Old 08-22-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

MilitiARGH, what do you mean, no back-patting? No, "hey, way to go?"
Old 08-22-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

nope
Old 08-22-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

I like alfredo, but it absolutely sucks for a leftover, doesn't it? Who wants to reheat a cream / milk based sauce, right? That's just gross.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
I like alfredo, but it absolutely sucks for a leftover, doesn't it? Who wants to reheat a cream / milk based sauce, right? That's just gross.
Yep, agree about the Alfredo. I just had leftover eggplant puttanesca pasta for breakfast, just felt like it , and it was yummy.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Some things you just can't reheat!!

Hoping to get down to the each later with hubby and friends. That should pass most of the day. I am home all alone now. Rather than get into my own head, or worse yet...drink, I decided to post.
Seems as though we are all okay.

Enjoy the day all xo
Old 08-22-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Got the apartment today though. He's coming down on the 26th, so he has a nice room, and we just need to do that initial shopping trip. That's always the most expensive one, isn't it? You have to get everything -- from salt to cooking oil to towels to dishes and ziploc bags, and everything else. There goes another $1000 out the window.

I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I just know I'm tired of being alone, but couldn't take the pain of going through another actual break up right now in life, so I came up with this solution. I asked him if he has some friends in this city, and he said he doesn't, which sucks. I'd sleep better at night knowing he has some friends to hang out with. Asked him if he was ok to stay alone though, and he said he had no problem with it, so that's cool.

I don't know, but this still bugs me. Must be the good hearted Canadian in me. He's totally up for it though, and getting him setup with an apartment like this minimizes my chance of getting hurt, so I should be fine with it.

Around here, there's loads of hotels called "maa ruut", which translated technically means "curtain motel", and that's exactly what they are. There's huge hotels, hundreds of rooms each like this. Nice places and excellent rooms -- main difference is compared to a standard hotel is these places have an individual driveway for your room, plus curtain, so you can hide your vehicle from your wife.

For Western standards, sounds pretty atrocious, but it's totally acceptable here. It's one of those things that everyone does, but nobody talks about, and you definitely don't bring it into your home.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Whew hot day in the sun at racetrack. No wrecks so far though, so good day on the ambulance !
Old 08-22-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

What kind of cars JL?
Old 08-22-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Private members racetrack place. Souped up ferraris down to miatas.
Today is shifter kart group racing. Go karts that go about 85-90mph.
( nuts if you ask me), but the part time job pays the groceries !
Old 08-22-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Hi! I am late to the party but would like to join this! I'm on Day 4. Have a horrible headcold that started yesterday, but aside from that am feeling great.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Hello! I had a great day yesterday! I felt hopeful, I felt able to look at my mistakes and the future mess I must deal with due to them, and think that out of the trial/pain will spring a better future. Then I couldn't sleep and am having a very low day today. I hate how moods can shift!!! I also hate my lifelong battle with anxiety. Will be having several get togethers with drinking friends. I am so mad at the misery that alcohol caused me, I am not going to partake. I look back at my former failed attempts and want to cringe. I keep thinking that if I would have stopped sooner things would be so much better now. Ah well, can only move forward, that is life😀. Have a great Saturday and be strong!
Lilly
Old 08-22-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

I'm debating whether or not I should set the record straight with one of my sister in laws. I just found out, she recently made my mom cry. I'm sorry, but that's my my mom we're talking about. If you F with her, then you're F'ing with me

She's my mom, I love her to no end, and will protect her at all costs. Simple as.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

My trip to urgent care was postponed by unexpected work. I'll head tomorrow. I'm nervous to ask for antabuse. But, I guess, the worst the doc can say is no? Also the drug itself sounds like it has some potentially undesirable side effects. Drinking on the antidepressant is discouraged so maybe that'll be enough? Idk.

Feeling tired but strong in my hate for alcohol at the moment.

Going to try and pinpoint triggers and work out a sobriety plan. I heard somewhere that playing 10 minutes of tetris is supposed to distract your mind enough when a craving hits. Lol.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Late evening of the day 6 , I made it through and had a wonderful day . Made a big step and told about my alcoholism to my best friend , I feel even more free now as I have a full support from her . She is the first person to know about my situation and I'm so blessed to have a friend like her .
Old 08-22-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Day 2 is not going well...the mood swings are brutal...20 minutes sad, 20 minutes depressed, 20 minutes empowered and full of energy, 20 minutes that I can't stand anybody around me, 20 minutes crying...

I am exhausted and it's only 3pm...
Old 08-22-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Home from a beautiful afternoon at the beach!

Welcome rednails!
Lilly...I'm glad to see you seem to be trying to figure this out in your head. I'm thinking of you xo

Troy, this sounds like an interesting set up, but if it's works for all then okay...I wish you the best

Happy to say, I feel good after first day sober......again!!!
I am getting dinner ready for family then quiet evening at home

Stay well all xo
Old 08-22-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Hi all...
So, day, 14 and I'm sitting at home watching Steel Magnolias. It's been a very long time since I've been able to watch a film to the end and remember it!
One small thing to be thankful for!
Sleep is another - my sleep schedule has gotten 100% better...
And I've realised I have saved about 150 Euros in the last two weeks.
Three things to be happy about!
Hope everyone else is doing okay.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Had a week of sober and fell off the wagon of last night. I will not give up and start a new sober life hate this hangover. God bless everyone I did reach out to my current girlfriend who I'm going to break up with because she drinks and I need to get away from that. I'm a stubborn person and I know I can get through this. I can't do it alone I do see a doctor about this. I will see him again next week and ask him for further advise. He is a addiction medical doctor.
God bless you all and stay strong and sober.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

I'm checking in here. I don't know what to say, really, to people for some reason, right now. I'm sorry about that.

Today I did a comprehensive report for work with absolutely zero anxiety. Spreadsheet and all. It was absolutely no big deal. (In the sense that I did not sweat over my ability to do it, when to do it, how to do it, why do it, etc. It was, in fact, a big deal to do it. And it was a big deal that I did it, because I had this ridiculous anxiety about very basic responsibilities in my job and I drank and drank over really basic things, only to skate through with something passable at the last, hungover, second.) My report was due Monday so I thought I'd just get it in Saturday so I won't have to think about it.

Now I'm going for a walk in the state park. All of this simplicity is really pleasant.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Jemma and bexxed, glad to hear of your successes. Life is very simple when not drunk!
Humbug...welcome back and keep posting.