View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Soliloquy

I moved from a place with consant jet noise. Although I'm a light sleeper, that never bothered me. I actually kind of miss it! This dog pen is closer to our house, and coincidentally the corner in which my room is, than the person's house whose yard the dog is in. And it's not even that guys dog. It's his son's, who lives in an apartment across the street.
I'm too scared to complain but my husband said he'll do it if I keep a log for a week or so and record the days and times the dog barks. Then he will call up the chief and report it. He told me I should call at night when the dog is barking but this is a small town with only one or two law enforcment officers and I don't want to wake them.
We looked up the town ordinance and it's in there specifically that dog barking to the point of nuisance, day OR night, is a violation and the owner can be fined.

Ahhhhh my first full day with no guests since July 3rd. I'm still sick so I won't be accomplishing as much as I would've liked but it is nice to be able to fully relax.

I feel like changing my hair. I guess it's a typical female thing, we like to change our hair when our life changes. I think I want to go blonde again. YEah, it's higher maintance but maybe it'll be good to get my hair done more often. I'm considering getting a fun color in it too like pink or something. I just wish I didn't care so much about what people think of me. That's one thing I looked forward to when I knew we were moving to a place I didn't know anyone. I thought I wouldn't worry about their opinion of me. Well, that doesn't seem to be the case. YOu don't see much of anyhing out or the ordinary around here and I do not want to draw attention to myself.

I think I'll play the piano again today. The other day when everyone was gone I played. I was getting frustrated because I couldn't remember parts of some songs I used to play easily by heart. Then I thought about this church song I used to play when I was in like elementary school or middle school called "Bringing in the Sheaves". I was suprised it came to me very easily. Of course it's a pretty easy song but it had been many MANY years since I'd played it. Anyway I almost have that down by heart again and then I'm going to start brushing up on some other songs, and finally I'm going to learn "Don't Stop Believin" by Journey. I learned the first part a couple of years ago but prob forget now. I don't know why I never play. I always enjoy it when I do. Same with guitar but it's much easier to just sit down at the piano. Plus I don't feel like cutting my nails.

I'm on a caffiene fuelleed rampage. I better get off of here before I write a novel.