View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
gleefan

Fradley - I was surprised that my body needed to "adjust" to sobriety. I woke up feeling hung over for weeks, no matter what I did to be healthy. It passed eventually, as did the the constant exhaustion. Everyone's time frame for healing is different.

Quitting drinking is a huge undertaking for an alcoholic. Fifteen weeks is a wonderful accomplishment. I think it's important to have support. Given the idea that maybe you could moderate, you did exactly what you should do - you turned to other people in recovery to discuss it. No one here's going to tell you that even one sip would be ok; we are going to tell you the times our first sips led to pain and struggling, embarrassment, loss of self respect, and arrest. It is helpful for me to hear these stories. I hope you'll continue to seek support and give it to others in the same situation as you.

Amp - Good to see you checking in.

Saskia - Thank you for sharing your hard earned wisdom.

WWS - I think it's so smart to check in when you typically feel temptation. You don't need to decide anything on your job right this minute. Give it all the time you need to figure out the right answer.

BoozeFree - Good luck finding the right person for the job.

KeyofC - Great to see how your faith is guiding you. I'm curious, what do you do to out it into action so that you experience that kind of grace? I worked on Step Two with my sponsor today, and finding a connection to a higher power is on my mind.

Today was busy. I tried to share the best of myself with the people I came across, and accept the results.