View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
johnt99

Originally Posted by BeanSkillet View Post
Hey everyone. I'm halfway through day 17. Feeling ok but have noticed my AV chirping a little more often than the first two weeks. I've done a good job of recognizing it and pushing it away. In times past, when my AV started talking I didn't do much to stop it. It was like I felt like I already failed just for thinking about drinking. I've got a better plan this time around and I want to protect my sobriety at all costs. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay strong guys!
Hey, I'm on Day 17 too. I also hear that AV voice trying to reason with me telling me it'll be okay, you can handle a night with me, it's the weekend, you DESERVE it! I know better, but part of me wants to listen to it, maybe the voice is right this time? How fun is this life going to be if I stop drinking for gods sake?!?!

For now, all I can do is try my best to ignore the voice while each day try to strengthen my resolve and my reasons for giving up alcohol in the first place. I'm hoping that each time I quiet the AV, the stronger I get and the weaker it gets. It's still early for both of us, but one day at a time I believe we'll get stronger and stronger, while AV gets weaker and quieter until its no longer there.

Have a good weekend too.