Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 14

Old 07-24-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days Obo !!!
Always heard that very thing in meetings, and now truly believe it's equally applicable to the support here at SR.

Kitten, ...so encouraging to hear your anxiety has been improving to *manageable* these past few weeks.

Freein, ....I can see how your OH feels. It took me a year to figure out how a room
mate's dog I eventually agreed to adopt basically cleared most of my natural wildlife. She was a sweet dog, but because she'd been abandoned with a litter in the woods very young, she hunted anything that touched the ground around here the rest of her days.

Adna, ..Hope you'll be recovering in a comfy spot today from traveling the long way ( all night long !?!! ) to sunny Fla.

So..ooo glad to over my workweek ! My boss left a note and wants me to work till 4 am, instead of 2am. Will have to check to see if it's only for the one night, or the whole season. Apparently we have a late, late night rowdy crowd at the resort this week who got cranked up after I left Tues night.

I may take a day off from the projects around here today, ...my hands and body feel pretty beat up this morning. A beach lounger and a good book seem to be in the cards, and hopefully a long overdue bike ride this evening if my hands will ease up.

Solil, ....how's everything going ?
I can hardly watch any local reporting about the weather these days, ...you'd swear the world was ending as we know it (every few weeks), and they go into a three week frenzy when a hurricane forms off the west coast of Africa.
I guess the DRAMA + WEATHER formula draws a larger audience !?
... my poor mom in assisted living could use a break from all that, for sure.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Yes, you're right Tops, I should have kept quiet. I'll make it clear that we can look after the little fellow temporarily until he can find a permanent loving home for him.

The beach lounger plan sounds good today, I'm hoping I can give it a go as well sometime tomorrow!

I've been ploughing through a pile of paperwork today. I've already sorted out a sack full to burn, and I'm only about a third of the way through it. I just let it pile up over the years. I'm enjoying clearing out clutter, I find it quite cathartic. Letting go of physical clutter seems to help with letting go of mental and emotional clutter.

Hope everyone's having a good day.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
I'm enjoying clearing out clutter, I find it quite cathartic. Letting go of physical clutter seems to help with letting go of mental and emotional clutter.
That's funny Freein - I am in the process of de-cluttering myself - I decided the same thing - Physical clutter = mental clutter. It really is cathartic.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! I know I haven't been on here in a bit. I've been SUPER busy. Traveling around the East Coast, reconnecting with old friends and trying to figure out just what I'm doing about my relationship (no answers on that front at the moment). Just wanted to come here and say that today is day 30 for me! These 30 days have felt like a blur, but also like a million years. But physically and emotionally (yay for reduced anxiety!) I feel better than I have in a long time
Old 07-24-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Great news on the 30 days Rocks !!
Old 07-24-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

That's awesome, rocks!
Old 07-24-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Howdy Fools,

Hope everyone's having a good week.

Rock- congrats on 30 days, that's awesome.

I feel like I've turned a corner in my recovery, so to speak. Realizing that I need to do life differently, really. It's about being intentional to live instead of zoning out on auto-pilot, which for me, meant being pretty passive about some things and then dealing with the discomfort by drinking.

Much easier said than done. But things y'all say have really helped me not feel alone.

I've realize that my whole life I've dealt with things unhealthfully. It just came to drinking in the end.

Anyway, I hope we're all becoming better at living our lives- not just stopping a bad habit but replacing it with what is so much better, for us and the ones we love.

And I love hearing about how each of you are doing that, specifically...

Obo- cuttin' down trees and the such ...

Top- always thinking of others and living life so wisely and kind.

Dee- dealing with chronic pain and uncertainty, soberly.

Adna! Living her life fully with her art and even among friends who would make an old lifestyle so easy... But she's doing what's not easy.

Soli- grieving the loss of her beautiful mother while dealing with inconsideration and anxiety, openly and honestly ...

Free- taking life by the reigns, seizing every opportunity and way more than making up for lost time while being so consistently encouraging of us all here.

Up- Sharing with us what he's learning along his journey as he continues to put one foot in front of another, doing the right thing even when he's not sure what his future holds.

Luc- seeking health and wholeness and understanding of it all.

Kat- giving it all she's got and refusing to give up.

Kitten- being steadfast and strong, pushing through the pain and knowing that there are brighter days ahead.

Present- finding peace amidst the storm...

Pan, turtle, Chick, Mariah, Stormi and all the other fools ... I hope you're doing well. Check in when you can!

This is SO HARD!

But it's SO GOOD!

Stay strong, fools!

❤️
Old 07-24-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Obo- when I think of you way over there with your sweetie working on your new home it so makes me smile! We need another story, btw ... What happens next on the bus?!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Izzy that was lovely. Thank you.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:02 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Yes, Izzy thank you for that beautiful post.

Rocks, I'm so happy for you. Especially pleased to hear that you're feeling better than you have for a long time. If you're anything like me, it keeps getting better too!

There's no reason to return to the darkness of addiction.

I have another day off today. My sister is hopefully popping in to have a chat about how we can best support our parents. We're trying to be as proactive as possible.

I'll also carry on with my decluttering regimen, and hope to have an hour or so chilling outside in the sun.

It's Friday here folks, so the Fools Bargain is reinstated, and don't forget the weekender thread. Our mission is to start and finish the weekend strong.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:06 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

The Fools Weekend Bargain:

1. Check in to SR and vent if needed, reach out for immediate support.

2. Drink something healthy.

3. Eat a tasty snack.

4. Take some exercise, ideally also some fresh air.

5. Take a nap, have a relaxing bath.

Have a happy sober weekend!
Old 07-24-2014, 11:54 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Hi izzy.......
Thanks for that!
Ok then fools bbq on the way!
Have a great weekend....
Old 07-25-2014, 12:35 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Hi izzy.......
Thanks for that!
Ok then fools bbq on the way!
Have a great weekend....
Old 07-25-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

On board with the Fools Bargain! I will be offline all weekend... my home internet is down and we can't get a tech to our house until Monday (that's what I get for living in my tiny hometown). I'm at work so I can post today, but after 5 I'm offline. Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!
Old 07-25-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days obo!! And 30 days Rock!!
Hope the rest of you fools are doing well today.

I'm on day 2 today. I have no idea what I am doing or how to make sobriety last but I'm here trying. That has to be better than nothing, right?
Old 07-25-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Chickchick, I wonder if it might be worth identifying all of your reasons for sobriety, everything you hope to gain from your healthy future. Perhaps writing it down would help to keep you focused when the AV makes an appearance.

I had many, many reasons to stop drinking, and only one reason to carry on (ie I liked to numb out). My key reason for a sober life is to keep my brain in as good condition as possible.

After just a few weeks I found different ways to relax, and the thought of "numbing out" no longer appealed.

I know we're all different but the need for alcohol does diminish when we let our brains recover.

I'm so happy your back on track, you can do this (if I can, anyone can!)
Old 07-25-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Present, have a great weekend, hope you're back on line on Monday.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Present- hope your weekend is awesome. "See you" soon

Chick- yes, being here does count, big time. I've had more than a few slip ups too but any step forward is progress. I believe that each time we fall, we learn and are that much better prepared for doing better the next time.

Free- that advice is so good for me to hear. I think it's so important for us to remember that we have to give our brains time to heal; that it won't always be this hard.

Obo-yes, a BBQ sounds good!

I'm a bargaining fool so I'm off to take a nap and then to dream up some kind of yummy snack.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:09 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Hey all! I'm working all night and am bored waiting on some servers to reboot.

ChickChick, it's way better than nothing. As long as you're still fighting this you're winning. And now I can hear a little Dee in my head who wants to ask you what you're planning on doing differently this time.

I hope your nap-n-snack went well, Izzy.

Whoops, servers are back up. OK, have a good weekend Fools!
Old 07-26-2014, 02:26 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Checking in for fools bargain!
Footy, sydney v hawthorn, should be a good hard match.
Mash potato mushrooms and brocoli
3 cans of coke.
Tim tams, a classic aussie biscuit.
Hope all the fools are ok!