View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 05:01 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
snitch

Hello my lovelies,

Welcome Oglsby. You are in the right month, wrong year class lol. This is class of April 2018. The newest class is class of April 2020 which is on the newcomers forum however only until tomorrow where it will move to the daily support thread forum as there will be a new class starting.. class of May 2020. However, as the others pointed out you are more than welcome here. We started as quite a big group and now we have only a handful of us still posting. I took my last drink in April 2018 so 2 years sober now. If I can do this, you can too. Stay close to SR, keep posting, make staying sober your number 1 priority, I am an AA person also but the only one who is on this thread. Any questions you have fire away. We are all here to support each other!!! Glad you are here.

Hey Daisy and Erratic. Happy birthday to Willem!! Its a shame you cannot be with him but you'll soon have him in your arms again!! I am keeping your daughter in my prayers Erratic.

So, a few things going on for me. BA have said that there are to be approx 12,000 employees to be made redundant. Not just cabin crew, this is across BA as a whole. They have also announced plans to scrap all our fcabin crew fleets merge us into one and we will be on new contracts with new terms and conditions. It is what they have wanted to do for a long time and this situation is giving them the perfect excuse. Our union is on the case but the outlook is fairly bleak. HOWEVER, I came to my own decision yesterday and I realised how much I want to leave flying. I have had enough of it now. Being home has made me realise how much I want to be home. So, of redundancy is being offered I would definitely take it. There is still nothing concrete yet. These are just proposals at the moment. So I will just do what I always do, take things one day at a time and wait to see what negotiations amount to but honestly, I never ever want to put that uniform on again. I'll keep you posted.

My mum Has been contacted by the hospital and has a scan booked for this Saturday!! . I am anxious and nervous but at least we will know what we are dealing with. Thank God I am sober today and can be a support to her 🙏

it's funny, when I did my fear inventory these were 2 of my biggest fears on my list. Losing my job and something happening to my mum. One day at a time and as long as I dont pick up a drink I have a chance to be able to deal with both situations with dignity and grace.

On a brighter note we have adopted a guinea pig. She was my friends and is about the same age as my 2 babies so about 4/5 months. I fell in love with her the moment I met her she is adorable and my friend is struggling with her 6 piggies.Their cage is quite messy and dirty and I have noticed that they dont often get veggies and even sometimes their hay has not been replenished. I do bring it up with her but it's difficult as i dont want to sound like I am telling her what to do. But I am glad I have rescued one! I have her in a separate cage at the moment. My 2 big ones are very dominant so I have got to get them used to her before i can let them all live together. I just hope that will be possible as I already love her so much!.

Anyway I will write more tomorrow as I am so tired.

Love xxx