Notices

Class of May 2015 Part 6

Old 07-16-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

I have a friend who swears by Trazadone, RT. She takes just a fraction of the pill and says she has to be IN bed when she takes it cause it hits her so fast. She might just be a light-weight. Worth a shot, though.

Hey, everyone! Casey, huge congrats to you. Awesome achievement for sure. Agag, so sorry you're not feeling so great right now. Often when men need to void frequently during the night, it's prostate-related. Better get that checked if it continues. The cranberry juice idea was a good one. Hope you get your mojo back soon.

Who else said they feel awful and are in their 40'ish day of sobriety? Mood swings, terrible sleep, etc. I'm sorry for you, too! Sounds like the dreaded PAWS is at work. Better try some homeopathic something or others to get you on the road to feeling better. Any ideas??

Hugs to everyone on this fine Thursday. Unbelievably comfortable weather-wise here in CT. Low 70's, sunny, light breeze and low humidity. What a gift! So nice to have all a/c and fans turned off. I normally hate the noise of the traffic but today it's a nice change.

I'm broiling a pork tenderloin and will soon be noshing on it. Hope I don't over cook it cause my meat thermometer died.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Congrats Casey on your huge milestone! That's awesome. Just read your post on the newcomers thread and it was great. So inspiring.

Cissy, broiling a pork tenderloin... yum! I missed lunch today and am starving. Can't wait to get out of work in a few hours.

Hugs to all struggling and congrats to all achieving milestones. This place is awesome!
Old 07-16-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Copper442 View Post
Thanks, Kale. I don't know if I ever said it, but I'm really glad to have you back around.

I really hope you are able to get consistently good sleeps soon. I know how miserable that is. It's awesome to think though that once we overcome these obstacles it is within our power to never experience them again!
Thank you, Copper, that's so sweet of you. I'm so glad we're here together, too.
Will be keeping you in my prayers for a successful surgery and swift recovery.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cissy View Post
I have a friend who swears by Trazadone, RT. She takes just a fraction of the pill and says she has to be IN bed when she takes it cause it hits her so fast. She might just be a light-weight. Worth a shot, though.

Who else said they feel awful and are in their 40'ish day of sobriety? Mood swings, terrible sleep, etc. I'm sorry for you, too! Sounds like the dreaded PAWS is at work. Better try some homeopathic something or others to get you on the road to feeling better. Any ideas??

Hugs to everyone on this fine Thursday. Unbelievably comfortable weather-wise here in CT. Low 70's, sunny, light breeze and low humidity. What a gift! So nice to have all a/c and fans turned off. I normally hate the noise of the traffic but today it's a nice change.

I'm broiling a pork tenderloin and will soon be noshing on it. Hope I don't over cook it cause my meat thermometer died.
Whenever I hear the word trazedone, I remember the dinner scene of "Silver Linings Playbook." I also hoope that helps you, RT.
I know I'm a health nut (yes, the irony not lost on me), but a diet of lots of greens and other veggies (especially cruciferous), berries, beans, and some raw nuts/seeds, can be beneficial for the brain and general well being. It's worth a shot (no side effects except for possible gas lol).
Cissy, your weather sounds sooo ideal. Enjoy!!
Old 07-16-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surrender2win View Post
Congrats Casey on your huge milestone! That's awesome. Just read your post on the newcomers thread and it was great. So inspiring.

Cissy, broiling a pork tenderloin... yum! I missed lunch today and am starving. Can't wait to get out of work in a few hours.

Hugs to all struggling and congrats to all achieving milestones. This place is awesome!
So nice to see you here, S2W!
Old 07-16-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Surrender2win View Post
Thanks for the kind words and so happy you checked in here, Surrender2win! You're getting darn close to the two month mark yourself. Two more days, right?

Glad you've stayed so active helping others on the Newcomers board and on the 24-hour thread.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Cissy, that sounds delicious.

Kale, I definitely appreciate all the prayers I can get!

Hi Surrender!!!
Old 07-16-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Checking in- sober on a Thursday!

Going to a dinner tonight with my gal group that I have been pretty much avoiding oh, since my sobriety date. I don't feel tempted to drink, and feel confident having rehearsed "I don't drink anymore". And, I will say it with pride, not shame or embarrassment. If they hang in for the long run, great. If not- well, that is fine, too. If alcohol is the only thing that has kept us together, then it is not a relationship I need or want to be in.

My sobriety takes precedence above everything.

I will check in when I get in tonight.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wishing you the best tonight, Dharma, and looking forward to your check-in!
Old 07-16-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

I hope you have a good time tonight, Dharma. I look forward to hearing how it went.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Copper

I hope you work out what else you need to do nmd - this thing plays for keeps.

D
Old 07-16-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good luck, Dharma! We love you no matter what.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Good evening! Spending the evening on the couch tonight researching healthy recipes and stuff. I am going to put together a fantastic meal plan for next week.

That's about it for today. No temptation to drink. I am excited that my daughter will be home in about 55 hours. I am counting down. She requested that enchiladas are waiting for her when she gets here.

Good job to all of my sober friends today! And like the others said, if you slip up, don't be afraid to come back. That's what we're here for and I know how helpful it can be to come back to this class to help get my head on straight.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee!

Allie, feel free to ship some of them enchiladas my way.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting to wind down. Day 70 has been a nice one. Got a ton of great responses, both public and private, to my post on the Newcomers board. That made me feel good.

I did end up going swimming with my nephew this afternoon. Got some good sun but not enough to burn for sure. So proud of my nephew. He's nine years old and autistic but has made some absolutely huge strides in both physical activities and his social skills over the last few months. It was nice to see him actually playing with others today.

Took a hardcore nap when I got home. Cooked a nice dinner, though I second the request for some enchiladas from AllieZ. You can send them with my toaster that I'm still waiting on.

Just got back from an 8 pm AA meeting. Topic was step three. Darn good meeting again. I got to hand out sobriety chips to anyone deserving and/or desirous of one today. That was nice.

Grateful for SR. Grateful for this class in particular. Grateful for my recovery. Grateful for my nice big television that I'm about to go plop in front of. I have decided to return the video game system I bought yesterday. There are better things to do with my time right now. Have a nice night everyone! I'm sure I'll probably check in at some point again before I fall asleep.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Casey, your nephew sounds like a sweetheart. I used to watch a child with Down Syndrome. I know they are completely different but I have a super soft spot for children with challenges to overcome. They never cease to amaze me. Glad the meeting was a good one!

AllieZ...I dig it!

Off to bed myself. Glad to be going to bed sober. It's nice not puking in my shower every morning anymore. See you guys in the morning!!
Old 07-16-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hey Class!

I'm home and sober. I had a very nice time. Beyond that, I actually had fun. Yes, fun without drinking! We talked, laughed, caught up and after a while, I forgot all about drinking/ not drinking.

When I got there, the 3 ladies I am closest with were already seated. After I ordered sparkling water, one said- "I sure hope you are ordering something stronger than that!" So I told them no, this is all I am having because I don't drink anymore. The questions began- pregnant, something medical? Not drinking ever again or just for a while?

So I explained I was drinking just too much- it was getting way beyond what is considered normal consumption, so I decided to just stop altogether. And yes, this is a permanent lifestyle change.

The conversation that ensued was everyone else chiming in as to how much they drank (some members told me this would happen, and it certainly did). However, they were also very supportive.

Anyway, then that was that. My Voss sparking water with lime suited me just fine.
I had planned an early exit, only to order appetizers, but after I settled in I felt comfortable enough to finish dinner with them.

Today was a good day.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good going Dharma

D
Old 07-16-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Proud of and happy for you, Dharma! And thanks so much for checking in. I wasn't worried about you but still wanted to know how it went because I care. Mostly because I care. Also because I'm a bit nosy too.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:41 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Dee- on my way home I thought, "This must be what Dee refers to as 'building sober muscles'"!

Thanks, Casey!!! What's the new normal for me is keeping my word. I was thinking during dinner, I promised my class an update when I get home! My drinking self would make the promise and simultaneously break it, you know?