Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 14

Old 08-10-2020, 11:05 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Morning... I could not keep my eyes open last night and I feel the night has passed in minutes! Ahhhh I just love sober sleep!!..

Ok so to continue my story ..

we spent a couple of hours chatting and the girls playing and she was really sweet, she told me she was proud of me and glad that I was doing good and had gotten help. Anyway the next day my really good friend, who was the 3rd party on our friendship and also hadnt seen her for over 2 years, and who has been totally supportive and a rock to me, she went for a quick drink with her at a pub we all used to frequent together. I didnt go because 1 seren was seeing her dad 2. I didn't want to and ny friend told me that apparently my (ex) friend and a couple of other mums had been drinking in the park whilst the kids played and now took it to the pub, apparebtly the kids were bored and my (ex) friend had apparently left all her play stuff for her daughter at home and was saying oh we may have to move pubs! (We would always pack loads of colouring books etc so the kids could be entertained whilst we drank). My friend refused a drink because she was driving and one of the mums was telling her it will be ok go on have one! Anyway NO JUDGEMENT from me whatsoever but I just felt immense gratitude that that is not me today, that is not my daughter spending her time in oub after pub, that is not me encouraging someone to drink drive with their child in the car. I don't want any of that back. There is so much life out there to experience and I spent (wasted) enough of my life in pubs. I also felt a sense of freedom. Real freedom from my own life. I thought I would be envious of her, living her life drinking like I had wanted to but all I feel is gratitude that I am not and also compassion as she has no idea of the beauty that comes with sobriety and I finally free from my past if that makes any sense at all?

I am secretary at my morning zoom meeting today and I have now done 3 chairs in meetings where I share my experience, strength and hope. I am actually grateful that I am an alcoholic today because as a result of working tbe steps my whole outlook on life has changed and I am living in the solution today not the problem which is where I always was when drinking.

Oh and i took Seren shopping yesterday as she needed some new clothes and we went to Hennes and she walked around picking her own stuff out. So sweet! Its like having a little mate with me wherever I go now ❤❤

I'm going to make tea and say my prayers and crack on with my day. Beach day today. No cool box full of wine required 😊😊😊

Love you all ❤❤
Old 08-12-2020, 03:50 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils, I've missed a few days but you know how it is, busy, busy. It's another scorcher of a day here, I'm loving the sun but the night times are not so good, I just can't sleep it's that hot. Last night we had a major storm with some magnificent lightening flashes. One clap of thunder was so loud that the front door and all the windows in the house rattled, the storm must have been directly above us. I love watching a good storm, I'd love to watch one at sea.
All's good with me, I feel well and my family are well, that's all I ask for really. Yesterday, I took the g.children to a forest and we all had a great time, the children were swinging over small streams on rope swings and they really enjoyed themselves, it was good to see them playing like that rather than seeing them stuck to a mobile phone or tablet all the time. I recorded some great videos to send to my g.son's mum in Spain.

I'm glad you're feeling better now Erratic, ha your boss sounds like he couldn't organise a party( being polite) in a brewery, never mind staff rota's. I hope your daughter and the babies are all doing well.

G. morning Suze, I'm so glad that your mum is doing well and has put a bit of weight on, that sounds positive anyway.
It's sad about your old friend and I do hope that she sees the light sooner rather than later, the main thing though is that you are sober and in control of yourself, sadly you can't do the same for her.
I took my g.daughter clothes shopping the other day, she hit Primark and did very well out of the trip. It's good to have a girly girl in the family.

Viper, come back soon.

How are you Dee, are you still having to shield? I hope you are well anyway.

See you all later.

Lots of love xxx
Old 08-12-2020, 09:19 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all x usual got work this morn x
we had storm yesterday morn which went on for 3hrs and more and we had flooding and also a train leaving here derailed and 3 people died, so was kind of a big dramatic morning here x
good to see u both posting and good that things are good x
nothing much else to report just now, just in one of my quiet moods x hope u alll have good day x
Old 08-12-2020, 10:02 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah I was sorry to hear that news Erratic. Hope you're personally ok
Still taking care Daisy but have been out a few times this week

D
Old 08-13-2020, 01:31 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Erratic, I saw that tragedy on the news, it was shocking. I hope you are okay, is it as hot over in your neck of the woods as it is here? I'm melting.

Keep safe Dee.

G.morning Suze, I'm sure you'll be here soon.

Hi Viper.

I best go and make my g.son some breakfast.

Love to all xx
Old 08-13-2020, 01:23 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Old 08-14-2020, 12:08 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

hey all x dee personaly i am fine x thanks for asking. yeah guess was shock but at usual councils is they dont spend there money where it is needed. the weather here daisy on wed after thunder and that is it was hot, but we dont have the heat or anything like england so wouldnt even compare to u and snitch x actually same to u dee. as we do know though change of enviroment is a factor, so yeah the floods we had and also train was unusual. anyway sry, was at work this morn and hoping to get another weekend sober. got this new program i am working on with drinking. x so trying x hope u are all ok xx will get back on later xx
Old 08-15-2020, 03:16 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Morning my lovelies.

How are you all?.

Seren is ar her dad's and I am just getting ready to go meet my friend in town for lunch although I don't really feel like it now as it's wet out and I am tired, I woke about 4am this morning, plus I feel really fat and everything is tight again as I have spent the last few weeks eating and not exercising.

I'm really struggling with food again. I was doing so well, losing weight and exercising, I felt amazing. I am so tired of this cycle and I know what I have to do. I have to put in the right action but even thinking about lunch today I want to go and have something tasty, I don't want a salad! Ahhh! I need to tackle this like I did my drinking.

But I am looking forward to seeing my friend. So that will be nice.

Things have been good. Still waiting to finalise my settlement with BA but that should be done at the beginning of next week. My mum is doing ok. She had her chemo yesterday and was very fatigued last night. Her hair is falling out now but her overall mood seems quite good. I was upset last night after speaking to her. I think I have been subconsciously blocking out the fact my mum has stage 4 cancer and last night it was all too evident how real it is. Plus I am not getting to spend anytime with her and my dad so I miss them so much.

I can actually feel myself going into self loathing and self pity as I am writing this.

I am going to start putting the right action in NOW and go and do a workout!

Back later xxx

Old 08-15-2020, 06:11 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope today is a better day Suzy

hi Daisy and Erratic

D
Old 08-16-2020, 12:04 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Morning....

So after I wrote my post yesterday, I got up and did a workout, I put on some good old 90's dance music whilst I got ready and I felt much better! I walked into Brighton with my headphones on listening to music and then I got a call from a girl who I connected with on my morning AA meeting and we had a chat which was lovely. There is just proper magic that goes on when 2 recovering alcoholics talk! So I ended up in a great mood. I walked past loads of bars and people sitting outside bars drinking and I had ZERO desire to drink. I actually felt in a rel pink cloud and only 2 hours before I was starting to feel really low. ACTION ACTION ACTION is what it takes to feel better!

I met my friend and we had a lovely time. We went to a quite area of Brighton and sat and had lunch and chatted for ages. I got gome and cleaned out my piggies and then had a shower and bed. Had a wee catch up with our Viper but I was soo tired and have had a great sleep.

So onwards and upwards. Thanks Dee! I will be getting up and working out because it makes me feel good. Do my own meeting and crack on with my day.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone xxx
Old 08-16-2020, 02:09 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Good morning all and a happy Sunday to you. It's pouring down here as it has done all night, still at least it's a bit cooler. I hope you are all well.
I had an awful day on Friday, I went to Southport for a day on the beach with my bestie Mandy and the 3 g.children, we always have what we call a 'fun day Friday' during the school holidays. We hadn't been there 5 minutes, just walked through the Pleasureland ( the fairground) gates when Mandy fell. She's a big girl and she went with one heck of a bang, she smashed all her poor face and really hurt herself. I was just devastated, still am, I can't stop thinking about it. The staff were brilliant, they got a first aider, who was wonderful, they radio'd fr 2 burly men to come and pick her up and put her in a quiet booth in a coffee shop, they brought ice pack, tea, coffee, water etc. I wanted her to go to hospital but she refused point blank Anyway, she's black and blue and has been home in bed since. I can't remember if I told you that she's been wobbly on her legs for a while and recent tests have shown that it's likely that she has motor neurone disease. I'm just heartbroken about it all. She has been in denial but I think Friday has brought things to a head and hopefully she will now consider getting a mobility scooter ( we've been trying to convince her to get one for a while). Fingers crossed.
Other than that, I'm okay, I'm stone cold sober and all is well.

Morning Erratic, I'm so glad you're okay. I know it's cooler in Scotland than it is here, but I do hope you've had some of the glorious sunshine. Mr D.B's daughter and her little family went to Edinburgh last week for 5 days and loved it. I've never been to Scotland at all, but it is in my bucket list. I hope your new programme is working for you.

Morning Suze and I doubt very much that you are in the slightest bit fat or bloated. From the pics I've seen of you, you're as slim as slim can be. You sound in a much better frame of mind today and it sounds like you had a great Saturday. I'm glad your mum is doing well, she's a fighter, I can tell.

Hi Dee, enjoy your evening whatever you are doing.

Much love to all of you. xxx
Old 08-16-2020, 12:14 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Oh Daisy! I'm so sorry to hear that about Mandy. Yes I do remember you saying about the onset of motor neuron disease. Bless her. That sounded nasty and must have been so awful for her if it shook you up that much too but thank God she is ok and there were people on hand to help 🙏❤
Old 08-16-2020, 01:45 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze, it was awful and I was very shook up. She says she feels much better today but looks much worse. We just have to take each day as it comes.

Lots of love to you all.xx
Old 08-16-2020, 11:34 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry about Mandy DB
The scooter and the wheelchair have been a godsend for me.

D
Old 08-17-2020, 12:26 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

I am glad she is feeling better Daisy. It's all about acceptance again isn't it? Not just us with alcohol. Once we accept and surrender we cease fighting. I pray Mandy finds acceptance around her situation, I'm sure she will especially with a good friend like you are her side ❤

Day 1 yesterday if no sugar and it was brutal. After about day 3 I am feeling much better so day 2 today.

I'm just in the final stages of processing my settlement agreement from BA and in less than 2 weeks I will be free!

Today, I am going to get my butt up and workout and then head to a face to face meeting. I havent done a f2f in a week. Then I need to go pick up a shoe rack i ordered and also exchange a dress i bought. I took seren shopping for new clothes and bought a little dress for myself but it's a wee bit big so going to change it.

Thata it really. No bit plans.

Hey Erratic, how is the not drinking going?

Have a good Monday

Xxx
Old 08-17-2020, 02:05 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

good luck with the no sugar and the redundancy Snitch

New thread time guys
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-15-a.html (Class of April 2018 Part 15)

D