Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 3

Old 08-17-2015, 11:36 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Cucumber mint water. I've never heard of that. I've got to try it!
I'm a vodka medicator, and need a replacement spritzer. The last few time I drank beer it was like "normal" drinkers seem to do it. A few then done. The drunk I pursue is the alcoholic wallop that a half- a pint brings. Nothing fun about it- the escape is what it's about. I get all kind of housework done, get lots of. Busywork caught up, then fall off into a no memory haze where I say and do stuff that I regret. Up at 2 am again. Not sure why.
I am sure that I want to live better. Want my life back. After drinking so long probably more like a "new" life.
My wife is so used to me drinking on Mondays, she asked me not to. I told her "not drinking today".
I need to ask her to actively help me, I think. I know it's up to me not to drink, but meetings and counselling haven't worked out for me, and I have to try something else. I don't know. I'm rambling. Being sober makes me feel like I'm crazy. Get through a day, then try to all down and knock myself out to sleep some.
I'm staggering through my trigger days, at best. Better than a binge I don't remember.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:42 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Cucumber mint water sounds so good!

I want my life back too JL. So so lost these days.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:45 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

am poorly today. Feel really rough. Probably the not sleeping well knocked my immune system down a peg. Well, that and the stressing.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:49 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better soon DD

Get all the help you can JL...you too BBL...stack the deck in your favour

D
Old 08-18-2015, 03:22 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

29!
The fog is slowly lifting. As a woman I am sure there are lots of feelings I have masked for many years with drinking. We are very emotional beings anyway and being artistic I seem to be a bit more dramatic than the norm! Im wired to feel everything that's for sure! I hang on knowing no matter how bad it feels I will drag myself through the crap to the other side. Not a quitter!
Busy day. More training at work. Daughter has a cross country meet this afternoon so I'll go support her. I hope all the customers I get today are in a kind mood..lol
Prayers to you that are having a hard time. Yay for those who accomplished things today! Will catch up later.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good morning! Am doing much better after sleeping well last night and exercising. Busy week ahead. I'll catch up with you tonight. Off to week 1 day 2 of the couch to 5k!
Old 08-18-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

BBF, we gotta make it stick. I think we can do it.
Ditz I'm sorry you're feeling bad.
Workday 1 of 4 today. Saturday EMT work lined up. Rainy here. Hope it slows down the slavedriver I work for, that breaks his and everyone's back for naught. We get paid here, regardless. Not much in way of advancement at my job but creeping once a yr raises and job stability are the name of the game in my case.
Sober today !
Old 08-18-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hey Ivewater - I've done that Couch to 5 k.
I do a mix mash of stuff now. Daily grind takes all my free time, so 20 minutes is all I got. I make most of it when I can.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Feel better DD.. Hang in there.
JL. My workday 1 of 4 too. I am trying to keep a good mindset and see past it because it is one of my major stressors.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Good morning everyone. I have a bad headache this morning. It started yesterday afternoon and woke me up a few times overnight.

Still it seems like a small problem compared to what some of you are going through. Thank you all for sharing your stories, and I hope things get better for you soon.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Ive dragged myself out and stocked up on fruit juice and proper food. After a break I will sort the dishes then keep myself tucked up warm.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hello Eight Eighteen Fifteen!
Old 08-18-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I hope we can all be strong today and get through these first rough days. I am on Day 3...

Life is hectic right now with 2 small kids and one on the way. Work is crazy, traffic is crazy..I got bad health results during a recent physical. I just found out extremely emotional information about my birth mother to top things off!

But I'm not drinking and smoking today, that one thing is for certain. Good luck all
Old 08-18-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Cucumber mint water. I've never heard of that. I've got to try it!
I'm a vodka medicator, and need a replacement spritzer. The last few time I drank beer it was like "normal" drinkers seem to do it. A few then done. The drunk I pursue is the alcoholic wallop that a half- a pint brings. Nothing fun about it- the escape is what it's about. I get all kind of housework done, get lots of.
THIS IS ME! Exactly! I can drink beer like a "normal" person. There is nothing I drink more than one or two of besides vodka (used to be I'd drink tons of everything, back in my 20s). Vodka mixed with diet tonic water. I can have ONE margarita. One or two (good) beers. But then I get back to the vodka and it's all over. And I only drink like that - to numb - when I'm alone. If I'm out (which is rare), I don't want to drink much. That is fodder for the AV, which says, "see, you CAN drink like a normal person." However, I know that if I listen to the AV, I'll be back to vodka-based numbing sessions at home by myself. No bueno.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

DD and vanaprastha - I am sorry to hear you guys aren't feeling well. I'm battling a cold, myself. In fact, I've had a cold off and on all summer. I am certain that my periodic vodka binges have taken a toll on my immune system. Screwy thing is, I'd often drink while feeling ill because I hate being sick. So I'd numb the pain of being sick. Not today. Lots of tea and water with lemon for me.

Icewater - wtg on the C25K!!

Day 5 begins. Yesterday was a little shaky, my AV was being quite pushy. On another forum someone referred to it as "the salesman." I like that. I turned on my lawyer brain a couple times yesterday to cross examine my AV. It worked - I caught that jerk in all his lies!

What's the plan for today? Meditation. Reading. Journaling. Blogging. Job searching. Hopefully an easy run, if my body is up to it. Drinking herbal tea and lots of water.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I just gotta say I'm fired up about the tasty sound water. Looked up recipes and saw one with watermelon in place of lemon , in the directions. I'm gonna try both. I eat tons of pickles, so I'll have drink storage, soon as a 2-3 gallon jar comes open.
Hey ! An excuse to eat more pickles !
Posting about drinking vodka made me realize; I don't drink anything that tastes good. Gotta change that.
Lilac- I'm the same- vodka and diet soda is my thing, and it's obviously not good tasting. I don't go out and drink either.
Sick 6 yr old today. He got sick last night while mommy was at class. After he got sick , he looked up at me with cold washrag I had for him, and said. " oh, I feel SO much better!"
Lot of sinus drainage making him sick.
I'm feeling all good parent-like, then couple if minutes later my two yr old nails me in the head with a toy sword scabbard , " HAHH ! ", he yells.....
- took my Beatin for the day.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I would like to join this class. I have tried so many times to get sober and now I think I've hit rock bottom.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Welcome elizke !
Old 08-18-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I felt really happy today after longest time , I walking in the street and smiling to myself it's so weird . The funniest part was when I went to get pizza and on the way I was repeating the words that hypnosis man said , I kept saying I'm free , I'm completely free from alcohol, until I realised I didn't repeat that in my mind but actually said it out loud lol , don't know how many people heard me but I just laughed at myself and went for my pizza
Old 08-18-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Welcome to the class elizke.