Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 14

Old 04-06-2020, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of April 2018 Part 14

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-13-a-20.html (Class of April 2018 Part 13)

D
Old 04-06-2020, 03:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee.

Goodnight Aprils xxx
Old 04-06-2020, 10:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks for the new thread dee x

just a quick morning hello x hope u are all ok xx
Old 04-06-2020, 11:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good morning lovelies.

Hi Erratic, you're up and about before your breakfast this morning. I hope you're okay. Did you get that cabinet thingy for your rocks??

Thinking about you Suze xxx

I'll check in again later. xx

Lots of love. Keep safe. xx
Old 04-07-2020, 02:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.

Thank you Red for posting that pic of Nichole's resting place. It is so beautiful. I pray her family are doing ok.

Yesterday was tough for me, I had really strong drinking thoughts, the strongest I have had in a long time but I pulled out every tool I had . There was absolutely no way I was gonna pick up!!! I picked Seren up from her dad's and we stopped at the shop and got loads of goodies to eat!! Am so glad to have her back with me! I feel complete again now 🥰 my mum is doing well, she feels great in herself and all her observations are good. She had a full body scan yesterday so she will get the results today. At least then we know what we are dealing with. I had a lovely chat with her last night on facetime. Other than that I have been keeping busy doing stuff around my home that never gets done. Proper spring cleaning! It feels good. I am in a much better place than before. Thank you guys for all your support.

I am keeping your daughter in my prayers Erratic. I am sorry you are still struggling with alcohol. It really is rhe worst. My friend in AA has just relpased again for about the 5th or 6th time. Luckily she has made it back again but it took her out for a week. Can you commit to not drinking today?

How is your son doing Daisy?

Glad you are doing well Dee

Got to go got a busy day ahead (not!) Haha. What strange times these are !! I like being at home though so I am quite enjoying it 🥰🥰 me me me lol.

Catch you all later xx
Old 04-07-2020, 07:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon x

glad u got serene back snitch, now u can have some fun time with her and ur piggies x sry ur feeling so bad but as u said u havent picked up and you are an inspiration to us also x

daisy, the cabinet got cancelled he took it off for sale, never mind maybe have to work on being sober and save some money for ones that are more expensive x boss told me not to come back to work until next thurs, ohwell, i still get breathless sometimes, but least the cold comes and goes x

snitch also glad ur mum is doing better x
viper was good to see u post aswell on last thread x

daughter isnt to bad still sore but she is bit more positive these past couple of days and is trying to get in some work at home. she just told me its only 6 weeks and she is on maternity time lol not long till gson 2nd bday x

forgot also snitch its not long until ur 2 years isnt it? xxx

catch u all later, oh and daisy yeah was up early this morn, even took dog for bit more of a walk this morn and went and got shopping by 8am this morn x

xxx
Old 04-07-2020, 08:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, I'm doing a 'stupid o clock' check in because I can't sleep. I went to bed about 10.30 because I was beyond tired and now I'm wide awake. Instead of lying there with my mind working overtime, worrying about things that I can't do anything about anyway, I thought I may as well get up, make myself a cup of tea and peruse here. So that's what I'm doing.

You're doing really well in your fight against the A.V Suze, I think we all need to be extra vigilant at the moment with all that's going on in the world, it's very surreal and unsettling. I'm so glad that your mum is doing well, it all sounds very positive. I've got fingers and everything crossed that her results are good. Thank goodness for Face time, normally I hate it using it but in these circumstances when there are no hospital visits etc, it's good thing. I've been using it to chat to my other 2 g.children.
I've been catching up on loads of jobs too, for months I've been feeling really overwhelmed with all the running about I do, having no time for anything, including myself and wishing I could just have a month out to get on top of my housework and the garden. Well now I've got it, I've spent the last 2 days in the garden being very productive. My friend Ann from another thread would call it a 'strangely wrapped gift.'

What a shame about the cabinet Erratic, it was lovely, maybe he was worried about catching/spreading the virus though which is understandable. Something else will turn up.
Your boss is right to tell you to stay off until Thursday, you have to sure that you're 100% well before you go back to work.
I'm glad to hear that your daughter is a bit brighter, fingers crossed she stays that way now, she's been through the mill.
Gosh, 2, are you sure?? How can that be? He was only born last week, that's how it feels anyway.

I'll be back later

Love always xxx
Old 04-07-2020, 08:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry about the cabinet erratic - maybe he'll list it again when things are more normal.

Hope you can get some sleep DB

Hope things are well Snitch and Vipe

D
Old 04-08-2020, 12:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning xx

daisy yup thats an eary wake up hun x good that ur not running about just now, its good to just go in garden and just get those jobs done which u couldnt do before x watch urself though,i remember when i used to get up like that when i was full head on with my BPD, my brain use to go into overdrive and i would script my day with what i would say and do if had any worrying things on my mind, hard to explain what i was like then x so its good that u have slowed down a little x

on the cabinet i think he took it down as he prob got a good offer as really the bids that was being placed was not alot and from what i was looking through in other cabinets like that, they are really expensive x

snitch i never answered your question the other day, and i will answer it now, from today i am going to retry and pledge i wont drink today x i will also come here daily and pledge that i wont drink and see how i get on. hope u are ok snitch xx

yeah daisy where has the 2 yrs gone? i mean 2 years old on the 1st may x also brings me back i should of been 2 yrs sober like u all as i said i would try and do it for daughter and gson, but hey all best intentions as usual with me.. However this time as i said above is that i am going to start from today and pledge to being sober one day at a time and get back those 0 days and when i get back to having my alcohol appointments with councillor is i can say i have done it!!

anyway u saying tea, i think i will go and get a cuppa for myself x

hugs and luv to u all xx
Old 04-08-2020, 12:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

so here goes i pledge that i wont pick up today x
Old 04-08-2020, 12:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

snitch hope i dont upset u in doing this pledge as u have motivated me in doing this x also i have wrote the pledge in the april class of this year aswell, i have also said that if i am struggling is that if i cant explain or write as u all know sometimes i cant find the right words is i will at least say one word or something to say i am struggling. xx
Old 04-08-2020, 12:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,

Daisy I feel the same as you, I always felt like I was chasing my tail and having these 2 months off work and not being allowed to go out I am like ahhhhh I can just catch up with myself. I have been cleaning my windows and blinds. It's a horrid job but so satisfying when done. I am halfway through the living room ones so will finish today and I have to get the garden sorted out.

Erratic, good for you! It is the only way for people like us. It is hard but I dont think it is harder than how I was living when drinking. We are all here to support you!

We pur the guinea's out in the garden yesterday. I think they liked it lol . They were munching on the grass and dandelion leaves and then they stretched out in the sun. I would love to get a proper run for them.!

My mum is doing well and should be coming home soon, hopefully tomorrow fingers crossed. However once home theybare going to arrange a mammogram and biopsy for her as they still believe it is breast cancer..I am praying that they are wrong but if it is we will pull together as a family to help mum fight it and I am so grateful I am sober today as I would be useless if I was drinking not to mention that today I am not a cause of worry for my mum which is amazing. I will never ever pick up a drink or drug again, one day at a time, no matter what. I am done with it.

Have a lovely day everyone. I am going to finish my blinds and tackle the garden and drag Seren off of her tablet to help me hahahaha. Wish me luck with that !!

Xxx
Old 04-08-2020, 03:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils and it's a beautiful sunny one too. I'll be out in the garden again today, going to cut the front lawn and there's loads of fence panels to paint.
Other than that all is good, I'm well and my family are well. I'm worried about my daughter as she works in the hospital and her partner is an ambulance driver, but they are doing everything within their power to stay safe.

I managed a couple more hours Dee, thanks.

I do that too Erratic, I have whole conversations in my head, what I'm going to say, what they'll say back, what I'll say if they say this, that or the other. It's far better for me to just get up, make a brew and come on here.
Good on you for making that pledge today, I'll hold you to it. It doesn't matter that you won't get 2 years this May, what matters is what you're doing now, today, that's what counts. Remember, it's just for today.

Morning Suze, your piggies must have thought they were in paradise stretched out on the lawn in the sunshine. It sounds like bliss.
I bet your mum can't wait to be home, fingers crossed it all goes to plan. I hope and pray that they are wrong about her cancer. You staying sober will be a big plus for her, it's something that she won't need to worry about. Make sure you take good care of yourself.

I read this morning that cat lovers have been advised to keep their cats in during this Panademic, oh my, my cat is not going to be happy about that.

Back later

Love to you all.

Stay safe and don't forget to wash your hands. xxx
Old 04-08-2020, 03:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Just checking in to say goodnight.

Stay safe and take good care of yourselves.

Love always xx
Old 04-08-2020, 05:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Erratic, keep pledging every day and keep trying no matter what. I’ve got to agree with Snitch, once you are over the hump everything is easier and better than where you’re at now. I know because I joined SR in 2014 and was a chronic relapser.. on and off drinker for years there. It was miserable. I really see how miserable it was now that I’m out of it. And we *are* all here for you. 💜

hi all. I’m hanging in. Running around accomplishing a little

V

Old 04-08-2020, 05:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you Vipe

D
Old 04-08-2020, 11:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all x

thanks viper it means alot, i am going to do this daily x glad ur hanging in there hun xx

thanks daisy and snitch again x

i did stick to my pledge yesterday x

so i pledge i will not pick up a drink today day 2 x

away to have my cup of tea x hope u are all ok x
Old 04-09-2020, 01:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good morning all

Good to see you Viper and I'm glad that hanging in there, come tell us more when you have time. Take care. x

Morning Erratic, I'm holding you to day 2, with you all the way. I've just sat down with a cup of tea myself, good strong Yorkshire tea, it's the best.

Have a good evening Dee and stay safe.

All quiet here but it's another gorgeous sunny day so I'll do a bit more in the garden, we've got the delight ( not) of painting the fence panels.

Back later, stay safe.

xxxxx
Old 04-09-2020, 07:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon i thought i would repeat what i wrote in the 2020 april class x

went back to bed this morning and woke up with cold sweats and had crap dream and one was a drinking dream which ffs i am only on day 2, so i just had a little vent and then i put tv on lol and thought maybe lighten the mood but not sure if it will go down well is that i said, watch out ukers is that on bbc2 is the film whiskey gilore! i mean lol what they doing we are in lockdown and no they wouldnt normaly put that on, but then i guess i am being parnoid lol it be like the 5g conspiracy, nvm just had a call from alcohol councillor lol weird timing eh.. he is just checking up on me, and giving me the warning about alcohol and covid 19 and if i conitnue get breathless is to get advice. so hey ho better go read up on what he is asking me to read.

take care all x
Old 04-09-2020, 04:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Ha ha Erratic, that made me laugh, I wouldn't worry about it, it's the sort of thing that I would say unintentionally. It's good that your alcohol councillor is checking up on you, good timing too lol. Please take care.

Thinking about you Suze, I hope all is okay. xx

Good night Aprils, it's gone midnight and I should be in bed.

Stay safe. xx