Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 2

Old 11-19-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=ChickChick;5651524]Hi. I'm going to jump in and join you all. Day 2 here. The plan today is to keep myself busy. I look forward to getting to know you all.[/QUOTE

Welcome Chick! We have a great group her!

Thumbalina- OMG 20 days! . I can't wait to get there! Are you finding it easier?

I hope everybody is having a great day.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthygoals View Post
Bad news: hand surgery on Monday with a pin in my finger for 6 weeks. Good news: it will keep me sober.

Will check in later tonight after work.
Sorry to hear about the surgery! I hope it all goes well!
Old 11-19-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I know They come and go. I'm feeling my anxiety coming back too, I'm going for a walk. Try and focus on a time when you didn't feel this panic. Remember happy times, maybe look at some old photos? We'll get better Kiki
Thanks Patricia. This is hard.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you're doing really well too Kiki

D
Old 11-19-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Keepnitreal;5651891]
Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Hi. I'm going to jump in and join you all. Day 2 here. The plan today is to keep myself busy. I look forward to getting to know you all.[/QUOTE

Welcome Chick! We have a great group her!

Thumbalina- OMG 20 days! . I can't wait to get there! Are you finding it easier?

I hope everybody is having a great day.
Thanks Keep! Can't say it's much easier for me, I'm afraid. The last couple of days have been the hardest yet. My mind keeps playing the 'if I can go nearly 3 weeks without a drink, I can't be an alcoholic' trick. I'm still really tired too. All I know is that I want to stay sober more than anything. I have cancelled some social plans for this weekend in order to avoid the temptation, I'm just not strong enough to face any situations where alcohol will be present. Struggles aside, though, best 20 days I've had in years!
Old 11-19-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Still here just trying to keep my head above water. As for the withdrawl, hands are shaky and body is screaming at me for a drink. it'll get better soon. I like being mentally present though, that outweighs the shakes.

Anyway,

We've got a snow storm coming tonight. 70's all Oct-Nov then.... bam! Winter. I'm looking forward to the change in season. Pizza on the menu for the 4th time in two days.

Hope those with anxiety can find some calm soon. It definitely sucks.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Kiki,

Do you have to go?? Anyway you can get out of it? Sometimes I feel like it's good to hunker down at home until you feel more in control...
Old 11-19-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Hi all!

I have not kept up with the post last days, but I hope no matter where you are you will keep coming back.

My slip turned in to several days. It usually happens like that. I am not giving up but I think I should stop counting days. For some maybe it helps, but for me I think it's just some excuse...like "I couldn't make 20 days so what's the difference".

But I still had 18 days, almost 20. It's still good. It's a progress and I can make it again. Just have to let go of this thinking like "if I slip it's all useless". It's not. It's day to day. More days sober than drunk is still better than giving up. I fought for a good november and I can make it better still.

Well we all have our differnet ways to deal with it. Thank you all for your support, I will catch up with you and look forward for us to move on together!
Old 11-19-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Holy crappola that was a tough drive home. But I made it with just a French Vanilla from Tim Hortons and not a bottle of wine. Whew. Day 4 here....concentrating on making it to Day 5....
Old 11-19-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
It's Baaaack! The anxiety & panic & cravings are back! Crap! I just ate a giant bowl of tortilla soup and am going to watch Netflix while I put laundry away. Not feeling great today. It's a roller coaster of emotions!

I can't go back!!! I will go forward. This is hard.

And I have another awards banquets to go to tonite. Yuck! I really just don't like people right now...especially "happy" people. Is that weird?

I have major social anxiety & am extremely self-conscious right now too! I feel like every can literally SEE what is going on in my life right now. Faking it is exhausting!

Believe it or not, I can't wait until the weekend. I am doing nothing!

Thank goodness for sober recovery. Sometimes I just need to get all this stuff out of my head. Thanks for all your help guys.
We can do it, Kiki, I also have social anxiety. And I always have panic attacks when I have been drinking...that's what makes me relapse. I go back to make it easier for the moment. We must do this. I believe in you. In us.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Winding down on day 4 here. Worked all day, did some groceries and came home, unloaded, put everything away and assembled dinner.

Found myself annoyed at a sink of dirty dishes and an almost full dishwasher. Really? The other 2 that got home earlier than me are that blind? Fingers aching and the resentment started firing up and I wanted a drink to chill.

And there's other stuff the man is doing too. Grrrrr.

Talking myself out of it as we speak. Don't need to feel like garbage in the morning. Don't need to thin out my blood so surgery gets complicated. Don't need to have a blurry memory of tonight. Don't need the poison. Period.

Have announced I am not hand washing any pots and pans. If it can't go in the dishwasher I'm not touching it. Period.

Time to eat dinner, maybe I will feel better.

Thank you for this thread. Great place to vent.

Staying sober no matter what!
Old 11-19-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Day 1 (again and again)

Hi guys, I am a recycled member back to get this monkey off my back again. Hope you are all having a good day.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthygoals View Post
Found myself annoyed at a sink of dirty dishes and an almost full dishwasher. Really? The other 2 that got home earlier than me are that blind?
Aww Healthygoals, I too live with 2 dishwasher challenged guys lol I know how aggravating it can be! When I find a pile of dishes in the sink I simply leave the dishwasher door open...lol

Try to relax, have a cup of tea. Tomorrow will be better
Old 11-19-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

I know this isn't really the place for it but I'd thought I'd throw it out there.. Anybody in the dog training business or some sort of dog whisperer? I'm struggling with a rescue girl who has a panic attack every time I put the leash on. If so, I'd love to message and chat!
Old 11-19-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard Goldcoastgirl!
Old 11-19-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Also, I have this app called cardiio measures my heart rate. It's gone down 15 bpm since I quit drinking 5 days ago. It's cool! Check it out! Small steps...
Old 11-19-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dallow View Post
And I always have panic attacks when I have been drinking...that's what makes me relapse.
Me too Dallow. I still have waves of panic after 6 days sober. Day 1 was brutal, worst panic attack in years. I thought I was going to die.

Did you read alphaomega's post about anxiety?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ithdrawal.html

(I hope it's ok to post a link Dee, foggy brain right now, I can't remember the forum rules )
Old 11-19-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's fine Patricia

D
Old 11-19-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Gold Coast Girl

D
Old 11-19-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! Through skimming I see mentions of insomnia and anxiety...two of my own biggest downfalls!
For insomnia, I find that melatonin helps - but I highly recommend you not take it if you have vivid dreams, as it can produce worse ones. I've dealt with wild dreams forever so not much of a change for me. Also, valerian root is a wonderful aid - I take it about an hour before bed and it helps calm me into a lull. I suggest reading up on it if it sounds like something you'd like!

As for the anxiety.. I have been on a whirlwind!! I practice deep breathing regularly. If something makes me anxious, I find a spot where I am as close to alone as possible and take a minute or two with my eyes closed to remind myself why I chose to be sober, and that it's only a side effect of the detox. I also find it helps me relax when I think about the fact that it's just a moment of emotion, and it will pass in due time. One of the best mantras for me is that every feeling, be it good or bad, is finally being felt!!

Yesterday we had a rep bring in bourbon for tasting. I was incredibly uncomfortable, but was happy to smell it and not take a single sip, although it made me incredibly anxious to watch all of my coworkers do the shot... The thought of drinking my own taste made me even more anxious than that, to the point of feeling nauseous. Memories of the hangovers? Or just a wonderful reminder?

Does anyone else deal with that anxiety when others drink?

Today is the official 13 days in and I cannot wait to wake up tomorrow at two full weeks of sobriety. I know this battle will follow me forever, but the fact that I have accomplished this much motivates me to keep going.

Just remember...Every morning you wake up is a beautiful one.