Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 14

Old 07-19-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

I should've just kept my mouth shut. This is why I don't like talking about feelings.

I'm going to quit complaining about it on here. I'm just going to pretend that nothing ever happened and when this is over I am going to forget about it.

I am sick. I am very emotionally and physically drained.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Soli- what. a. nightmare. The part about the surprise guests coming thru your bedroom for the surprise house tour took the cake for me. Hang in there! I've dealt with similar challenges. You can do this.

Everyone- hope you're doing well. I can't believe how quickly the summer is passing by. I had my first relaxing Saturday today since I don't know when.

Even though I don't post a lot, I think of you all often.

Love my fools!

, I
Old 07-19-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

And when I say,"you can do this"... I mean you can survive this. You can get thru this. You can not let this defeat you. Bc believe me, that truly does sound like a nightmare. But you sound like the kind of person with a lot of quiet inner strength. I know your mom would be so proud of you .

Also- ST, I'm so happy for you and your time. I can so see you being someone that helps to bring healing to others as well.

Top- hope your trip went well! You're just an inspiration, as always .

Present and Kitten- congrats on umpteen days!

Adna- glad your marathon is over. Sounds like you had a great time in the middle of it all.

❤️
Old 07-19-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Oh Solil - I'm sorry. Stay strong! Think big reward when this is done and you're still sober! Massage, pedicure, a new outfit, sneakers....

Big hugs.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

I was perusing the kids' section at the library for a couple of potty training books for my youngest and came across this book.

Talk about a good reminder of why I'm here trying to kick this. I had a brief fast forward to my hubby reading this with the kids.....I NEVER want that to happen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (106.7 KB, 38 views)
Old 07-20-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sorry to hear that they aren't leaving today soli and that you are sick on top of that.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

They ended up leaving.

My husband convinced me to the Doctor, who prescribed Z PAK because my throat looked "gnarly". I don't like Z pak but I'm glad I went today because if I waited until tomorrow and it got worse I would've had to take the kids.

Well I'm on day 14 and pretty proud of myself. Other than being physically I'll, I feel good.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday
Old 07-20-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Yay!! Well done Solil. Deep breath.

I have officially caught your virtual cold. Lol. Head and throat. Miserable. I took a quick hot bath and put some eucalyptus oil in it. That was nice.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Solil, ..Glad things worked out and you and Kat are able to kick that bug ASAP !

Kat,
Really like the expressions of those baby bears.
,,,and the young one's stuffed baby bear !?!

Izzy,
Glad to hear your summer's going so well !
The trip to Tenn. was so fun, getting to spend time with those beautiful girls is indescribable . Their latest favorite movie is * Frozen *. Never forget how they jumped up and starting singing along and doing Elsa's choreographed stage moves when they were rolling the credits, ...with "Let It Go" playing. One of the 4 year old twins did that the first time she saw the film !?

Love Anna's character.

Back to work this evening, ....it'll feel like rest compared to the home projects the last 4 days..

Still no cycling, ....when these physical projects slow down maybe.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I've been reading about post-acute withdrawal symptoms (PAWS). It's quite interesting. Seems that tiredness is one of the common symptoms, and can last on and off for some time. The suggestion is that our brains could take up to 2 years to replenish all of the neurotransmitters which addiction messed with.

I don't mind, in fact I think this is good news. It means there's a chance my energy levels will eventually get back to normal, and my brain will continue to get healthier. I can wait as long as it takes, and I definitely won't be voluntarily messing with my brain cells again.

I'm imagining that any relapse will just undo any healing that has already taken place.

91 days alcohol free, still tired, but so much more confident and clear headed than I have been for a long time.

Hope everyone's up for starting this week strong.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Hi guys I took my stand 4.8.14... 12 days before my 32 birthday. I am happy to be sober. I am gland to be the class of April
Old 07-20-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Tops - Frozen was such a good movie! However, I've seen it about 10 times now. I also like Anna's character. I think my daughter wants to have a Frozen themed birthday party since it's in the middle of winter.

Geno - Hi! Well done on your sobriety. This is a really, really great class. Post away as much as you want!

Solil - I hope you get some peace tonight!!

Fools - this cold is nasty. I'm going to take some Nyquil in a bit and hope it fulfills both purposes - some sleep, and symptom relief. I need both. First, some cookies and cream ice cream.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

About to take an Alkaseltzer pm and hope that damn dog doesn't wake me up at 1:15 and 2:30am barking repetitively like last night>

Hope you feel better AK! I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of Frozen themed bday party ideas online hahaha. I've only seen the movie once and I thought it was pretty awesome too. I had "Let it Go" stuck in my head for a long time after that but it was actually kind of helpful considering my stress levels at the time.

Freein 2 yrs does seem long... When you're imagining the future. I usually put time frames into perspective by thinking of things that happened that amount of time in the past. Like if I think of things that took place the summer before last it is crazy to think it has been 2 years! It'll be here before you know it. Especially with the track your on. Good job!

Hi Geno! Welcome, fool!
Old 07-20-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

There's so many good Let It Go parodies out there!!

Waiting for NyQuil to kick in.....and I have no current book or TV show to watch. Gotta work on that!
Old 07-20-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Yep, same here. Probably will end up watching some crime show on Msnbc or something. I always tend to watch Lock Up, Cops, drug or murder shows late night. It's surprising they don't give me nightmares. But really there's slim pickin's this late and nothing I want to see on Netflix currently. I regret watching all of OITNB season 2 so fast.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:57 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Welcome Geno, great to hear you're on this sober journey with us. It's a bit of a roller coaster at times, but we're all moving forward day by day.

Kat, I hope you feel better today. Be kind to yourself.

I'm off to work, so will check in this eve.

Have a great day all Fools.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:57 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
About to take an Alkaseltzer pm and hope that damn dog doesn't wake me up at 1:15 and 2:30am barking repetitively like last night>

!
Solil,
I'm the last person to suggest to call the local non emergency line, but would suggest it to you in this scenario. I sleep so heavy, it's hard to imagine a dog waking me, as small jets flying over don't wake me up, ...and there's a kennel about a block away, but I'm sure those dogs are inside at that hour.

A deputy will speak to the owners and give them a warning if your local noise ordinance is anything like it is around here., ...

That usually get's the owner's attention, depending on the amount of the ticket, if they have to come back out there. Our deputies will not reveal who called either. They should also have time in the wee hours to make a visit to the house with the barking dog too.

If it was 5 in the afternoon, ..it may take a while for a deputy to show, but they have more time in the middle of the night.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:58 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Welcome Geno !
Old 07-21-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

I moved from a place with consant jet noise. Although I'm a light sleeper, that never bothered me. I actually kind of miss it! This dog pen is closer to our house, and coincidentally the corner in which my room is, than the person's house whose yard the dog is in. And it's not even that guys dog. It's his son's, who lives in an apartment across the street.
I'm too scared to complain but my husband said he'll do it if I keep a log for a week or so and record the days and times the dog barks. Then he will call up the chief and report it. He told me I should call at night when the dog is barking but this is a small town with only one or two law enforcment officers and I don't want to wake them.
We looked up the town ordinance and it's in there specifically that dog barking to the point of nuisance, day OR night, is a violation and the owner can be fined.

Ahhhhh my first full day with no guests since July 3rd. I'm still sick so I won't be accomplishing as much as I would've liked but it is nice to be able to fully relax.

I feel like changing my hair. I guess it's a typical female thing, we like to change our hair when our life changes. I think I want to go blonde again. YEah, it's higher maintance but maybe it'll be good to get my hair done more often. I'm considering getting a fun color in it too like pink or something. I just wish I didn't care so much about what people think of me. That's one thing I looked forward to when I knew we were moving to a place I didn't know anyone. I thought I wouldn't worry about their opinion of me. Well, that doesn't seem to be the case. YOu don't see much of anyhing out or the ordinary around here and I do not want to draw attention to myself.

I think I'll play the piano again today. The other day when everyone was gone I played. I was getting frustrated because I couldn't remember parts of some songs I used to play easily by heart. Then I thought about this church song I used to play when I was in like elementary school or middle school called "Bringing in the Sheaves". I was suprised it came to me very easily. Of course it's a pretty easy song but it had been many MANY years since I'd played it. Anyway I almost have that down by heart again and then I'm going to start brushing up on some other songs, and finally I'm going to learn "Don't Stop Believin" by Journey. I learned the first part a couple of years ago but prob forget now. I don't know why I never play. I always enjoy it when I do. Same with guitar but it's much easier to just sit down at the piano. Plus I don't feel like cutting my nails.

I'm on a caffiene fuelleed rampage. I better get off of here before I write a novel.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Soli - I hope you can get things sorted with that dog barking!! I very much understand how frustrating that can be.

I know about the hair thing, too. I just dyed mine again. I used to have fun colours actually, and I want to go back to that soooo badly...but I've just damaged my hair so much lately. So for now I have to stay away from the fun colours (I've had blue, purple, cherry red, flourescent pink, so many colours... waa) So yeah. Yay for hair changing!

Also, haha, the other day I sat down at the piano again for the first time in forever, too. I had a hard time remembering songs too!! Haha... I really should get back to playing too.

Anyway. I don't know how you all stay sober. But it makes me glad to see.
Maybe I don't want to live as badly as other people. Or something. I'm just super depressed right now.... I mean, I'm calling this Day 1 (last time I drank was saturday night...so I've had one full sober day and am now on day 2....but it's been one day so....day 1....blah) but how long can I do this?

I've been too scared to go to the walk in AA meetings. That could also be part of it. I can't wait until I can get into a sign-up one. I have an appointment with my counselour (the sobriety one) on wednesday so I can talk about that I hope. I haven't been to any meetings or outings for the last couple of weeks because I've been sick. So. That hasn't helped either.

Something keeps me coming back here. Even if I wanted to die, another part of me wants to live I guess. So........... I shall keep trekking. Through this damn ******* wilderness.

Last edited by Dee74; 07-21-2014 at 05:48 PM.