View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Starting to wind down. Day 70 has been a nice one. Got a ton of great responses, both public and private, to my post on the Newcomers board. That made me feel good.

I did end up going swimming with my nephew this afternoon. Got some good sun but not enough to burn for sure. So proud of my nephew. He's nine years old and autistic but has made some absolutely huge strides in both physical activities and his social skills over the last few months. It was nice to see him actually playing with others today.

Took a hardcore nap when I got home. Cooked a nice dinner, though I second the request for some enchiladas from AllieZ. You can send them with my toaster that I'm still waiting on.

Just got back from an 8 pm AA meeting. Topic was step three. Darn good meeting again. I got to hand out sobriety chips to anyone deserving and/or desirous of one today. That was nice.

Grateful for SR. Grateful for this class in particular. Grateful for my recovery. Grateful for my nice big television that I'm about to go plop in front of. I have decided to return the video game system I bought yesterday. There are better things to do with my time right now. Have a nice night everyone! I'm sure I'll probably check in at some point again before I fall asleep.