Notices

One Year & Over Part 55

Old 11-11-2017, 02:07 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Itchy, yes, I also hate to sit and watch paint dry

Yesterday I noticed that I don’t get irritated anymore when someone asks me over and over if I want a drink or a glass of wine. For quite awhile that drove me a bit batty. I no longer bother to say that I don’t drink unless someone asks and basically avoid those very few who badger me about it. My response now is simply “No thanks”. It’s enough.

Have a good weekend, Overs!
Old 11-11-2017, 02:23 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Administrator

No Spring to speak of here Itch - straight to summer - been that way for the last few years...

D
Old 11-11-2017, 03:30 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's a balmy 30F here this morning. Love the cooler weather this time of year. The sub-zero weather will be here soon enough.

Have a great weekend, overs!
Old 11-11-2017, 04:12 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

It appears it is common for Mums to not like beards on their boys.

Have a good afternoon.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:15 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Sassy- you are growing in awareness. I see many people who- when uncomfortable with saying no to not drinking, get defensive and feel obliged to offer reasons. That only invites people to ask 'why?' A repeated 'no thanks' leaves others with no where to go. I find that with my burns. As I have to wear a protective sleeve and sometimes a glove (for swelling) people inadvertently ask questions. I have it down to a 90 second reason (booze,blackout, ciggie- burns) if they warrant it, if not I simply say I do not like to talk about it.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:56 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Well, definite signs of early Winter in my neck of the woods this week - I had to properly scrape the ice off the car windows on Tuesday

Having a lovely Saturday - Xmas presents that I bought family members arrived by post today (yes, even I am amazed at being relatively organised this year) as well as a little present for myself that I bought (seems this is the best way to ensure I get what I would like lol!). I have done the grocery shopping and washed clothes & towels etc and am now chillaxing the afternoon away
Old 11-11-2017, 08:34 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

I like my sons’ beards!
Old 11-11-2017, 11:24 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

I do like beards too. But, I like them groomed nice. I also don't mind being asked if I would like a drink. I just hate it when they won't settle for just plain water or if I have to go further why I don't want a beer or etc. But, I have grown up a little and it's ok. They will eventually catch on.
Babs
Old 11-11-2017, 12:01 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers for both my grandmother & baby's health. Outside of this list & family, & close friends, few people know that we are pregnant still, so it means a lot to me.

Good news on Grandmother w/ heart failure - she stabilized and will be headed home on her new normal of oxygen. My mom will be temporarily moving in with her once she heads home, which will be in the next 2 weeks. She is pain free and in good spirits about adjusting to her new lifestyle.

Baby's news is mixed: Baby is doing great, but hole has not healed within 2 weeks & it is unlikely to heal for the duration of pregnancy (18 more weeks to go). It is very rare for this to happen - either you start to loose all your water & go into labor, or the leak reseals.

I have a long way to go until baby is viable w/o major issues, but there is not much to be done except continue bed rest. In the meantime I'm focusing on the fact that we are in the rare position of having a completely unaffected, normal baby in this circumstance b/c I have not yet lost full fluid. It could be much worse.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Apologies to dash with just a quick update as I have someone arriving shortly to bring me some food

(((((Hugs))))))
Old 11-11-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Take care of yourself SE---praying for you and your family.
Babs
Old 11-11-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Prayers Serene. My only true advice- is listen to the doc's advice.

Went out to the theatre the other night- ended up in a bistro/pub thing be-c my little sister (that is what I call her- another in the recovery program, but still drinks, allowed to as program nearly at an end!!??). There were only 3 young hipster guys there- they owned the place. Each had a bushranger beard- carefully sculpted to the last follicle. Not short affair mind. I think they are silly. A beardicure is about $40.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:28 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Hello to all of you

Hi Gang, trusting that this finds you all well and happy. Tomorrow is my baby girl's 34th birthday. She is the mother of two of my three grandsons that bring us all so much pleasure. Tomorrow also marks the day 4 years ago thatI last had a drink. So I am pretty darn close to 4 years sober. I am grateful to my family, my close friends and you fine folks.
I don't visit SR very often as you know, but that doesn't mean that I don't think of you and your own journey and recovery.
My life is full. I retired in May this year. I try to have a project or an activity every day. Some days my project is getting the garbage can to the curb in the AM and bringing it in later in the day. The garbage truck driver is patient with me when I stand at the curb to watch him lift up the bin. He knows I am retired. Ha.
I don't think about drinking very often, but when I do, I work my standard response. And that is to call up a memory of drunk times in the past. The time and dollars wasted, the effect on my health, the things said that can never be taken back, the disappointed from my kids that I didn't show up to something they were expecting me to be at. Then I ask myself if I would like to repeat those times. The answer for that last 4 years thankfully has been NO.
Anyway enough of my preaching. All is good with me and I hope very much it is with you as well.
Peace to you all. I will make the effort to visit more often. I promise.
Rick
Old 11-11-2017, 06:36 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Congratulations on 4 years Rickh54.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:29 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

thanks, Rick
Old 11-12-2017, 12:31 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sassy,
Good for you! Me 2.

Dee,
The weather here has been off for several years as well. Weather Page 7 Day Forecast - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports
It's short sleeve days all week!

PJ,
Boy! I bet that gets old.

FG,
Wow you are ready early!

Gil,
Moms the world over choose control or unconditional love, except for the one who never realize there is a decision to be made.

SE,
Glad your mom's OK. And baby too thus far. We're here

Rick!
Good to see ya and know all is well in Ricksville.

I caught a sale on .22 ammo and called up my hunting friend to see if he wanted me to pick some up for him. He did and invited us over for BBQ Boar with all the fixins.

Night all, rack time.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:01 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

BBQ boar, save some for me!

FG went into the Glens yesterday and got snowed on!

Rick happy fourth soberversary mate, good to hear things going so well for you.

Serene, sounds like you are being positive about the need for bed rest, I'm sure you can find positive ways to use the time.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:39 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Congratulations Rick

Best wishes SE

Have a good Sunday everyone.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:14 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

SE, sending (((hugs))) and positive thoughts for you and baby! Good that you are staying positive - it can only help.

Rick, congrats on 4 years! You sound good. Retirement is very different from working years in so many ways.

Andy, I like beards but not on someone I’m kissing

Have a good day to all!
Old 11-12-2017, 04:49 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sending thoughts and prayers your way, Serene.

Congrats, Rick! Thanks for checking in.

A little rain/snow mix here this morning. May cancel out my Sunday morning walk.

Called Mom yesterday to let her know I'm coming home to see her for Turkey Day. We're both pretty excited.

Have a Super Sunday, overs!
Old 11-12-2017, 09:52 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Babs1234 View Post
Take care of yourself SE---praying for you and your family.
Babs
Me too love....I somehow missed your post here, but I had a dream about you and your baby....I woke up talking about you yesterday.

Praying for yours and bubs continued good health (rest rest rest) and praying that your grandma continues to improve.

So much love.