Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 3

Old 08-23-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Day 7 for me. Can't believe it's been a week , wasn't so hard when I think now it just looked worse on the first days . Had a roller coaster of emotions today about various things but as the day is going feeling better. Alcohol disgusts me more and more each day , especially when I forced myself to watch a documentary what it does to our bodies ( I was in denial before and scared ) . I'm not going to give up and and treat my body well from now on
Old 08-23-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Love the positive posts today!

I have a Sunday story. Last week some folks were talking about what to do with their new free time, so I’ll share my Mom’s answer. When she moved to a new city, she actually “shopped” for a church. She had been a Presbyterian, but thought all christian churches are very much the same, and she would rather pick her church by the friends she would make. She spent several Sundays going to all the churches near her new home. Eventually, she picked the Baptist church because she liked the ladies there the best. Seriously. She chose well, as these ladies were her dear friends for nearly 20 years. She passed away about 2 years ago. I miss that wise woman.

Happy Sunday class!
Old 08-23-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gjess View Post
Day 7 for me. Can't believe it's been a week , wasn't so hard when I think now it just looked worse on the first days . Had a roller coaster of emotions today about various things but as the day is going feeling better. Alcohol disgusts me more and more each day , especially when I forced myself to watch a documentary what it does to our bodies ( I was in denial before and scared ) . I'm not going to give up and and treat my body well from now on
What was the documentary Gjess?
Old 08-23-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Evening all
Common theme here with the disturbed sleep. Good to know it's not just me! Just went to the garage I normally by my wine and got a bucket load of fatty treats. Now settling down to watch game of thrones. My bruises from my last drinkathon are morphing into spectacular abstract works of art. Hang in there everyone!
Old 08-23-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Do your best

Love your Avatar SwimKen
Old 08-23-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Cherry Halley- old before my time . That was just one of documentaries I watched but can't remember others as I found it accidentally
Old 08-23-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Good afternoon. It's been a busy day of cleaning around here. The boys are now out riding four wheelers. They should be nice and hungry for some homemade pizza in a few hours. I really start cooking and baking while sober. Keeps me busy and keeps my family very happy.
A bit sad at the moment. We had an outdoor cat and she had 3 kittens they were 8 weeks old on Friday. Hubby just went to take the car to vaccume it out and ran over all of them. they liked to hang out under there but we're good about getting away when the car started. They were probably confused by all of the four wheeler noise. One of the kittens we had just about talked hubby into letting us bring into the house to keep. But it was not to be.
AV is a tinsy bit noisier today, but I think I'm doing good keeping it at bay.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Awww, ChickChick, I'm sorry to hear about the cats. That sucks.

I had a guy who got run over as well. My BFs little brother showed up one morning with 8 little 3 week old pups, so off to the market I went to buy every store around out of milk. Nursed them up to 8 weeks old, then gave as many away as we could. Here the little puff balls are:

I already had one dog, then ended up keeping two out of that litter. Here's some more photos of them:

The white guy still basically looks the same, as he was full grown then. I called the other two Rocky and Boxer. I still have Boxer (the brown guy), but Rocky unfortunately met his demise a little too early.

Check him out.

What an absolute cutie, eh? Really, tough to find cuter than that, right? He unfortunately was totally fearless, and ended up getting run over. Not just once, but twice. First time didn't quite do him in, but second time definitely did.

Thankfully I now have a nice large yard, so my boys aren't allowed on the street any more, as they have more than enough room here to get all the exercise they need.
Old 08-23-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

They are gorgeous Troy! Sorry about Rocky.
I think in the not to distant future we will get a dog. Possibly around christmas. I have 20 new chicks headed my way this week and old like to get them going before worrying about a dog. Ours died last summer.
Old 08-23-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Just found out something exciting about next weekend and my mind automatically said oh, go get some beer now. Darn pesky voice. I thunk I'll go pop some popcorn and pour a glass of juice. No doubt I'll be happier in the morning doing that instead.
Old 08-23-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Good stuff ChickChick. Do you like anything different on your popcorn? Cheese, caramel, anything like that? I remember there was this Ms. Spice we used to get when I was a kid, and I loved it.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Forgot to eat today, which is no good, but do have a steak defrosted in the chiller. I'll ensure to eat it first thing tomorrow, because tomorrow is the good ole fun detox day again, and detox is a whole lot easier on a full belly.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

I put some cayenne and nutritional yeast on it. That's been my favorite lately. My boys love for me to make kettle corn.
It worked, feeling better. Making green smoothies now. It had to be better than beer calories right?
Old 08-23-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

I couldn't make it today. I went to pick up my son at a children's birthday party. I didn't expect to find the other moms drinking wine there...peer pressure...cravings...I was totally unprepared...and caved in.

I feel bad, but I am not going to let it stop me. I need to learn what to do if the same situation happens again. Lesson learned. Resetting the clock.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you find the right plan and right support to help you stop.

It's a side note but I find the drinking by adults at a kids party really 'off' - especially when it's time to go home and everyone heads to their cars with kids in tow.

Don't misunderstand me - I'm not a parent and if I had been I would have doubtless done the same but worse..I'm not blasting you or anyone else.

I just find it one of those weird societal things that boggle my mind now.

I think you're better than that Patricia - you just have to believe it.

Make a definite plan - get some outside help if you're really finding this difficult - doctor, counsellor, outpatient rehab - what ever it takes..
D
Old 08-23-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

You're right Dee. I know these moms. I went to yoga classes with them a few months ago...and after all that healthy stuff we ended up having sushi and sake at the restaurant next door...I knew their kids would be at the party...I should have known better.

I don't want to tell my son not to hang out with their kids,,,,I'm not sure what to do, he loves those kids...maybe next time I'll get someone else to pick my son up...I really don't know what to do...
Old 08-23-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Day 23. Keep up the good work peeps. So sorry about the kitties.... I love cats and it upsets me. Must be devastating. My new favorite drink is seltzer with lime. Carbonated and zero calories. Also started making homemade organic popcorn with coconut oil. You can eat a lot without a ton of calories. Have a great productive day tomorrow everyone!
Old 08-23-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Good evening all, thought I would check in. I'm pleased to read everyone encouraging eachother here.

I can't quite seem to beat feeling bad about myself. I think it is because I drank last Sunday and I can't bring myself to tell my sponsor. I've relapsed so many times. Walked back up for my 24 hours so many times. I'm so done with this. The shame is awful.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Administrator

don't let the shame dictate your action tho seeclear.
Keep this secret may make you feel worse?

D
Old 08-23-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Hello Class

I haven't posted in awhile and just wanted to wish everyone in the class all the best in their recovery. Today is my day 7 and it has been quite a week as I am sure everyone understands. The anxiety level decreasing helps to make up for the exhaustion from lack of sleep! I live in a downtown area and the bars, and often drunk people, are everywhere, but hope to be able to maintain this. I am happy to be a part of this class and wish you all a great week.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you hopeful - congrats on your week

D