Notices

One Year & Over Part 55

Old 11-08-2017, 07:48 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Magsie

Suze, big hugs and please take care. Get rid of Mr Bronchitis and don’t try to do too much when you’re not so well. Sending love for a speedy recovery.

Babs, best wishes for your MIL.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:41 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

'Them as do most, make most mistakes.'

Thinking of burns and skin. Has anyone seen the news reports about a boy in Germany, he has a genetic condition which means the layers of his skin separate. The Doctors took some of his skin repaired the genetics, grew more skin and then grafted it on to him. One happy boy! Wow.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:00 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Tree- my new skin is a biopolymer hybrid. Looks like turkey skin.

Well folks, Itch mentioned recently it would be interesting to see how my little miasma of meetings and stuff panned out.
Today - had an assessment, then a GP consult, then a physion brief meet- to look at long term care of burns- with exercise/flexibility etc. I have access to free gym supervised sessions - and art inh the same time as one of the meetings Irun- which have been giving me back nothing. Except exhaustion and people unloading their issues on me- because I am there. So that meeting goes. Doing intense meetings was necessary, but not now- my health and art are more important than overkill meetings. I will still run one- but not 2. I am not meant to run 2, and have asked a few people to take one of the meetings over- but they just do not want to. So it will be3 up to the group now. I ended up doing it through default- so that is just the way of the world.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:08 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I feel you needed to reassess you priorities for your sake Peej. I also understand where you were coming from for doing the two groups to start with.

FBL dittoing everyone here. I made mistakes in my online books that I have seen going back, and that was after proofreading and editing several times. I can go back & change them but haven't had chance yet.
Can you put something on the inside fly to explain the error? Don't take it hard. You do an amazing job and the figures you work with aren't the kind Sage can correct for you!

Hugs to all
Old 11-09-2017, 02:28 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

FBL, I hate making mistakes but in working in the computer field, one of the things I had to learn was that in any system where there is human intervention, those are the spots where errors creep in! It used to drive me to distraction when I had a typo in a post. Yes, it is frustrating, perhaps even more so when we are especially careful. In the grand cosmic scheme of things, any mistake that doesn’t cause fatalities is ok.

Hi SG

Hi Gilmer!

Suze and Mags, feel better soon

PJ, I suspect we’re all members of the Wally club Good for you for taking care of yourself. It can be way too easy to stick with something that doesn’t work for us anymore out of a sense of duty.

Babs, sorry to hear your MIL isn’t doing well. I’m glad you can be there for her.

Andy, that’s amazing!

Toots,

Have a good Thursday to all.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:51 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

the beard stays
Old 11-09-2017, 03:47 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks again, everyone. I remember what my Grandma used to say, "No lives lost." Considering the thousands of things I do catch, it still sucks when something slips thru the cracks. I'll never achieve total perfection, but I'll still strive for it.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Good morning (or evening(, everyone!
Old 11-09-2017, 06:28 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

FBL I so know your pain, it is the worst when you miss a mistake that goes to print (well not the worst but you know what I mean). Argh, there's nothing you can do about it, just accept your flawed human state and move on! The world will go on regardless, believe it or not!
And so will your boss.
It's my Friday as it is Remembrance Day on Saturday. I'm taking a weekend trip over the border to Seattle with my dad's wife, we're staying at a fancy hotel and spending the weekend eating and shopping and seeing a concert. Fun!
PJ glad you're making some choices for yourself.
Suze! Take a day off love, be somewhere nice and cozy and just.......relax and heal a bit it sounds like you need it.
Everyone! Be gentle with yourselves.
I learned a new skill in my DBT training: opposite emotions. I'm trying to apply it and it seems like a good thing. It's so interesting that my very deepest habits of thoughts and actions can be changed. Whoever thought? It's like a miracle, or something. Instead of just reacting I have space to think about my reactions. How novel!
I watched a Doris Day movie last night and really enjoyed it. She was so "fluffy" but she was so talented!
Old 11-09-2017, 09:29 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Tree- my new skin is a biopolymer hybrid. Looks like turkey skin.

Well folks, Itch mentioned recently it would be interesting to see how my little miasma of meetings and stuff panned out.
Today - had an assessment, then a GP consult, then a physion brief meet- to look at long term care of burns- with exercise/flexibility etc. I have access to free gym supervised sessions - and art inh the same time as one of the meetings Irun- which have been giving me back nothing. Except exhaustion and people unloading their issues on me- because I am there. So that meeting goes. Doing intense meetings was necessary, but not now- my health and art are more important than overkill meetings. I will still run one- but not 2. I am not meant to run 2, and have asked a few people to take one of the meetings over- but they just do not want to. So it will be3 up to the group now. I ended up doing it through default- so that is just the way of the world.
Really glad you made that decision for yourself PJ.

As Kris reminded me yesterday ~ we carry the message, not the alcoholic. And putting our own recovery first is paramount....spending more time on your health and art sounds perfect to me.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
the beard stays
Good
Old 11-09-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Magsie

Have a great trip, inpar! I loved Doris Days’s song ‘Que Sera Sera’ brill.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Suze. Hope you’re feeling better.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:34 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Ooooo InPar, that sounds fascinating.....must look up DBT Training.
It sounds a little like Ellis' Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy (which I use).

And thank you. I will get my coffee and go and sit in the sun in the lovely little outdoor cafe I made outside the front of the house.

Ahhhhhh FBL....I gave up striving for perfection. It doesn't exist love. It is a fallacy, an illusion.

Love to all of you very special people.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:36 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Hi Suze. Hope you’re feeling better.
Honestly, I wasn't feeling bad....I'm just somewhat banged up. And itchy. As long as my burn doesn't get infected I will keep smiling.

But thank you love.

How are you today? How is Mr M? How are you coping without Merlin love....I know how hard it is.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:54 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Magsie

Oops, sorry Suze , I do get confused sometimes, lol. Hubby's not too bad, thanks, waiting for any results, the longer the better I guess. He’s finding it difficult to concentrate at work.
I’ve accepted Merlin has gone, bless him. Obviously we still feel him round us, but I think that’s natural? I miss him but that’s life. I keep going to his grave in the garden. I’m going to get a plant for him, when I get myself out and about, back into society. If I sound flippant, I’m not, I’m just a bit sad about it all.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:02 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

(((Mags))) ♥

Oh love, I'm sure I made things confusing....it wasn't you at all.

And of course you don't sound flippant....you have to keep it together, I get that. And you know how life works my friend....after you heal a bit, another needy fluff will walk into your life.

And I can imagine that Mr M is finding it distracting waiting, gosh, I know that feeling. Please send him our love.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:09 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Suze ❤️
Old 11-09-2017, 10:55 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Suze- have you ever thought of wearing a fake beard- as a stress release?
Old 11-09-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

You know....that could work.
What do you think?