Notices

Class of May 2015 Part 6

Old 07-18-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Haha! Casey, I can picture a line of dancing bananas. Just as good as the real thing. We are actually at day 62. With the extra days of the past two months it comes out weird. Btw, my dog and I appear to be friends again today. I'm sure she will step on me or fart in my general direction and we won't be on speaking terms again. She isn't much of a lady. I love dogs, though. When you are able to get one what breed do you think you will get?

Ruff, sorry about the sleep issues. Up until about a few days ago I was having all sorts of issues. Congrats on 50 days. Just keep pushing through. It does get better.

Kale, I'm sorry about the funeral. Super job on three weeks. I can't wait to celebrate a month with you!

Site, good to see you! I can't imagine being away from my bed for more than a day. I don't know how you do it.

Not much going on with me today. Still in a good mood. I think things are leveling out. I did have a scary drinking dream last night. I hate those. Especially waking up and having to convince yourself that it didn't actually happen.

Have a nice day, guys.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I meant congrats on two months. That's what I get for getting sidetracked by images of dancing bananas floating in my head.

Copper and Surrender -- congrats on TWO MONTHS!

EDIT: I wanted the line of dancing bananas to be much longer than five bananas, but this stupid forum won't let me use more than five images in one post. BOO!!!!
Old 07-18-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Copper442 View Post
When you are able to get one what breed do you think you will get?
Probably a lab of some kind. I love those big ol' dumb but loyal dogs.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Checking in on Day 68. Sounds like everyone is doing really well. I've been okay but battling extreme fatigue the last week-ish. Also have this annoying pain in my hips that seems to be getting worse. I do have Lupus, so it could be that, but the fatigue is really kicking my ass. Hoping it passes soon. Anybody else deal with this? I'm assuming it's all part of recovery process, but one would think at 68 days I'd be feeling better.

Have a lovely Saturday all
Old 07-18-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!!

Dancing bananas!! Love it

Now, I'll probably be dreaming of dancing bananas... haha

Hope everyone had a great sober Saturday!
Old 07-18-2015, 10:18 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Just got home from work. It's after midnight so day 72 is over and day 73 is kinda beginning. We were absolutely CRAZY busy tonight. I had an extra table in my section all night and I did not stop running for almost eight hours. But everything went pretty smooth and I made the best money that I've made at this new (well, still sorta new) job yet. Basically I made enough tonight to pay for half of next month's rent. Though this money is going in the car fund as I've already paid my rent.

I'm pooped. Going to write in my journal and put on a dumb episode of some show I've seen a million times before and try to wind down a little before crashing.

Very very quiet day in here today. Cissy, how are you doing?
Old 07-18-2015, 10:48 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday!

Day off for me today. I'm going to stay in and take it easy , read and watch tv. I've been extra tired this week so I'm looking forward to it! Maybe even a bath later.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:10 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

10AM and I've cut myself on my room's window 3 times! That corner is seriously sharp, but the view outside is so pretty!
Old 07-19-2015, 01:15 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds very much like me Site...

Hamster 2, Dee 0
Old 07-19-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Haha, Dee, we can all relate! :-)
Old 07-19-2015, 02:56 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Enjoy your day off, Site! A little duct tape on that corner should do it. :-)
I was keyed up last night and exhausted at the same time, and ended up sleeping very little. Still so much better than being hungover. I'll take lack of sleep any time.
AV kicked in yesterday, but I have a long list (on paper in my purse) and a short list (on my phone) to refer to when that happens, and when I'm a little rattled or overtired. It's working out well, thank God.
Yes, Cissy and nmd, hope you're doing OK.
Casey, great that you're making good money. You'll have enough saved for a car in no time!
Ginamarie, I don't know about fatigue at that point of sobriety, or if it could be from lupus. I hope it gets better.
Copper and Surrender, great on 2 months!!
Wishing all a lovely Sunday!
Old 07-19-2015, 03:04 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Rufftime, hope your sleep is getting a bit better now. I'm thinking that if you can sleep better, everything else will be improved, too (anxiety, etc). I know I tend to feel overwhelmed over small things when I'm really tired and have to remember that it's the fatigued me that's reacting and to be patient with myself. Congrats on all your sober time and keeping strong despite fatigue and anxiety. It really is admirable!
Old 07-19-2015, 03:08 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

And Allie, 4TK and Dharma and others, hope you are doing well, too!
Old 07-19-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good morning, Mayflowers! Kinda starting day 73 here. Still pooped from last night. I think after I finish posting in here, I'm going to try and sleep for another hour or two. But I'm hungry too, so maybe I'll just cook some breakfast.

Work tonight. I'm sure it'll be a little slower shift, but I'd be OK if it's not as long as I make the same money I made last night.

site -- you're supposed to look OUT the window, not try to go through it. Enjoy your day off!

Dee -- too funny!

Kale -- liked your morning messages on the July 2015 thread. You're doing great! Sorry to hear your addiction was giving you fits yesterday--don't forget that we're here. I've found that a quick post admitting I'm having thoughts of drinking usually takes away much of the potential threat of those thoughts.

I hemmed and hawed about whether it was correct to post this here but I guess I'm leaning on the side of 'yes'. AllieK messaged me yesterday saying she was bowing out of this class and giving moderation another try. I hope she changes her mind. She'll always be a Mayflower. That's all I have to say on that subject.

Hope to see others pop in soon. Have a happy and sober Sunday!
Old 07-19-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  
nmd

Originally Posted by AllieKat View Post
Nmd how does your girlfriend fit into your plan? Is she supportive and if so would she consider sharing sobriety with you? It is really hard to stay sober with a significant other who is actively drinking.
She is supportive but she doesn't want to stop drinking. If she did at some point, i would rather she come to that decision on her own for herself rather than feel she is doing it for me or because if me. Her part in my plan really comes down to accepting me not drinking. I am ok with her choice to drink.

Originally Posted by Copper442 View Post
nmd, I appreciate your take on doing the hard work to stop drinking on one's own. However, if you think about it, no matter how much help/tools one uses, it still ultimately comes down to the individual to put those things to use. No one can make us get and stay sober. There is no shame is using any form of healthy tools/tips/support to bolster our own efforts.
Yeah, we have to do it on our own, but it makes sense to use all the tools available. I definately hear what you are saying. I'm terrible at asking for help.

I got through the graduation party finally. Now the cleanup . :-O
Old 07-19-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
nmd

Congrats on two months copper and
Surrender!
Old 07-19-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  
nmd

Foundthe first egg this morning. :-)

Attachment 27503

I'm making this my new day one. I won't pick up the first drink no matter what. I'll come here and post, pick up the phone, something. But I won't drink.

Last edited by nmd; 10-02-2023 at 10:41 AM.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

It's going to be a super hot one today, for us anyway. Around 90 which I absolutely hate. Looking at facebook this morning, it looks like everyone i know is at the beach! And I gotta work..... Oh well.

We did the water park thing the other day which was fun. My one son, who has been living in another state for about a year has decided to come back here so he should be here maybe later on tonight - so excited to see him!

guess this is all I got going on. Congrats to everyone who is doing so well!! I plan to keep on keeping on and be the best me that I can!!

Have an awesome day everyone!!
Old 07-19-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Kale -- liked your morning messages on the July 2015 thread. You're doing great! Sorry to hear your addiction was giving you fits yesterday--don't forget that we're here. I've found that a quick post admitting I'm having thoughts of drinking usually takes away much of the potential threat of those thoughts.

I hemmed and hawed about whether it was correct to post this here but I guess I'm leaning on the side of 'yes'. AllieK messaged me yesterday saying she was bowing out of this class and giving moderation another try. I hope she changes her mind. She'll always be a Mayflower. That's all I have to say on that subject.
Thanks, Casey! I should post when the AV kicks in. It would probably make us laugh seeing the ridiculous things that pop into my head!
Will be keeping Allie in my thoughts and prayers, thanks for letting us know. I've tried moderation many times over. 'Nuff said. And yes, she'll always be welcome as a Mayflower.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nmd View Post
Foundthe first egg this morning. :-)
I'm making this my new day one. I won't pick up the first drink no matter what. I'll come here and post, pick up the phone, something. But I won't drink.
Nmd, it's a beauty, that egg.
Yay, you'll be living up to your name!
I'll post myself when the AV comes knocking--I tend not to, but I think it's a good thing to do.
But support or no support, I won't drink. With you on that!