Notices

One Year & Over Part 55

Old 11-07-2017, 09:18 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Oh, may I please come Mags? I so miss the beach.
I'm sure Nick won't mind...wait....oh, I could be wrong about that.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:17 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Magsie

Suze, yeah course, bring Nick too! There’s 2 double bedrooms. Lol.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:21 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Enjoy the break Mags, I too love the sea. We are fortunate at both our houses to overlook water, in Scotland our views of the Tay reach as far as the North Sea, and here in Spain ( and yes I do sometimes wake up wondering what country I'm in!) we can see the Med from our bedroom window.

Congratulations Sass!

Thank you Gilmer, that was very sweet of you to say.

Itchy, so Microsoft are now a bug exterminator too??

Tom, we ramble so in our senility here, no topic is 'off topic' as we rarely stay 'on topic'!! And sobriety is always something to smile about!!

Andy, I have a lightweight hand sander that I am taking back to the uk in hand luggage ( I don't have a case) I am hoping they don't try to confiscate it... Yeah right ' I have a sander, people, and I'm not afraid to use it' !
Everytime I come to Spain the digital eyes scanner thingy always tells me I need to speak to a security guard, but opens the gate for me anyway. Yeah like I'm going to hang around half an hour to be told I am who I think I am! I always just walk off waiting for a hand on my shoulder! Has t happened yet!

Well, last few things to sort before I leave for the airport so hasta luega folks x
Old 11-07-2017, 11:38 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Tomls being sober never gets old No bad head, no smelling like a chemical spill, no messed up eye sight and no empty wallet. Instead you get to be part of your families lives, win win.

Have a fantastic day.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:35 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Tom, happy you are enjoying the state of living sober so much! I still wake up every day loving it

Gosh, can I remember what day it is? Oh, that’s right, it’s camel day ;-). Have a good one.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:26 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Feeling pretty distraught this morning. The boss uncovered a pretty big mistake in the most recent book. It's something I should've caught, but didn't. He kind of blindsided me with it yesterday and we didn't have time to discuss it as they were busy tending to Fran. It's a key number that was changed for a previous book we did in March. I went back and changed all of the numbers back to what they should be, but must've forgot the most important one! I didn't sleep very well last night and am still kicking myself for missing it, it's just something I should've caught. Now, of course, the book is printed and it will be that way forever. I can fix it if we do an e-book version, so at least there's that. Maybe I'm just not cut out for this job anymore. I just want to crawl under a rock and hide. At least I didn't even think about getting drunk. Big deal.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:16 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

Pobodys Nerfect FBL.

I missed a few things in my proofreading days too.

I'm sure there's not many other peeps around who have your depth and breadth of knowledge and your pride in your work

D
Old 11-08-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

You are definitely cut out for it!

Even though you’re mad at yourself and your confidence is shaken, this mistake has rendered you even more cut out for the work: You have as of now redoubled your vigilance!

It’s too bad that you guys don’t have anybody else with your breadth of knowledge on staff to proofread.

Frankly, with the scope of the work you do, I’m surprised that there aren’t more errors!

I’m sure your boss couldn’t in a million years imagine anyone more impeccably qualified than you.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Because of my upbringing, I have the ability to break into a Philadelphia accent at any time with a particular Eastern European coarseness.
Is there a problem with a Philly accent Gilmer, lol!

FBL, don't beat yourself up. No one is perfect. Weren't you the one to catch numbers your boss had fudged? If we were all perfect, there would not be a need for SR!

Enjoy the day all!
Old 11-08-2017, 07:34 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Philadelphia is so much fun! There is no high greater than being a Philadelphia sports fan!

It’s like unleashing a verbal baseball bat!

When I first moved down to DC, the local team had bombed after a previous winning season. I said to my friend, “Too bad they choked.”

His calm response: “I guess they’re rebuilding. They’ll be better next year.”

HUH???

He may as well have been speaking Chinese!
Old 11-08-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Pobodys Nerfect FBL.

I missed a few things in my proofreading days too.

I'm sure there's not many other peeps around who have your depth and breadth of knowledge and your pride in your work

D
Beautiful post....just yes.

I am a proofreader and editor as well, and boy do I know that feeling!
...this is what our program tools are for love.

If we expect perfection from ourselves, we set ourselves up for failure. Yet we still do it.....why are we not allowed to make mistakes? What would you say to one of us if this happened?

Human love. Doing your best at all times.....you are a major inspiration to all of your friends here and I'm sure everyone who knows you.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:41 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Magsie

Fbl, please don’t be hard on yourself! It’s a mistake, we all do them. Not making light of it . Just saying.

Works doc says I can go back to work on Monday, so I’ve a few more off to recuperate. Then I’m just half days for a week.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hope it's a nice few days for you Mags.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:49 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks, everyone. Feeling a bit better about it now. At least the boss hasn't fired me...yet! None of our customers have mentioned it to us yet, so maybe it's not as big a deal as I think. I don't throw myself a pity party too often, but when I do, it's a good'un.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:50 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Suze!

I know I was wavy but I’m waffier than that! It’s not next weekend we go away, it’s the weekend from the 24th. I thought that was next week! Where’s my brain.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:56 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Oh, my pity parties are so good...and I keep adding more guests....this particular party started with bronchitis which did not get better. I got very run down which led to an allergy flare-up so I am now covered in hives and eczema, then I broke a mason jar in the bathroom and managed to cut myself nicely on the glass...and then the night before last I burned myself badly on a light globe because I am an idiot and didn't realise the side was going to be burning hot. So now I have a second-degree burn and a blister the size of an acorn ().

Good hey?
Old 11-08-2017, 12:21 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

One mistake doth not the FBL break

Suze- crap about the health stuff. Burns hurt. You are a wally touching hot glass.
Luckily for you there is plenty of room here in the 'Wally club' house. Just a thought..I sometimes get little skin flare ups (on my hybrid skin) from being run down- which is usually when I am, stressed. So...Dr J. advises you to remember to slow down, rest , eat and hydrate.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:42 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

And as always Dr J is right. Advice heeded.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:16 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

yes Dr. J is right on ! !
Love being sober ---My MIL is not doing well, and I need to be here for
my husbands family--and I'm going to be sober and accountable and thanks to
all of you. I'm still sober.
Have a great rest of the day or eve.
Babs
Old 11-08-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I’m sorry about your MIL, Babs.