Administrator

Class of April 2014 Part 14

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-13-a-21.html

D
Old 07-04-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Panacea View Post

I need to read and catch up with what is happening with the Fools (did I see something about chicken fighting or am I just tired?).
You did !! .... I saw it too !

Sounds like you're on the downhill side of that mammoth project Pan, .....good job !

kat, ....I'm not being a wise ass, but I think I see why the biking may be tough. Like running too slow can be a killer, so can cycling !?!
...I'm just half kidding, but there are some other things that can make cycling far less painful also. ...besides going re.eeealy fast.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Kat, ...what I meant to say initially, was : Great job on riding 14 miles !!

No small feat for your husband pulling a trailer too.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dee, ...I like hearing the word *sooner* from you.

It looks like you may be in for a "packing" workout soon enough yourself !?
Old 07-04-2014, 10:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dee, yes, the sooner part sounds good. There's going to be an awful lots of cheering around the world when you announce your new home! That's amazing to think about isn't it? All corners of the world are eager for some great news, hopefully next week.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Rocks, I'm so pleased you've checked in, and even more pleased that you're family are so supportive. Spending time at home sounds like a really good plan. Hugs from me.

Saturday morning here, I have to venture in to town this morning to put some savings in to an account. Yes you heard me right SAVINGS! It will turn in to a new bicycle very soon. I'll need some advice Tops, on what to look for in a new bike.

I've decided a new bike will be my trophy for sober living.

Hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Freein,
When it comes to a good bike , you're in the sweet spot for finding a nice one, new or used. The main thing is to get to know the guys at the LBS ( local bike shop) and find the right size, and ask their advise on the right style to meet your needs.
From there you can search for great used bikes in shops or online, but you will be using your LBS for annual maintenance. They can do a great deal for you, in helping get the best one, for sure.

usually the components make the difference between a low end bike and a pretty good bike, and they are all designed to be reversible down the road, ...ie , new replacement chain, etc

The new hybrids can go fast, but are durable for short trips and commuting with their high pressure tires. I have a rear rack on my Trek with a quick release pack that can hold a bag of groceries, or a small picnic;...but have ridden it 50 miles on some days because it's quick enough. Not fast like a road bike, but much faster than an off-road.

You'll just have to tell the guys at the LBS what your plans are,....you may end up with an off road if you plan on taking dirt, or sandy roads.

What color are you thinking about ?

.. it's fun to start checking out UK bike forums and Ebay over there. You guys are bike crazy, like here. Probably more !?!

http://www.bikebiz.com/index.php/new...-brands/016602

..just take your time , whatever you do because you'll enjoy it for years to come.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support fools.
Following the fools bargain.
Areyoukittenme that comment on always cheating made me smile...
Sooner sounds good dee......
Old 07-05-2014, 01:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats too Obosob

D
Old 07-05-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Baha, I was so confused - we didn't bike really fast or really slow either. I'm not a frequent biker, I think just more riding will help. My bum isn't too sore this morning! I also picked out a new bike seat yesterday! Progress. Tops you may love where we bike - along the Erie Canal - a nice path (majority paved, a few stretches that are light, dusty gravel). Peaceful, breezy, and as long or short as you want to go!

Happy Saturday, Fools.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Tops, I can feel your biking energy from here. I'm so excited about getting a bike. I'll definitely take my time, and get to know the local bike shops.

I feel like there's another new and fabulous chapter opening up in my life.

Sobriety rocks!
Old 07-05-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good Morning everyone.....read all posts from yesterday when I got home from coast at 2am this morning. Was a fabulous day - I have never seen the fireworks show over there but have always wanted to. Son & I went down the beach from the crowd & found a great cove & he collected driftwood & built a fire. I had a blanket & a book which I was able to relax & read when he met up with his friend. When it got dark & people started lighting off their fireworks, Son came & bent down to me, kissed me on the cheek & said I love you Mama, I'm glad we have this time together.....I'm sure that when he got the call from his coach that the game was cancelled tomorrow, he probably would have liked to stay over with his friend there, but he didn't ask & I know it is because he didn't want me to drive back alone through the canyon in the middle of the night....think that is pretty special & feel very grateful today. Picking up little Grandson in an hour to take him fishing & to the Soda Fountain for a treat. Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-05-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hello Fools

When I said chicken fight I meant what happens in a pool. There are 4 people two on the others shoulders. then the top two try to push each other over.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

The storms have passed and the celebrations have ended, but let us not forget the journey that brought us to the point in our lives where we have come to realize what truly brings us happiness.
Throughout our lives we have found happiness in things, triumphs, and others.....then we found that once we can be happy with whom we have become, we can find happiness almost anywhere we look for we bring it with us in court hearts.
Enjoy the days to come for you have earned them in the days that have passed.

Have a great day
Old 07-05-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

UP, that's lovely, thank you.

Mariah, what a wonderful moment with your son. Your trip to the beech will be a lovely memory for both of you in the years to come. That really is what life is about, glad you could truly enjoy it with a clear head and heart.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey all, I haven't posted on here for a long long time, I felt I needed space to get on with things. I am 10 weeks clean today, and feeling proud, but feels like th start of the journey, I certainly know it's not the end...
For all of those struggling, it is about putting one foot in front of the other, and above all, just not using or drinking, whatever that takes. I have thought about it a couple of times, but have realised it's usually when I'm so tired that using seems like the only option. So I've made big changes in my life which means I won't have to feel tired like that again.
It's lovely to come on here and see so many familiar names. I hope you're all ok, have thought about you a lot.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Nice to hear from you! 10 weeks is really great.
I guess we can only take this one step at a time...and realise what it is that might cause us to reuse, and then take measures to prevent that. I'm doing the same now. Though only 11 days in.

I went shopping today and it was so depressing. Not only is all the healthy stuff super expensive, but I had a really really small check this time so I couldn't get much. So depressing. But I am determined to do this. So.
I should add that also there was a huge wine shop staring me in the face as I was shopping and also paying for my foods. It looked appealing, but the craving wasn't as high as usual, or... I was replaying the whole movie in my head, whenever I looked at it. There was some appeal that was missing, which is great. I also wonder if EMDR helped any... but I've only done it once, so.... who knows.

I'm proud of all the people getting out there and exercising and doing active stuff. I haven't been doing that. I would like to though! I'm sure it really really helps things. I know it helps moods.... that's good. And of course it's just all around good for you.

Take care everyone.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I only have a minute, and don't have time to write to everyone right now, but I am still with you all in mind and spirit, and proud of how well you are all doing.

Chasing, I am so glad to hear from you today! Thank you for checking in. I was just thinking about you this morning, and am so happy to hear that you've been clean for 10 whole weeks. That's huge!

I'll check back in when I can, but may be a bit scarce for the next 10 days or so, from a combination of busyness and sketchy wifi and cellular connectivity. It doesn't mean you are not all in my thoughts every day. Stay strong Fools!
Old 07-05-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Settling in here at home for the night - so glad to be home & sober.

So glad you posted here today Chasing & that you are doing well & you should be proud!

Thank You Up for the message this morning - great way to start the day! Hope things are going well for you.

Glad you checked in here too Adna & hope that everything is going smoothly for you & that you are able to find time to relax & take care of yourself.

11 days is fantastic Luce - You are doing great!!

Thinking of you ALL!
Old 07-05-2014, 11:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Chacing, it's great to hear you're doing so well. Thanks for posting. What sort of changes have you made to stop yourself from becoming tired again? I seem to be quit tired a lot of the time, but I'm sure I'm getting plenty of sleep.

Lucrezia, you've come a long way in 11 days, I hope you feel suitably proud of yourself.

Adna, hope the event is going as stress free as possible. It's great to hear how you're doing, whenever you have time to post.

Hope you're having a restful sleep Mariah.

I'm off to the chapel this morning.
I also have some work preparation to do at some point, but I'm putting it off. I have to take my own advice and stop procrastinating. That will be my challenge this afternoon.

How are the rest of the fools team getting on this weekend?

Hope everyone's doing well.