x wish i was in same spirit this morn, good that ur happy.

i woke up feeling fed up and blah, so think maybe i will just go back to bed or may have a bath and wash my hair.

daisy ur neighbour its a wonder noone has phoned the police on her x

guess i better do my pledge, not feeling it today but i will do it anyway x

so i pledge i wont pick up today, day 4

hope u all have a good morning x
Old 04-11-2020, 02:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good evening Aprils, it's been another hot, sunny day here so we've got loads done in the garden, we're very nearly on top of it all now. I hope you lot are okay and keeping safe.
We had some sad news earlier, Mr D.B's cousin passed away at 8 o clock this evening, she was taken into hospital yesterday with breathing difficulties, she had Covid-19 and died with a nurse holding her hand. It's so sad, both her and her husband have been suffering with a bad cough etc and were both diagnosed with the virus though he is on the mend. He's been told that he cannot leave the house for any reason and it's unlikely that he will be able to attend the funeral. It's so, so sad. They are in their mid 50's, had no children, both their parents are deceased and he has one sister who is suffering with cancer and has to keep away. It certainly puts things into perspective!

I hope your feeling of blah passed Erratic and well done on pledging day 4, I shall hold you to it.
My neighbours have been doing it all again today, I just don't get them!

Back tomorrow

Stay safe.xxx
Old 04-12-2020, 01:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Morning all

So sorry Daisy for yours and your husband's loss. It is so sad and so unreal. Are your neighbours having people around? I usually prefer to mind my own business but if they are continually doing it and well, basically flouting the rules then maybe you could report them? I have so much respect for your daughter and son in law too!!

Erraric how is your alcohol free days going?

This weather and being in my garden has certainly sparked up my alcoholism! I am practising acceptance and surrender. Lots of gratitude. Alcohol is poison to me end of! I don't know why I seem to struggle so much with these thoughts. I am doing all the right things but I hear in meetings how the obsession to drink has left people and yes, I don't have that real obsession anymore which is a miracle and a blessing but every day I have constant thoughts about alcohol. I am so tired of it. It's like a fly buzzing round in my brain unable to find a way out. I'll just keep doing what I am doing. This time 2 years ago I was starting my binge from hell and I am so grateful that I am not there today!!

Yesterday me and Seren took a walk down the beach and went in the sea! We wanted to swim for oir daily exercise but it was sooooo cold! We managed to get waist deep but I just couldn't get my shoulders under and neither could she which def means it's cold cos she isnt normally bothered. Anyway, it was still really refreshing and then we went and played ball on the lawns. There were police on the seafront and a helicopter above. It was really quiet, we had the whole beach practically to ourselves. Just a few (mad) swimmers. I can't wait until we can spend time down at the beach properly.

Anyway apart from that all is good. My mum is recuperating at home, i've been doing online AA meetings, getting stuff done round my home and in the garden too, chatting to family and friends on facetime. Just trying to make the best out of a very bizarre and let's face it, dangerous situation.

Lots of love to you all amd happy Easter

Xxxx
Old 04-12-2020, 02:20 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils and a happy Easter to you all, though it's the strangest one we've ever had. I drove to my daughter's last night, put the children's Easter eggs on her doorstep ( I could here the children laughing and playing in the back garden) then phoned her from the bottom of her drive. They all came to the door and waved, I felt really emotional, though I woulen't let them see me cry. Hard times, but I'm so lucky compared to many.

Thank you for your kind words Suze, it all happened so fast. Yes my neighbours have had family b.b.q's last Sat and Sun, then one on good Friday and another one yesterday, their family include 2 people who work in a nursing home,a new baby just over a week old, an 8 month old baby, a 4 yr old and a 6 yr old, none of them live there apart from Mr & Mrs neighbours from Hell. They are so selfish and irresponsible. I would report them but they would know it was either us or the single mum who live on the other side of them and believe me they would make our lives a misery so I'm just trying to mind my business and do the best I can. I'll leave it to karma.
I've had quite a few thoughts of alcohol too over the last few weeks and this situation with the virus doesn't help. On one occasion I had to queue down the wine isle to pay for my shopping and I was actually salivitating and that hasn't happened for a long time, I was glad to get out of there. For the most part I'm pushing all thoughts of wine straight out of my head as soon as they pop in there. I refuse to let myself go back to where I was, I'd be devastated if I slipped now. I'm sticking close to S.R as much as I can, better safe than sorry.
You're so lucky to live near the sea, I would love that, however I'm lucky to have meadows just over the road and they are beautiful too. I took my g.son over there yesterday ( most days actually) and some thoughtful person had crocheted rainbows and hung them off the trees, also decorated a tree with Christmas baubles, it was like being on a treasure hunt sort of, finding all the rainbows.
I'm glad your mum is doing well, I'm keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. You take care too. xx

Back later,

Love always and keep safe. xx
Old 04-12-2020, 02:38 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all x

sry daisy about mrDB cousin xx it must be hard for you all x glad u saw ur daughter and gkids x

snitch good to hear from u x good that u a serene went in the sea, sounds nice x

hope u both have a good easter sunday x well as much as u can x

i ended up picking up last night, so i made 3 days so back to it again i guess.

so i pledge not to pick up today, day 1 again.

hope ur ok viper xx
Old 04-12-2020, 02:39 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Easter everyone

D
Old 04-12-2020, 03:49 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, just nipping in quickly before bed, it's back to winter today for us, it's gone cold and windy.

Thanks Erratic, Mr D.B hadn't seen his cousin for donkey's years but they connected on F.B just a few months back, so they weren't especially close, it's still sad though.
I'm sorry you picked up but I'm treating it as a practise run, you'll do it tomorrow, I'm counting on it.

Back in the morning.

Goodnight all. xxx
Old 04-13-2020, 12:00 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all x

daisy yeah its still sad though xx

here is my daily pledge i will not pick up today, day 2

nothing much to report, me and hub are trying the 30 day freetrial of britbox so i am working i am working through wire in the blood, im actually enjoying it, i have some of her books on these episodes and not finding it to bad if u understand, once u read first its hard to watch a film or a program on it lol thats good, as its not the same as ur imagination or even near the true events of the book if u understand?

i got a text from my boss yesterday so i am starting back to work on thur, however he has asked me to do friday afternoon, which i think its because of the delivery we get and im just a weak woman lol nvm whatever, guess will see how things have been at work when back and also i am out for a while. so im not going to moan about it.

right i am going to go off and do some surfing x hope u all have a good day and will check in later x
Old 04-13-2020, 03:28 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils
I hope you all had a good Easter weekend, it was the strangest one ever but at least we had good weather. I nipped to Sainsbury's at 7 this evening for bread, milk and a few bits, it was a good time to go, no queuing outside, straight in and I got what I want, there was hardly anyone in the shop and they had loads of Easter eggs reduced, so I bought Mr D.B one, lol, he's already scoffed it.

Hi Erratic, I hope you got through day 2 okay, you've had quite a few sober days lately which just goes to show that you can do it if you put your mind to it. I agree, the films are never as good as the book. We've just signed up for a 30 day trial of Netflix, it seems okay, not that I watch much, we'll see how it goes.
Will you boss be providing you with any safety gear, like face shields or masks? When I was in Sainsbury's before I noticed that all the tills have like a perspex wall between the customer and the check out person, there is an open square in the wall thing, big enough for your hand to make the payment through and I know that in Lidl they've been given perspex face shields that cover the whole face, a bit like a see through helmet.

I'm off now to catch up round the board.

Love to all and keep safe xx
Old 04-13-2020, 11:06 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x

good to see somone posting x

daisy yeah was a strange easter weekend, hub bought me an egg also on sunday x on the work situation i have no clue what is going on there so prob not any shielding or anything as its a small shop and private owned, so prob wont be able to afford anything, so will find out tomo when pick up keys. our tescos is the same here with the wall and stuff. My husband watches alot of stuff on netflix and its rather good and has been awarded many prizes for there own films and programs x hub just thought maybe i would like this new one to watch some stuff i wouldnt get anywhere else x

nothing much else to report so i will do my pledge for not picking up today, day 3 x

going to get myself another cup of tea x
Old 04-14-2020, 03:37 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils.

It's just two for tea Erratic, you and I.
I don't like the thought of you working in a shop without any protective gear, handling money and thoughtless customers etc. Have you got any of them surgical gloves or a mask, if so wear them, doesn't matter what you look like. I looked like Dick Turpin this morning when I went to get some essentials lol.
Mr D.B is liking Netflix, in fact he's liking it a bit too much, lol.
Day 3 is good, keep going.

You okay Dee? You've been very quiet these last few days. Just checking.

Suze and Vipe, I hope you're both okay, thinking about you.

Back later, stay home and stay safe. Love always xx
Old 04-14-2020, 03:47 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm fine DB - just spread a little thin (not just here- trying to connect with people in my real life as well )

D
Old 04-14-2020, 01:44 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Just as long as you're okay Dee. Take care.

Goodnight all, same place tomorrow Erratic.

Keep safe. xxx
Old 04-14-2020, 09:42 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hey all, I am awake! I have my window open and the animals and birds are out in full force early this am. I am not sure what I am hearing, seagulls yes, but other birds, one really unusual one and something I think may be a fox? Anyway they woke me up and I just felt compelled to come here and post!!

There isn't that much to say. I am loving being
Off work with Seren and the guinea's, it's just a Shame it's for such a horrid reason. I hate going outside though, it feels really creepy, like we are in the Handmaid's tale or something. We've got a beautiful park near us so tend to fo there for our outside exercise and that feels relatively normal although of course no where near as busy as usual.

My mum is recuperating at home but she has lost over a stone and still doesnt have much appetite. Her notes reported that they found malignant cells in the fluid that was taken from her lungs. She is waiting to hear about a mammogram but I told her she has to chase this up! I am really concerned but trying to keep things in the day and not let my mind run away with me.

My drinking thoughts have disappeared thank God! I have been praying for the obsession to drink to be removed and it has! I don't know how it works but I honestly don't want to drink. I have just started to read a book I have called Under the Influence. I've had it years and I think I have read it before but it is making so much sense now. It explains how alcoholics are physiologically different to normal drinkers and the difference between alcoholism and alcohol abuse or alcoholism and heavy drinkers which is really helping me. It's quite scientific but in layman's terms an alcoholics is wired differently to normal drinkers. Its really interesting and definitely helps to debunk the thought of ever being able to drink again. Not that I thought I could anyway but it helps to know the reason why.

Feeling sleepy again now, will read and post more when I wake up, just wanted to check in!!

Xx
Old 04-15-2020, 12:06 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x

good to see u post snitch x sry to hear about ur mother and nag her to chase this up xx dont feel guilty in spending quality time with ur daughter and piggies even at a time like this hun, your allowed to be happy x

daisy thanks for your worry, i do have i think some gloves in my purse from when i was working last and i will take precausions and wash my hands all the time while there. on other stuff there isnt any point as he will say cant afford it anyway, so i am just going to keep to myself while i am at work, as it showed these past 2 weeks noone even text to see how things was, so *** em x hubby first time showed concern about me going back to work and the conditions also, but hey ho, i will just do what i had to do before x lol on mr db and netflix he will be like my hub he is allways watch some series on it, he is watching the new star trek with that bold man i used to fancy lol in it, he says its really good.

good to see ur still around though dee xx yes u do spread urself thin, watch what ur doing hun xx

so here is my pledge for not picking up today, day 4 x

hey where is our viper?? hope ur ok hun aswell!!