Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 3

Old 08-22-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things will get better Patricia - please don't fall into thinking they won't.
We're all here to help.

Lilly I'm sorry today is not a great day but at least we onlyt have bad days now not bad weeks, right?

I dunno...your heart doesn't seem to be in this companion deal Troy?

congrats to lovehoops, bexxed, jema, Gjess and everyone else kicking goal and hitting milestones today

BBF maybe it's best to just go to the Dr and be totally honest - let him sort out what he thinks you need?

enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone
D
Old 08-22-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Ate my way through cravings today, had the best falafel/avocado burger for lunch. I would rather be chubby than drunk right now.

Should be doing lots of things, but relaxing instead, tired.. still reading "mrs d is going without", memoir of a boozy housewife. Highly recommend.

Since it seems its back to 3 am wakeup im going to bed early.

Hard to respond to individuals on my phone app , so to everyone in this class, we deserve to be present for our own lives, not a drunk bystander. Have a good night all.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

End of Day 2. Exhausted. It was a roller coaster of emotions, but I didn't drink
Right now I'm listening to an audiobook by Wayne Dyer. I am feeling much better, his voice always makes me feel at peace for some reason. Have a good night everybody.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:07 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
Ate my way through cravings today, had the best falafel/avocado burger for lunch. I would rather be chubby than drunk right now.
Ha, me too I can already feel my pants getting a little tighter around the waist.

Day 7 is in the books, and well done to everyone who stayed sober today.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Day 4 done. Little headache this evening but I had a good night. Hubby took me to eat mexican (my favorite). I am still feeling exhausted and tired, so I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep.
Cravings haven't been bad yet. I'll be ready if/when they come.
Night all!
Old 08-23-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Day 8 It felt so nice to wake up early on a Sunday morning without a hangover. My 8 month old was up at 2:30 am and then again at 6:15 so very thankful I didn't drink last night. A little tired, but I will take that anyday over a hangover.

Hope everyone has a great and sober Sunday. The first week is definitely the hardest!! Stay strong everyone. It is so worth it.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Good morning all,
Just checking in. Slept okay last night.

Hope all are okay...have a good sunday
Old 08-23-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Checking in this morning. It's been quiet here in our group. Hope everyone is well. Be strong today. Those doing well yay! Those struggling keep moving forward and I pray you find strength. It's worth it! Me I'm doing well. Just keep on keeping on. Have a good Sunday peeps!
Day 34!
Old 08-23-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Good morning everyone. A little headache this morning, but no hangover. Slept better than average. Starting day 22.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Starting Day 2 after many starts and stops and "never agains."
Old 08-23-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Welcome pampering me....I am on day 2 as well ....again. Let's do this together.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hi all. First time on this forum. August 3rd is my sobriety date. I'm celebrating my youngest daughters birthday today. Hope you all have a nice Sunday. For those fighting through your first weekend KEEP IT UP YOUR ALMOST THERE!
Old 08-23-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Good morning. I had a much better night. I only woke up once during the night. Still having weird dreams. The morning anxiety is still very strong. Trying to breathe right now. It will pass, right?
Old 08-23-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Just thinking about the difference between last Sunday morning and today ....
What I don't miss:

Waking up at 3am with that pang of regret and disappointment thinking "why did I drink last night?"
Broken, non restful sleep.
Unable to enjoy morning cup of coffee.
Feeling tired, groggy, thirsty, anxious, unmotivated, irritable and sad all day.
Racing heart, dry/bloodshot eyes.

Ugh, no thanks. That one hour or so of "feeling good" just isn't worth the consequences.

Happy Sober Sunday all
Old 08-23-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Good morning. I had a much better night. I only woke up once during the night. Still having weird dreams. The morning anxiety is still very strong. Trying to breathe right now. It will pass, right?
Yes, it will
Old 08-23-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Welcome Fish and Pampering! Morning of Day 5, horrid night, interrupted sleep, due to detoxing and cats bugging me. I do believe I'm too tired to think about drinking today.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Yes, hydrate, eat breakfast, do a meditation, get fresh air. It gets better as morning goes on right.?
Old 08-23-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Morning, All. Feeling grateful for my sobriety today. Sleep has been a little disturbed the last two nights - feels like I'm waking up every half hour. It will get better though. I've started meditating - not something that feels super comfortable or easy to do right now, but it does help relieve stress and tension. There are some good guided meditations out there if you google it. Also happy to report the AV has been silent this weekend. But I'll be ready when it gets loud again. Hope you all have a peaceful Sunday.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Good morning, we had some nice storms here last night. Which I listened to in bed w my hubby, along with some ambient music. Very relexing. This is day four. I've slept for the last 12 hours. He's so good about letting me sleep. Spose it's time to find some coffee. I have work tonight, so I'm safe today, the dangerous part comes on the morning when I'm off. The tiredness that accompanies working overnight feels a bit like a buzz and I like make it worse. Going straight home in the morning. Straight to bed.

Best wishes all.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Ladybug, Yes! Funny how coffee morphs from a delicious treat to a desperate attempt to feel human on a hangover. I'm so glad that's not me this am, it easily could have been.