Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 2

Old 11-20-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening friends popping in going to be cold where I am in the uk tonight : (

What's everyone having for dinner ? were having steak roast : )

if any of you like to cook feel free to contribute to the recipe thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-16.html
Old 11-20-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Omg! My AV is being relentless today!!! Shut up AV!

I pray I make it! Alcohol terrifies me & makes me feel like I have no control over whether I drink or not.

I'm worried I will cave in...
Old 11-20-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Do your best

Try this Kiki

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html
Old 11-20-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Thank you Soberwolf. I just read that & am about to read it again & practice. I feel like I am at WAR with my AV today for some reason.

So hard.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Just checking in on day 6.
I'm praying we find the strength and wisdom we need to say no when our AV talks to us. The weekends are the hardest for most of us. Plus with Thanksgiving. I praying that we remember why we're doing this when the urges come. I know we can do this, if we really want it, we can keep our sobriety. And then we can wake up and be so proud of ourselves.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Av kicking in hard right now due to after work happy hour that's happening. I love my co workers and an having that I could only have one thought. Not going to to do it. Fighting hard today.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Just checking in - 3 weeks today!
Hope everyone's ready for a sober weekend ☺
Old 11-20-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Struggling! Need help! Did Urge Surfing several times and craving & obsession keeps coming back!

NOW, my AV is saying "you only have 5 days KiKi, you can get those back easily just start over tomorrow".

I'm so tired of this...it's so hard. I'm gonna try to eat. I'm stuck at home waiting for a furniture delivery so I can't go for a walk or meeting etc.

When will this get easier? I'd MUCH rather go through labor again right now. At least you get a baby at the end of it all.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Struggling! Need help! Did Urge Surfing several times and craving & obsession keeps coming back!

NOW, my AV is saying "you only have 5 days KiKi, you can get those back easily just start over tomorrow".

I'm so tired of this...it's so hard. I'm gonna try to eat. I'm stuck at home waiting for a furniture delivery so I can't go for a walk or meeting etc.

When will this get easier? I'd MUCH rather go through labor again right now. At least you get a baby at the end of it all.
Sorry Kiki but the fact that you would rather go through labour made me laugh. It's funny how we forget the pain so quickly isn't it? Please try and hang in there. You can do this!
Old 11-20-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Hey Kiki......you're winning. every minute, hour your beating it. You are doing so well.....hang in there
Old 11-20-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

My morning check in....Sat morning here. Friday night fairly painless. just felt tired, very flat, unmotivated. I live in the inner city so I can here all the buzzing ppl outside going to the restaurants and bars up the street...went out got Chinese....went to bed.

Have terrible aching feet and ankles....seems to be getting worse. Not localised in a joint or anything.....just general. Weird.

Okay.....the weekend. The hard time......beer o'clock will roll around this afternoon I guess but it's not happening today.

Everyone seems to be making progress here...its great. Getting through the weekends is an achievement this early....lets do it.

All the best...
Old 11-20-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Thanks Thumbelina and Canguy. I am currently stuffing my face with food hoping that will help. I never ate when I drank and always drank when I was hungry. I actually liked to drink when I was hungry because it seemed to be give me better buzz. Stupid!

Anyway, I am eating a HUGE lunch as I type this so my stomach will be too full to drink, I hope!

Furniture was delivered so now I can go for a nap or take a walk or whatever. I think I will take a nap. I have so much on my "to-do list" for today but you know what? If the ONLY thing I accomplish today is staying sober then it was a freaking miracle!

My "to-do list" will be there tomorrow because I am pretty sure no one will do it for me.

Thanks for the support. I just pray this gets easier! I can't go through this every day for the rest of my life!

# 373 (permalink)  

Kiki, I'm so with you. I'm fighting back tears at work right now. I want to crawl into a hole and die right now. My husband is not supportive bc he's too busy and I'm just a mess. I'm having those same thoughts. And urge is even stronger now bc husbands being s jerk. Seriously thinking of having that drink at happy hour. But I know that won't help. I feel alone and scared and so mad that I can't just be normal
  # 374 (permalink)  

Hey Kiki...my AV is being a persistent bugger today too. And I still need to get through wine-o-clock....but hey, we can do this! Minute by minute, hour by hour.....See you at Day 6!
Old 11-20-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Kiki, strange, pams

The early sober days are so easy to throw away...like kiki said " only a few days" easy to make up and start again. But its not really....however much time you have its too precious to chuck away. You can get today to add to it. Tomorrow too. Thoughts to you.....
Old 11-20-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
Kiki, strange, pams

The early sober days are so easy to throw away...like kiki said " only a few days" easy to make up and start again. But its not really....however much time you have its too precious to chuck away. You can get today to add to it. Tomorrow too. Thoughts to you.....
Couldn't have said it better. Don't give in
Old 11-20-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Ok...After eating a HUGE lunch, my craving is gone and my AV has fallen silent for the moment! Thank you God! And Thank you to all my friends here on SR! I know I sound extremely "dramatic" when I am having a craving but I am just TERRIFIED of drinking again.

I want sobriety so bad! I want my life back! I want to feel good again! I want to be able to look in the mirror again! I don't want my my last thought at night to be "I hate myself!" I want to be a better mom, wife, friend, family member. I just never wanna go back to the hell of drinking.

If I were to take a drink right now, I may feel calm and relaxed for 30 minutes TOPS but then my anxiety, shame, guilt, depression and hopelessness would kick in again and I would have to do these 5 days ALL OVER AGAIN! Not gonna do it!!!

Anyway...THANK YOU GUYS FOR HELPING ME THROUGH THESE PAST FEW HOURS! I don't think I could have done it without you and God. I prayed so hard!

StrangeAngel....Don't do it! You will regret it! Eat something really big right now. That just saved my arse! Can you do that? I am praying for you!

Pams...YES! WE can do this! We WILL do this! We must!

Canguy and Thumbelina....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!grouphug:

I am gonna check in again in a little bit. STRANGEANGEL...DON'T LISTEN TO THAT AV! Think the drink all the way through to tomorrow....I know it is sooooooooooooooooooooo hard! I am right there with you!
Old 11-20-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Do your best

Kiki you done your sobriety justice by not caving trust me they will get less & less the most important aspect is you know it will pass

Some other tips for cravings: Ice cream, sweet things like chocolate, going for a walk, ringing a family or friend

You done 2 massive things in my book

1.you reached out & kept reaching out that's MASSIVE

2.You got through the craving again that's MASSIVE

I am really happy & proud of you Kiki xxxxxXO you lady are amazing
Old 11-20-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Kiki you done your sobriety justice by not caving trust me they will get less & less the most important aspect is you know it will pass Some other tips for cravings: Ice cream, sweet things like chocolate, going for a walk, ringing a family or friend You done 2 massive things in my book 1.you reached out & kept reaching out that's MASSIVE 2.You got through the craving again that's MASSIVE I am really happy & proud of you Kiki xxxxxXO you lady are amazing
Thank you so much Wolf! YOU were the first person to reach out to me when that craving started. You helped me save my butt! I just REALLY want sobriety & happiness...

Thank you sooooo much wolf! I'm walking my dog now. Kinda hard to walk my dog & type on my iphone at the same time. Haha
Old 11-20-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Are you ok StrangeAngel? Check in. Ok? Worried about u.