Notices

One Year & Over Part 55

Old 11-09-2017, 12:51 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mags,
I had no idea what getting stuck in and being a grafter was. I looked tyhem up in the urban dictionary and found exactly what the heck you were saying because I was reasonably sure it would be good in some way, and it was! Thanks, he is too.
Here's to clearing those cobwebs growing between you and your significant harassment.

Toots,
Microsoft gives great tech support to get the bugs out they caused with a bad monthly update last month. I know you know but for the others who might not, the original use of getting the bug/s out was when computers had mechanical relays and a moth got stuck in one impeding operations: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debugging
I agree Toots, I've also been me all my life too, why do border folks always question that? I am sure if they did detain you, you could have smoothed the way out armed and proving your real name is Sandy. Hasta luego too, to the two of you.

Dee et al well said! FBL I agree. But I hope it wasn't on the cover, like: "Top Pop Hits 1855-20017" You didn't make a programming error on a nuclear ICBM! <wink.>

PJ,
I am a charter member of the wally club!

Suze,
Sorry about all the rough patches (pun int.) Seriously though, being sober doesn't make us accident free or level headed all the time. All it does is let us laugh with, not at, ourselves, and go about fixing it or letting it go.

Babs,
I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. My MIL and FIL needed all the help they could get as each passed on in 2015 and 2016. Good for you doing your part. For my wife, nothing I could do or say would have helped her with her grief. But her grief was short lived because she did all that could be done, and took over for when he couldn't do the bills and handle his accounts. She couldn't beat herself up after the fact for not spending time with her parents before they had to go. And they knew she was right there until their last breath. I can only hope my sons do us as proud as she did, when it is our turn. That is why we changed our minds about moving to another country. My responsible son asked that we grow old nearer to them than now. They are in Denver
"I'm going to be sober and accountable and thanks to
all of you. I'm still sober." No way I am taking that kind of accountability away from you. We help and are friends you chose to find, a support group of which you sought out and found and became a contributing member. You are sober because you wanted it badly enough, and so am I. Now we get to enjoy interacting with others who from our drinking days looked liked Gods! I am proud for YOU!

PJ,
I'm glad you are learning to say no to codependent others. When I retired from my senior position in the military I found my absence was like pulling my finger out of a bucket of water. After a brief ripple no sign I'd ever been. With poop heads I remind myself that personality crystallizes around age 27, and nothing short of a significant emotional event like yours can cause a change in it. Our self aware sober friends share the knowledge that we got to start the painting of our lives all over. Some just stand there, some begin to design and live the life of their dreams, others already had it and learned to love it and the others who made it so.

Sassy,
Well said. From one who just spent a full eight hour day with Microsoft remotely repairing the damage from a bad patch they put out, (thus no charge) even the best of the best can overlook a bad syntax or and/or in basic coding. I don't like to go deep into services and debugging any more. It used to be a challenge to overcome, but now just a PITA.

Hey Star! Gil!

IP,
Tomorrow here is Veteran's Day.

Good for you Suze! As for the female with a beard, no! I have, since Sinead O'Connor came out with her shaved head, become a fan of that look, when the woman is a fluff otherwise.

I think I sold my new RV as I don't think I'd use it. There is a guy using the little fiberglass egg trailers as a B&B in San Antonio, with a different theme to each landscape and settings. I'll know by the next week. Sunny, cool but still T-Shirt/short sleeve weather here. Gotta go do some "rat killing."
Old 11-09-2017, 01:52 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Hi, Itch!
Old 11-09-2017, 04:21 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Hi everyone!

I hope you have fun in Seattle Inpar!
Old 11-09-2017, 07:56 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Oops! A retraction/correction. Veteran's Day is Saturday, not Friday as I posted.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:59 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Itchy, sorry about the grafter and getting stuck in words, I thought they’d be words used over the pond too. Well I didn’t think actually, just assumed, I know! I should never assume.lol. What would you say, your son is a hard worker and doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty?

Suze, love the beard, I’ve been trying to grow mine for years!

Have a good day overs, and as Arnie says, ‘I’ll be back’.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:19 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Morning Mags!

I get a Poet’s Day today. Of course I’m starting work at 3:00am.

Have a great day all!
Old 11-09-2017, 10:47 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Star, that is seriously early to start work! Have a good day!
Old 11-09-2017, 11:53 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Armistice day here tomorrow (Sat). I remember last year- I was in communal living,and did some art to remember my Grandpa who was a stretcher bearer at the Somme. Also my other grandpa who died of complications post war from mustard gas poisoning.

Itch- yes, thanks. My thought when I did my handover at the meeting today- was taking a fist full of water out of a bucket and seeing what effect it has. Some other 'oldies' called a post meeting- meeting to work out a replacement. All there said thanks for my efforts under very trying times. The last sec. just stopped coming- after manipulating innocent, trusting me into 'acting secretary/treasurer' so she could continue to syphon off money for booze. I still keep one meeting and gave up one.
In stead- I will go to art workshops offered by the rec. program , then supervised gym work- to get fit, not just 'get by'. Important to restrict the effects of contractions in my arm.
I will never bye another Arnold S, (T2) but it will reduce fatigue.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:02 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

I first grew my beard in '91 (First of January, I was too hung over to realise the shaving water was near boiling and scalded my face. Duh.) Ten years later it had to go because my daughter thought it was one of her fluffy toys and grabbed it at any chance, imagine baby food, chocolatey fingers, ugh! When no one wanted to put their dinner in it any more I grew it again. After watching a TV adaption of a Dickens story I decided to see how long I could grow my moustaches, (helps with the Overs greeting).

Have a good day everyone.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:26 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I just love the moustacheoed mens clubs where you grow long and bizarre moustaches and wax them to within an in of their lives. Our optometrist has a wonderful curly up one and he is only young. Or is your more a zappatta like Yosemite Sam? I love that character!!

Sass, I'm with you on spelling errors in posts, I hate my iPad chooses its own interpretation of my words. ( maybe it's a frustrated poet)

Mags I planted Rosemary for remembrance on my Spud when I had to let him go. Every time I cut some for a recipe, I thought of him. Had to leave it when we moved, but I'm sure it still thrives.

Peej, beards always have a use. keep it with confidence!

Itchy, Sandy made it through customs without a second glance. I thing it was the fake beard.

Hugs everyone have a fruitful Friday and a wonderful weekend.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:53 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Magsie

I love beards on men. Hubby has one, he saw how long he could grow it last year and by Christmas he looked like Santa as he is white grey (blames being married to me!). It does look becoming though..

Toots, that’s a nice plant, Rosemary. I’ll have to think of something.

We have a stray cat who comes round, he’s well fed by a few of us, been coming round for quite a while now. Anyways, I put some cat food on the step for him and he sniffed it, turned and gave me the most filthiest of looks (wish I’d had my camera!) and walked off. It was probably cos I’d given him some left over chicken yesterday and was hoping for the same!
Old 11-10-2017, 02:23 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Ah yes, Mags - funny how our four-footed friends let us know when they don’t like their food!

Itchy, I have happily given up doing the deep computer problem solving. Not sure my brain is up to it anymore and I just get cranky so now I just leave it to the “experts” to do the really complex stuff. I seem to have morphed into a new stage of living. I don’t get so stressed out and for the occasional upsets, I just spend more time in my apartment with Sassy kitty. Then life straightens out all by itself :-).

Have a happy POETS Day!
Old 11-10-2017, 03:32 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Oops! A retraction/correction. Veteran's Day is Saturday, not Friday as I posted.
So, I'm not the only one who makes mistakes, eh?

Brrrrrrr! Only 14F here this morning. Had to break out the winter coat.

Every time I've tried growing facial hair, I just can't get past the "itchy" stage. Besides, I've got enough hair on the rest of me (except my head, of course). Plus, my Mom wouldn't approve.

Have a Fantastic Friday, overs!
Old 11-10-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Hi everyone !
Just popped in to say hello----
Babs
Old 11-10-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hi Babs!

Old 11-10-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Moustacheos? Zounds! Gadzooks! I was at the opening of a small inner city art project I contributed to and this very thin, fit older gentleman with a huge -HUGE handlebar- wax twirled moustacheos was there. He had a male partner with him . It was apparent to me they were gay. They wanted a photo op. He stood next to me- and noticed my name on the paper sticky label and said 'well John, I am taking my label off so no one will recognise me'. I looked at his hairy face and said that no one would possibly be able to recognise him. He said 'yes,, they will noi know I am gay'. I was far more interested in the fuzz on his face- a true work of art.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend guys

D
Old 11-10-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

You too Dee
Old 11-10-2017, 09:01 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Fbl, my hubbys mum doesn’t approve of his beard and I’m pleased that he isn’t persuaded by the fact I like it, that he’s kept it. At least I don’t think so! Wouldn’t do anything to upset his mum.

Have a great weekend overs, love to all.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:52 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hi Gil

Mags,
Don't stop! I love the vernacular phrases that I learn as we go.

Star,
3AM is my bedtime!

PJ,
We split the living vets honors day and those that gave all into two observances. Our Veteran's Day honors all who served living and dead. Our Memorial Day honors the dead from ever war is in May. I need to get off my duff and do a serious daily workout too.

Andy,
Post a pic later wen it is in. I just do a well trimmed short moustache and goatee. All trimmed close. The Air Force only allowed a moustache trimmed above the vermillion of the upper lip, and the sides could not extend beyond the mouth corners.

Toots
Glad to hear Sandy made it. She can be abrasive and rub folks the wrong way. My SH had a big rosemary bush that had to be moved and died when we did the new house. Love rubbing the needles between my fingers and carry that piney aroma around with me.

Sassy,
I'm beginning to not own the insecurities of others. But watching them do it to themselves with detachment is like watching paint dry.

FBL,
That was not intentional but turned out to be on topic! Brisk 60°here and next week we go back to the upper 70s???

Hey Babs!

Dee,
You too. How is your spring springing? Our fall fell flat!

Hey Suze!