Class of November 2015 Part 2

Old 11-18-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's never too late GoldenSands - welcome

D
Old 11-18-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

I'm back... again... after wine binging this weekend. And guess who's having GI issues like I had in 2010, but worse this time. This girl. So if those don't resolve themselves in the next week or so, or if they get worse, I'll be doing the walk of shame back to my doctor.

I'm done. I'm getting off this damn rollercoaster.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Daria - if it goes on for more than 2 days do see your Dr - you might end up dehydrated.

D
Old 11-18-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Spent $50 something on booze tonight

On my employees - I had club soda with a lime. Winning.

On another note, as I suspected (I am an RN) I severed a tendon in my right hand. I am seeing a hand surgeon in the morning. In the meantime a splint, keflex and a tetanus shot. ....ugh!

Having a soda and going to bed shortly, can't type too well, will need to do more reading than anything but know my spirit of support is here.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Wrapping up day 5 at work. At least tonight I am well rested, slept till 3pm.

I always got a lot of relief after I woke up from those drinking dreams. I'm kind of looking forward to having one again, I view it as myself taking back over my addiction... my subconscious truly wanting sobriety.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Healthy, hope you feel better soon.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Day 5 completed. Today was a difficult day. I felt sad and hopeless all day.

I've lost count of how many times my AV tried to convince me to escape for a few hours, even to go back to drinking non stop, to just give up.

But I didn't. I know it will make my anxiety 10 times worse.

I did take an extra dose of anxiety medication, I'm not happy about that...but by mid afternoon the anxiety was draining all my energy.

I went to Youtube and watch some inspirational videos. I had a nice talk with my husband. I started to look around and try to find things to be grateful for. Even silly little things like my coffee maker...trying to be in the moment and appreciating the good things instead of focusing in the bad things.

I'm still not feeling great...but I don't feel like giving up and go drinking right now.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Today was my day 3 but it feels like it's been longer than that. I can already feel the weekend approaching. I went to the dr today to tell them about my depression, anxiety and drinking. They ended up not prescribing at all but just referring me to a psychiatrist, which isn't what I want or particularly need quite yet. The psychologist made me feel super crazy and didn't really listen to me. So she made me an appt with my regular doctor to talk about antidepressants before I call the psychiatrist, if I even want to. So, there's that.
I'm literally amazed with myself that I told them I'm excessively drinking. Ha! I feel like this isn't my life. No way! But i guess it is though.

All day I didn't have any cravings, until I let my thoughts get away from me tonight and have had a couple "what if this is just situational and you're not really an alcoholic and can train your body over time to enjoy 1 or 2 drinks" type thoughts.

Yet, here I am, sober, going to bed soon. Probably going to have a snack and then watch Netflix. I managed to vacuum today and clean the kitchen twice, did laundry, do my training with my German shepherd, and got my kids to eat veggies at dinner. Even though I had major anxiety today and cried in public at the Drs, I'm sober right now and that's all that matters.
Hope everyone else had a good day and made it through.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoldenSands View Post
Today was my day 3 but it feels like it's been longer than that. I can already feel the weekend approaching. I went to the dr today to tell them about my depression, anxiety and drinking. They ended up not prescribing at all but just referring me to a psychiatrist, which isn't what I want or particularly need quite yet. The psychologist made me feel super crazy and didn't really listen to me. So she made me an appt with my regular doctor to talk about antidepressants before I call the psychiatrist, if I even want to. So, there's that.
I'm literally amazed with myself that I told them I'm excessively drinking. Ha! I feel like this isn't my life. No way! But i guess it is though.

All day I didn't have any cravings, until I let my thoughts get away from me tonight and have had a couple "what if this is just situational and you're not really an alcoholic and can train your body over time to enjoy 1 or 2 drinks" type thoughts.

Yet, here I am, sober, going to bed soon. Probably going to have a snack and then watch Netflix. I managed to vacuum today and clean the kitchen twice, did laundry, do my training with my German shepherd, and got my kids to eat veggies at dinner. Even though I had major anxiety today and cried in public at the Drs, I'm sober right now and that's all that matters.
Hope everyone else had a good day and made it through.
Hang in there! Maybe your MD thought a psychiatrist could get a better handle on what Meds you might really need.

Dee-regarding NA wine- I think my motivation is really to fit in and not have people push me at upcoming parties. I also think there is a comfort in the routine and maybe that's the negative. I thought...when we all sit down to a turkey dinner I would have a glass of NA wine....but I can easily have sparkling cider with oj and call that my mimosa. Lol. Thank you for your wisdom.

Niki-yes, can each say what day whe are on and what we are grateful for.
I am closing out Day 10 and I am really grateful for ALL of you in this class!!!!!
Old 11-18-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Please hang in there everybody. Give yourself time. Give yourself patience. Think about how long it took you to get to be an alcoholic. It takes time to undo what's been for so long. Give yourself the opportunity to be the person you were supposed to be. Life will still be life, even during recovery. It will still be even trying to do right. Count all the little things that happen that are wins! They all add up!
((Hug))!!
Old 11-18-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

omg I just realized I'm actually on day 4, not 3. Lol, wow. I had a long last few days (I wasn't even thinking about alcohol at all, I had other things to deal with that were taking up my time).
Anyways, good idea keepnitreal!
I'm thankful for the Internet so that I can be connected to this support system.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Welcome GoldenSands!

Dee & Supertired- I totally relate to this: "
"Hypochondria is very common supertired. I know I had it - I couldn't quite believe that all those years with booze and drugs didn't leave me with *something*." I worry about damage I may have done too!

Welcome back DariaM! :-) I hope your GI issues get better! I'm not getting back on that roller coaster again EVER! You with me?

Healthy!!! How did you sever the tendon in your hand? OMG are you ok?

BlackBird, so glad you got some sleep & great job on day 5!

Great job on day 5 Patricia. You can't give up. WE can't give up! WE deserve a better life! Keep fighting!

My daily gratitude:
1. Another day sober
2. A steak dinner with husband & kids
3. My kitty & doggie laying in bed with me snuggling.
4. SR
5. You guys!!!
Old 11-18-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

I'm on day 4, again, and I'm sooooo hungry!! I've been eating everything. As someone who was/is worried about body image/calories, etc, I'm proud of myself for just going with it and telling myself "one thing at a time".. Stay off booze, cigs and narcs and thennn I'll worry about cleaning up diet. I've got a pretty good fitness plan, so hopefully everything will fall into place.. Is this happening to anyone else??
Old 11-18-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoldenSands View Post
Today was my day 3 but it feels like it's been longer than that. I can already feel the weekend approaching. I went to the dr today to tell them about my depression, anxiety and drinking. They ended up not prescribing at all but just referring me to a psychiatrist, which isn't what I want or particularly need quite yet. The psychologist made me feel super crazy and didn't really listen to me. So she made me an appt with my regular doctor to talk about antidepressants before I call the psychiatrist, if I even want to. So, there's that. I'm literally amazed with myself that I told them I'm excessively drinking. Ha! I feel like this isn't my life. No way! But i guess it is though. All day I didn't have any cravings, until I let my thoughts get away from me tonight and have had a couple "what if this is just situational and you're not really an alcoholic and can train your body over time to enjoy 1 or 2 drinks" type thoughts. Yet, here I am, sober, going to bed soon. Probably going to have a snack and then watch Netflix. I managed to vacuum today and clean the kitchen twice, did laundry, do my training with my German shepherd, and got my kids to eat veggies at dinner. Even though I had major anxiety today and cried in public at the Drs, I'm sober right now and that's all that matters. Hope everyone else had a good day and made it through.
GoldenSands, just want to say I totally relate to 3 days seeming like such a long time! I swear 3 days seems like 3 years right now! When I was drinking, 3 weeks would just disappear! Heck...2 years...POOF! Gone!

Don't worry about your psychologist. She sounds like a real B if she made you feel like that. WhAtever! I hate doctors like that!

It was so brave of you to be honest about everything today! That really shows you want to get better! :-)

Glad you didn't have any cravings. That AV started to whisper though. Glad you ignored it!

It sounds like you had a really productive day! We don't have to do it gracefully...just do it and you DID! Yay!
Old 11-18-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strangeangel View Post
I'm on day 4, again, and I'm sooooo hungry!! I've been eating everything. As someone who was/is worried about body image/calories, etc, I'm proud of myself for just going with it and telling myself "one thing at a time".. Stay off booze, cigs and narcs and thennn I'll worry about cleaning up diet. I've got a pretty good fitness plan, so hopefully everything will fall into place.. Is this happening to anyone else??
No, I have ZERO appetite. Nothing sounds good! We had really good steaks & potatoes, veggies & 2 desserts for dinner tonite & I just wasn't feeling it! I'm only on day 4.

I guess cereal sounds good...

What kinds of food have you been eating?
Old 11-18-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes I has hungry and sometimes not - many detoxes to choose from in my case

I could usually force down a tin of green beans or something like that Kiki?

D
Old 11-18-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Sometimes I has hungry and sometimes not - many detoxes to choose from in my case I could usually force down a tin of green beans or something like that Kiki? D
I'm not THAT hungry Dee! I think I will skip the green beans. Haha
Old 11-18-2015, 08:09 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm a man - what can I say

D
Old 11-18-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
No, I have ZERO appetite. Nothing sounds good! We had really good steaks & potatoes, veggies & 2 desserts for dinner tonite & I just wasn't feeling it! I'm only on day 4. I guess cereal sounds good... What kinds of food have you been eating?
Oh man, you name it. Haha, pumpkin bread, had a few cookies, garlic bread with marinara, sandwiches.. It's gross! It's something to keep my mind off booze and to look forward to. Used to look fwd to a beer (or 5) or wine (bottle) so now I look forward to eating yummy things instead. I'm on day 4, but a much more subdued day 4 as this is probably my 8th day 4 in the last year, so it's been not too too bad.. I'had scaled down intensity of relapse...., sooo instead of 4 black outs a week it was down to one. So yay for sweets!
Old 11-18-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Hmmmmm....if I could have ANYTHING to eat right now what would it be???

Thinking.....

Still thinking....

OMG...nothing sounds good!

Wait! Peanut butter & jelly sounds good!

Weird! Haha