Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 3

Old 08-22-2015, 12:39 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

hugs ladybug good to see you.
I am still getting a lot of the ahh once things settled a bit you can drink the odd one or two. It will be fine. I just replayed the last go at that. A nice weekend of sipping a couple of glasses of wine before bed. A slightly more drunk Friday the week after but nothing too bad happened. Then decided to get a bottle tuesday as I had money. Bought a small wine box thinking ahh well that will last me ages and is good value. Most of it went in that evening. Very bad evening that was. Then a few drinks out Thurs night, though I hit the want more stage while out by the time I got home I was ok to ignore the last bit in the box. Friday a few glasses at my brother followed by getting in and finishing the box off then going out for another bottle. Again not such a good night. So in all that I had those first two nights drinking a gentle amount where I wasn't overly drunk or craving more. Had the last glass out of the bottle sat night then Sunday was day 1. AV still says well it wouldn't happen that way this time. The whole thing with that guy was making you stressed and crazy. It's different now........
Old 08-22-2015, 03:14 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Good morning all,
Feeling pretty good today.
Welcome back ladybug.
Swim kin...I am starting day 1today as well....again! I'm glad you are ok and got home safely. We keep trying moderation and it doesn't work. It's so tough to beat this!!!
Ditzy...thanks for the hugs!!! I missed you too.
I woke up feeling pretty good today. Not exactly sure what my plan is yet but I have tons to do around home and family will be here.
I won't drink today and will check in later.
Have a great day all and beAt that AV
Xo
Old 08-22-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

DD, that sounds so familiar. I think my AV and your AV must be related :-) thank you for reminding me why I can't go back. I am just one day behind you BTW.
Old 08-22-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Hi!
Skulking in and sitting in the back of the class
Looking forward to getting to know you all. Well I hit my bottom. Will post more on that in the near future. I feel so different this time. I'm just 'done' I am so ready to change.
On day 3. I have been attending aa, and actually phoning those numbers I get. I have seen a rehab counsellor for the first time and she has set me my homework. My last drinking session scared the hell out of me and I'm willing to do anything and everything it takes to stay sober.
Be in contact soon, stay well everyone
Old 08-22-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Day 22. Boy that AV was yelling at me yesterday. I had to yell back. Found myself saying "Shut up, shut up, shut" I realized I was hungry,tired,thirsty,stressed and forced myself to take car of those needs and then re-assess the situation and I made it through. I don't think the concept of "AV" was around the last few times I tried to quit 4-5 years ago - It really helps to separate out those thoughts and recognize they do pass and don't have to be listened to. For those fighting fatigue it gets so much better, you'll be shocked at the energy levels you get to. On counting days - I understand (from many prior attempts to quit) that it gets so discouraging to start the count all over again... It seems that a slip in many days of success should be just that. Like "Day 10 (-1)" For a slip up... And if you look like this "Day 20(-10)" You really need to start over on Day 1!
Old 08-22-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Welcome brighter life. I was the same this time. Totally determined. Feel very different. So far so good.

Day 22. Happier and healthier. Doing great and not missing it but my problem now is worrying about future events coming up in next 5 months. Must find a way to deal with that.
Old 08-22-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome brighterlife

D
Old 08-22-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Good morning everyone. Welcome to the class brighterlife. Starting day 21 here.

I have a small headache this morning, but they seem to be getting a little better. I did not sleep very well, but I have always been a light sleeper, even when I was not drinking.

One good thing I have noticed is that I am able to read again. I love to read, but when I was drinking I would usually fall asleep on the couch before I read more than a few pages, or if I did read more I would not remember what I had read the next day. Now I can read and enjoy it again.
Old 08-22-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

Day 7 and feeling great this morning. There is nothing better than waking up without a hangover. Not to mention the disappointment and regret that comes with it. Drinking seems to affect me more mentally than physically now. Maybe because I have had a few good sober stints, who knows. I am anxious about tonight. Sat nights are my danger zone and almost every time I have slipped it has been on a Sat night. Got to keep playing the tape to the end and remembering how I will feel tomorrow morning. Why is it so hard to do that sometimes? It's like the AV just takes over and I become a different person. All I know is I don't want go start over again tomorrow. I am sick of my Sundays being wasted as Day 1's. Will be sure to post here if I am struggling later. Hope everyone has a great and sober day/night!
Old 08-22-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
All I know is I don't want go start over again tomorrow.
Exactly this.

If you have a hard time tonight, come back and read what you just posted. You can do this.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Day 6 for me . Feeling great today, even though I had craziest dreams , the part of it I was buying a wine bottle and feeling very embarrassed. I woke up and thought it's good it was only a dream , whew. Scrolled through forums in the morning, the topic "at least I didn't get drunk " caught my eye , read through it , and was so thankful I found it. As being older and wiser now , I would rather learn from other people's mistakes than waiting for my own disaster to happen , it gave me a good reminder that it's always a word YET at the end . This occasional drink not worth risking my life and my health and so the AV left my mind as soon as I reminded it to myself .
Old 08-22-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

rough rough night 3 as far as sleep, pains, etc. Day 4 here and I am so tired, headache, but won't drink today. Welcome brighter! Swim, starting over better than the alternative! PHRD, I hear you about day counting, had some issues with it but back to it now. Stay strong everyone, I know weekends can be tough. I'm keeping HALT at forefront today.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Welcome brighter life and stay strong this Saturday, ladybug! Keep posting here.

Just checking in...I have a few errands to run. Maybe stop at a garage sale???
Keep me and my mind busy!!!

Hugs to all with milestones xo...and everyone else too xo
Old 08-22-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Wanted to add something, don't judge. even when I had some thoughts about having a drink and how it will be just one and it will not hurt , I was fooling myself . Doesn't matter that I wasn't the one who bought vodka in the morning , I don't even like vodka at all , and I wasn't the one who carried alcohol in my bag with me , and my story is way different than many people on here have to tell , and would even think sometimes that maybe I wasn't so bad alcoholic, but it doesn't change the fact that I am an alcoholic and suffer from the same disease just like everyone else here . To new people I would like to wish to listen to even harsh opinion and be open minded. Sorry for my rant , I hope I didn't offend anyone by saying this . I just hope it will help someone just like it helped me over the past week.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Welcome to new people and looks like everyone else is doing well and helping each other as we do..
Just checking in. Day 33. Trying to re-group and look at things differently as I am pulling myself up outta this hole. I just can't live there anymore. The point is, my life as a whole is better now. I can't let these little things grip me a drag me in. It's terrible, but I assume it's part of learning to deal with all these emotions.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Good point Gjess. We come in all makes and models.

I count about 20 of us actively in this class. Some at day one and some at day 22. (I know some are over, but can't remember who...DD? LoveHoops?) Anyway, that puts ALL of us in the early days. Everyone's input is helpful. Hopefully, we can pull the whole group into September.

I read something on another thread that has been a game changer for me. We know that attitude is everything in this challenge. We think about what we will tell friends. We think about events way into the future. But what if we stop looking at this as a negative thing we are somehow forced to do? Here's what I read, "Embrace sobriety as a rare and honorable choice." (Posted by FreeOwl). Look at it as something to be proud of!

Happy Saturday classmates!

Last edited by benice; 08-22-2015 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-22-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Key, looks like I was typing at the same time you were. Look at you with day 33!
Old 08-22-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Benice...seems like we were on the same thought process too...I am thinking the same thing that I need to look at this from a different point of view and I need to re-group my attitude..thanks for that post!
Old 08-22-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 2 for me.

I managed to sleep a little better last night. Still sweating and having weird dreams, but at least I didn't wake up every 2 hours in panic.

I woke up shivering, heart pounding, still having anxiety in the morning. Right now I have very little energy.

Sorry for the whiny post...I hope the day gets better...
Old 08-22-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Staying positive. Can't take showers for 3 days, something's up with the plumbing. Going to the beach tomorrow.