Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 2

Old 11-18-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strangeangel View Post
Oh man, you name it. Haha, pumpkin bread, had a few cookies, garlic bread with marinara, sandwiches.. It's gross! It's something to keep my mind off booze and to look forward to. Used to look fwd to a beer (or 5) or wine (bottle) so now I look forward to eating yummy things instead. I'm on day 4, but a much more subdued day 4 as this is probably my 8th day 4 in the last year, so it's been not too too bad.. I'had scaled down intensity of relapse...., sooo instead of 4 black outs a week it was down to one. So yay for sweets!
Progress! Your making progress! Pumpkin bread sounds good!!!
Old 11-18-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys! I don't think the issue is anything too dire, but I'll definitely head to the doctor if it doesn't improve with time off the wine. I just know I did this to myself between Saturday and Monday nights' wineapaloozas. Ugh.

All of my diagnoses have nothing to do with alcohol "officially" per the doctors (IBS, GERD), but I will say I never had GERD before drinking, and I'm 99.9% it does nothing but aggravate the other issue too.

Honestly, as twisted as it sounds, and I know I don't really mean this, I wish they had told me 5 years ago that I had done damage to my liver because then I would have stuck to my not drinking. But how stupid is that? "Hey, I'll just keep drinking until they tell me I can't." Like you haven't lived until you've milked your liver for all it's got?!?!
Old 11-18-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
No, I have ZERO appetite. Nothing sounds good! We had really good steaks & potatoes, veggies & 2 desserts for dinner tonite & I just wasn't feeling it! I'm only on day 4.

I guess cereal sounds good...

What kinds of food have you been eating?
Sorry you're not feeling hungry, KiKi. I've been hungry, but was too lazy to make anything so I ate Smarties and drank soda for dinner. lol
Old 11-18-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DariaM View Post
Thanks, guys! I don't think the issue is anything too dire, but I'll definitely head to the doctor if it doesn't improve with time off the wine. I just know I did this to myself between Saturday and Monday nights' wineapaloozas. Ugh. All of my diagnoses have nothing to do with alcohol "officially" per the doctors (IBS, GERD), but I will say I never had GERD before drinking, and I'm 99.9% it does nothing but aggravate the other issue too. Honestly, as twisted as it sounds, and I know I don't really mean this, I wish they had told me 5 years ago that I had done damage to my liver because then I would have stuck to my not drinking. But how stupid is that? "Hey, I'll just keep drinking until they tell me I can't." Like you haven't lived until you've milked your liver for all it's got?!?!
I think we all do that! We think we have 9 lives and our livers are indestructible! I know I did!!!
Old 11-18-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're doing ok Daria.
Kiki-I wish I wasn't hungry. That has never been my problem. I've been trying to eat clean during this process and I'm doing fairly well. My exercise at least is on target! Getting stronger everyday, in so many ways....but why does each day take so long????
Dee, does this ever get better?????
Old 11-18-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Administrator

If it didn't get better there'd be noone here posting Keep

Have a little faith and patience - it will all work out - I promise

D
Old 11-18-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Eating....hmmmm

Cooking is a big part of a sober routine for me. Guess its kind of a way of structuring evenings in the absence of alcohol. I try different recipes, ingredients etc.

But it is the chocolate thing I've been thinking about.....
I sit here in the evenings with dark chocolate, the real black stuff. Love it

But decided that it was a bad habit that had to go. So... yesterday morning the last few squares went in the kitchen trash. Don't smoke, don't drug, .....sorta don't drink. Don't do black chocolate anymore either.....

By about 9 last nite I'm rummaging thru the bin looking for it....I wanted it. Bad.
Suddenly found myself standing there with my hands in the kitchen crap thinking......this is real addict behaviour...... In the end I go across the road and buy a whole new block. But only ate 2 squares. Because from now on I'm only gonna have two squares a night. Except on weekends......

It's total addict thinking isn't it?.........makes me realise just how ingrained it gets.

But its only chocolate, right?
Old 11-18-2015, 11:14 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Day 25! I'm in California for the weekend for my father in law's funeral. I downloaded a bunch of sobriety podcasts to listen to on the plane, but when we got on, I realized that none of my podcasts synced to my iPod, so that was a huge bummer.

Then when we got here, we went to dinner with a friend and my sister in law and everyone ordered drinks. I had an iced tea, but boy was I tempted.

I just thank God for getting me through the day and for helping me to remain sober. This definitely isn't an easy road, but I know it's the best thing for me.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:16 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think chocolate should be a lot easier to give up Canguy

I'm sorry for your loss learntofly but I have faith you're gonna be OK through this

D
Old 11-18-2015, 11:16 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Canguy, if chocolate helps keep you sober, I say go for it! Dark chocolate is the best!
Old 11-18-2015, 11:33 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Canguy, I had pizza for breakfast, pizza for lunch and pizza for dinner. Do what it takes to stay off the booze. chocolate is fine.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

hi Guys
am just joining this november group as I stopped 1 week ago - taking antiabuse drugs to prevent me from drinking but with a heavy period although i started the day very positive am very very sensitive and have cried a couple of times so far today - I just want to go to bed in a dark room and sleep if I can am exhausted physically and emotionally ........ congrats to you all for being sober today I honestly without the hormones/period think ad be feeling great just got to get to 3pm then finishing work and going to bed - my colleagues are being very supportive even though am struggling and feel miserable i know it will pass and tomorrow another day xxxxxxxxx from what am reading on here my feelings and emotions are normal (whatever normal is)....... xxxx
Old 11-19-2015, 03:25 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Sorry to here about your loss learnttofly.

Welcome Sue. It will get better and each passing day more real than last. You will find some good support here at SR.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:30 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Sue

D
Old 11-19-2015, 03:42 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Quick good morning class, checking in and catching up. Welcome new members, congrats to those succeeding and hugs/support to those struggling.

Get the verdict on hand surgery or not this morning. Someone asked how I did this? Cooking SOBER, impaled my finger on the cut edge of an opened can while making a healthy soup. So much for health huh? The tetanus shot is bothering me more than the finger right now, they are the devil!

Off to finish getting ready for work. Will check in later. Stay sober with all of us
Old 11-19-2015, 03:52 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope it's a 'not' for you healthygoals
best wishes!
D
Old 11-19-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
I'm glad you're doing ok Daria. Kiki-I wish I wasn't hungry. That has never been my problem. I've been trying to eat clean during this process and I'm doing fairly well. My exercise at least is on target! Getting stronger everyday, in so many ways....but why does each day take so long???? Dee, does this ever get better?????
Well you're ahead of ME! I haven't exercised in months. That's next on my list! I know it will help me feel better. :-)
Old 11-19-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Good morning. Not sure if it is the booze, but I had the worst night cold sweats I've ever experienced. Coupled with getting up twice with a sick dog made for a very long night. Hope I can stay positive and motivated today.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
Eating....hmmmm Cooking is a big part of a sober routine for me. Guess its kind of a way of structuring evenings in the absence of alcohol. I try different recipes, ingredients etc. But it is the chocolate thing I've been thinking about..... I sit here in the evenings with dark chocolate, the real black stuff. Love it But decided that it was a bad habit that had to go. So... yesterday morning the last few squares went in the kitchen trash. Don't smoke, don't drug, .....sorta don't drink. Don't do black chocolate anymore either..... By about 9 last nite I'm rummaging thru the bin looking for it....I wanted it. Bad. Suddenly found myself standing there with my hands in the kitchen crap thinking......this is real addict behaviour...... In the end I go across the road and buy a whole new block. But only ate 2 squares. Because from now on I'm only gonna have two squares a night. Except on weekends...... It's total addict thinking isn't it?.........makes me realise just how ingrained it gets. But its only chocolate, right?
Haha! Let yourself binge eat chocolate for a while. Better than drinking and dark chocolate is good for you! :-)
Old 11-19-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by learntofly View Post
Day 25! I'm in California for the weekend for my father in law's funeral. I downloaded a bunch of sobriety podcasts to listen to on the plane, but when we got on, I realized that none of my podcasts synced to my iPod, so that was a huge bummer. Then when we got here, we went to dinner with a friend and my sister in law and everyone ordered drinks. I had an iced tea, but boy was I tempted. I just thank God for getting me through the day and for helping me to remain sober. This definitely isn't an easy road, but I know it's the best thing for me.
25 days is amazing!!!