Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 2

Old 11-19-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Officially checking in and praying for another sober day. I will put one foot in front of the other & do the next right thing. I will not "think" to much today but "act". (My head is a crazy place right now full of irrational fears & anxiety) I will try to give myself a break and remember that "Rome wasn't built in a day." I try to remember to breathe. I will remember to eat. I will not drink for the next 24 hours!

DAILY GRATITUDE:
1. I woke up sober with no hangover b/c I didn't drink yesterday
2. I was "there" for my kids before school this morning instead of laying in bed feeling sick & depressed
3. It's sunny outside
4. I love SR
5. I have choices and a future today if I continue to stay sober

Healthy, take care of that finger! Ouch!!!

Welcome to all new people to our November support group!

Have a sober day...don't drink no matter what! 99 things you CAN do today and ONE you can't. :-)
Old 11-19-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh canguy, this is how I am with chocolate (and/or different foods too) but did not realize it was addict behavior at all. I really love chocolate.

Anyways, good morning all! Strangeangel, i'm with you on the food. I can't stop eating. Also trying to keep it one thing at a time, so, right now i'm not beating myself up for eating since i am mainly focusing on not drinking.

Trying to cut out caffeine too to help reduce anxiety- but not sure if that is too much at a time. Coffee is my other addiction! 2-3 cups per day and I feel like a zombie in the morning before i get it. Right now I have lemon water instead of coffee, so we will see how it goes. I'm going to try to take my dog on a walk, alone, before my husband goes to work. Maybe that will get my energy up. Trying to do that once a day.

Goodluck to everyone else today I'm starting my day 5, feeling fine, just tired.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Morning all! Today has already started out tough and I'm not sure why. I actually think I was feeling anxiety??? Perhaps because it's day 11 and that was as far as I made it on my first sober attempt? Well hubby is in town so I won't have a 2 night wine fest!
Can guy- stay out of the trash and just enjoy a little chocolate!
Learntofly-sorry about the death in your family. Stay strong!
Sue-welcome to our class!
Kiki-thanks for your gratitude list! That really helped me this morning!
dee-I'm so glad it gets easier. I used to worry because the older I was getting the faster time would fly by....now it's going slow motion in a big way. I guess I will be happy about that ��
Old 11-19-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Today I'm grateful for "My higher power"
My family
My health
The security I have in my life
To live in such a beautiful place
That i was lucky enough to look for help before I lost everything
All of my classmates!!!
Have a great day everybody!
Old 11-19-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Day 19

Hello to all!!!
Lately Ive been hitting SRF every morning for a few hours and then a long walk to ponder everything i just took in.The advice from the vets are pure GOLD.Thanks.

My appetite lately is huge,Im on a seafood diet,if i see it i eat it!

My daily approach is still keep it real simple(remembering HALT).Reading Paws when my memory goes or if i feel like kicking someones teeth down their throat.

Ive now watched tons of football without alcohol and am enjoying it.I replaced booze with food.Its been fun tailgating.

Emotions up!Emotions down!Energy up!Energy down!Its like a rollercoaster!

But it is all worth it...A bad day sober is way better than a good day hammered.

May the day be ours!..Cheers.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Hi. I'm going to jump in and join you all. Day 2 here. The plan today is to keep myself busy. I look forward to getting to know you all.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats to everyone today
Old 11-19-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Welcome chickchick and sue!

Canguy, I've found myself binge eating in sobriety. For me it's bread and cookies! The behavior doesn't last forever though. I think it's our bodies craving sugar to replace what it was used to getting from alcohol. Try not to let it bother you!

It's good to hear from you all. As Dee has said, things will get better the longer we stay sober. Today I will not drink alcohol. I've been so much happier and less anxious without it.

Have a great day!
Old 11-19-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

I can barely eat at all. I think it's probably related to my anxiety more than anything...I have to force myself to eat and everything tastes bland. Yuck. Gross.

I hope it passes, I know this is not good for my recovery
Old 11-19-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

20 days without a drink here! Kind of amazing. Even if I do say so myself!
Old 11-19-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Hi Patricia, you are doing a great job! You're right, you should try and eat something because it will help your body. Perhaps something liquid like fruit juice or chicken soup? I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well but I'm glad you are still here! It will get better!

Thumbelina, congratulations on 20 Days!! Awesome milestone
Old 11-19-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Bad news: hand surgery on Monday with a pin in my finger for 6 weeks. Good news: it will keep me sober.

Will check in later tonight after work.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go Thumbelina 20 days is amazing

Really sorry about your finger HealthyGoals
Old 11-19-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I can barely eat at all. I think it's probably related to my anxiety more than anything...I have to force myself to eat and everything tastes bland. Yuck. Gross.

I hope it passes, I know this is not good for my recovery
Just wondering if some high protein shakes might go down easier than solids right now?
Old 11-19-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Laid down to take a nap & had a drinking dream that I was about to buy alcohol & drink. Now I'm having a craving! I will not drink today! I'm going to force myself to eat!

Patricia...I'm the same as you...can't eat when I have my horrible anxiety & panic. We must force ourselves to eat though because being hungry & having anxiety on top of it is a recipe for disaster!

I will not drink today...God help me stay sober...
Old 11-19-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. I'll try some chicken broth and juice for lunch. The protein shakes is a good idea, I'll get some this afternoon. Thank you
Old 11-19-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Morning all.....
Heading into Friday here, early start, reading all the overnite posts.

Learntofly, sympathies and congratualations on 25 days.

Hi to SueOc, Chickchik

Healthy....hand pin should stop ya 'picking up' for a bit so I guess it has its positives. All the best for a quick recovery

Strangeangel....the sweats are horrible, but 3/4 days they do go. It gets easier.

Kiki...haha, thanks, I'll go with the choc. You sound way better too....

Keepnitreal.....I'll stay out of the trash can. It was a funny moment...

Max....you're doing great. I'm on a seafood diet too...love it. Make a crust out of panko crumbs, lemon pepper and japanese rice seasoning. Then, and this is the luxe bit....smear your fish with tartare sauce and crumb it in the mixture. 10 minutes at 250, let it sit for a bit. Eat.
You and Thumb are leading the way here....

Swimkim, I get you about the happy and less anxiety..

Patricia....every day your getting a little better, a bit stronger....stick with us okay?

Sitting here listening to the garbage truck go past outside. This week, no crashing cascade of empties outa my bin. Listen to that every Friday morning usually.

Okay....Friday. Which means weekend looming and that inevitable end of the week 'few drinks' thing. But it has to be beaten. Planning. Strategy. Dark Chocolate.

Later.....
Old 11-19-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

It's Baaaack! The anxiety & panic & cravings are back! Crap! I just ate a giant bowl of tortilla soup and am going to watch Netflix while I put laundry away. Not feeling great today. It's a roller coaster of emotions!

I can't go back!!! I will go forward. This is hard.

And I have another awards banquets to go to tonite. Yuck! I really just don't like people right now...especially "happy" people. Is that weird?

I have major social anxiety & am extremely self-conscious right now too! I feel like every can literally SEE what is going on in my life right now. Faking it is exhausting!

Believe it or not, I can't wait until the weekend. I am doing nothing!

Thank goodness for sober recovery. Sometimes I just need to get all this stuff out of my head. Thanks for all your help guys.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Greetings and salutations,

I'm here for another go of sober life. I've been tapering all week and tomorrow will be day 1. I'll provide a better introduction tomorrow. We can do this

Nolan
Old 11-19-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
It's Baaaack! The anxiety & panic & cravings are back! Crap! I just ate a giant bowl of tortilla soup and am going to watch Netflix while I put laundry away. Not feeling great today. It's a roller coaster of emotions!

I can't go back!!! I will go forward. This is hard.

And I have another awards banquets to go to tonite. Yuck! I really just don't like people right now...especially "happy" people. Is that weird?

I have major social anxiety & am extremely self-conscious right now too! I feel like every can literally SEE what is going on in my life right now. Faking it is exhausting!

Believe it or not, I can't wait until the weekend. I am doing nothing!

Thank goodness for sober recovery. Sometimes I just need to get all this stuff out of my head. Thanks for all your help guys.
I know They come and go. I'm feeling my anxiety coming back too, I'm going for a walk.

Try and focus on a time when you didn't feel this panic. Remember happy times, maybe look at some old photos?

We'll get better Kiki