Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 3

Old 08-21-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Elizke and Lovehoops , I wish you strength to overcome this terrible alcohol trap , believe in yourselves and never give up , you both in my thoughts. As for myself , it's the end of day 5 and thought of alcohol all day long , went out for a walks few times , did shopping and got myself diet coke for the evening, keep sipping it while watching a movie . Alcohol craving disappeared thank goodness. Also can anyone put a link or something where I could read what all these shortenings mean like AV etc
Old 08-21-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Thanks hopeful and congrats on your 5 days!
I just woke from that nap. I must have really needed it.
I had a little over 4 months and drank in February. I've been trying to get it back under control since then. I know that it will go away and I will feel great. Just have to be gentle now and try and get back to that point.
Kids are home off to do the snack thing.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Originally Posted by Gjess View Post
Also can anyone put a link or something where I could read what all these shortenings mean like AV etc
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-acronyms.html
Old 08-21-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

hugs lovehoops I missed you.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. I'm halfway through day 17. Feeling ok but have noticed my AV chirping a little more often than the first two weeks. I've done a good job of recognizing it and pushing it away. In times past, when my AV started talking I didn't do much to stop it. It was like I felt like I already failed just for thinking about drinking. I've got a better plan this time around and I want to protect my sobriety at all costs. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay strong guys!
Old 08-21-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Also can anyone put a link or something where I could read what all these shortenings mean like AV etc
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-acronyms.html

Here are some that I found. Congrats on getting though thr cravings today! 5 days is great!
Old 08-21-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

You beat me vanaprastha!
Old 08-21-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Congrats

Elizke and Lovehoops , I wish you strength to overcome this terrible alcohol trap , believe in yourselves and never give up , you both in my thoughts. As for myself , it's the end of day 5 and thought of alcohol all day long , went out for a walks few times , did shopping and got myself diet coke for the evening, keep sipping it while watching a movie . Alcohol craving disappeared thank goodness. Also can anyone put a link or something where I could read what all these shortenings mean like AV etc
Gjess,

I am on day 5 as well and it hasn't been easy for sure. You mentioned taking walks - I've taken more walks recently than I can remember taking in the past. Sounds like we're both staying busy. Wish you the best and I know we'll both be ok.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Thank you hopeful, of course we will do it , I'm so thankful for this forum and regret that I wasn't looking for help way earlier . Stay strong everyone, power or life is stronger than alcohol power and while we are in the lead, let not let this beast to catch up .
Old 08-21-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Just woke up. God damn it, there's blood everywhere. I remember sweeping like crazy though, so I'm pretty sure I got all the glass chards, which is the only thing that really concerns me. Don't want one of my boys to get a chunk of glass stuck in their paw.

Check it out:

Khon Kaen Homes, Property Search Results

That's a nice little place, eh? Cheap too. Only about $260 CAD/month. I can handle that.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad noone got really hurt Troy.

D
Old 08-21-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I see some familiar names here and thought I would join this class as well. Been trying to get back on track for a couple of months now. Had almost a year sober and then stupidly thought I could try moderating. It never works. Start out saying I will just drink once a week, but we all know how that goes. Finishing up Day 6, but I always seem to slip on the weekends. Determined to make it through this one though.

Hope everyone is having a nice and sober Friday night, or Sat, depending on where you are
Old 08-21-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome ladybug

D
Old 08-21-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeanSkillet View Post
Hey everyone. I'm halfway through day 17. Feeling ok but have noticed my AV chirping a little more often than the first two weeks. I've done a good job of recognizing it and pushing it away. In times past, when my AV started talking I didn't do much to stop it. It was like I felt like I already failed just for thinking about drinking. I've got a better plan this time around and I want to protect my sobriety at all costs. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay strong guys!
Hey, I'm on Day 17 too. I also hear that AV voice trying to reason with me telling me it'll be okay, you can handle a night with me, it's the weekend, you DESERVE it! I know better, but part of me wants to listen to it, maybe the voice is right this time? How fun is this life going to be if I stop drinking for gods sake?!?!

For now, all I can do is try my best to ignore the voice while each day try to strengthen my resolve and my reasons for giving up alcohol in the first place. I'm hoping that each time I quiet the AV, the stronger I get and the weaker it gets. It's still early for both of us, but one day at a time I believe we'll get stronger and stronger, while AV gets weaker and quieter until its no longer there.

Have a good weekend too.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Too tired from the long work week to post much but happy to see so many checking in daily. Wishing everyone a sober sleep.
GB
Old 08-21-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Hey ladybug,

I remember your name from previous classes. Welcome back.

And yeah, I totally understand about the moderating thing. Doesn't work for folks like us.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Hi ladybug and Lovehoops, glad you are back! John and bean, 17 days is great. I'm closing down on day3, hope for a good rest for everyone tonight, or peaceful morning!
Old 08-21-2015, 08:17 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Hi, All. I'm back on Day One. I've had a really rough time the last month, just feeling depressed more often than not. This week at work I was completely disengaged, I just sat at my computer and stared at the screen. I did not feel good at all. So what does my AV do? Tell me alcohol will make the bad feelings go away. And I listened! I'm upset with myself but have strengthened my resolve to never drink again. I'm an alcoholic and I cannot drink safely. I drove drunk last night and I'm so thankful nothing happened. I can never put myself in that situation again. One day at a time. This will be my last Day One. I'm ready to put in the hard work to stay sober. I know it will not be easy, but it will get easier. And I want to live a sober life. I hope you all have a good weekend. Take it from me: drinking will not make anything better!!
Old 08-21-2015, 08:55 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

I'm winding down day 3 also. See you all tomorow!
Old 08-21-2015, 09:42 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

I just checked off day 6 and I'm 40 minutes into day 7.

Well done to everyone who stayed sober today, August 21, 2015, and let's all work hard to make it through this weekend without a drink or a drug.