Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 14

Old 08-01-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Sorry everyone, I didn't post the Fools weekend bargain this morning, so here it is (thanks Dee for the reminder).

When the gremlin/AV strikes we agree to:

1. Post on SR to explain we're under attack and request reinforcements.

2. Drink some water/fruit juice.

3. Eat a tasty snack.

4. Take some exercise, preferably in the fresh air.

5. Take a nap.

There it is, if we do this then we can't fail to have a successfully sober weekend.
Good luck comrades.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Hey, would coffee count for #2? I find that's my go-to comfort drink... I also have some loose leaf tea....it's amazing!! Rooibos especially. But it kinda makes me feel high/happy. So I don't know what's going on there....!

So. All morning I have been thinking "it's so nice today, such a beautiful day...I just want to be drunk right now... this whole weekend.... I could live it up and be drunk, even right now, this morning!! I just want that happiness!! Does that mean I can never have those awesome fun-times again?" so then I have to remind myself why I don't want it!! Why this is *my* choice. How I actually could walk to the store and get some.... but of why I don't want to.

Wow. So hard.

Thanks Mariah - I will try to post on here this weekend. And I feel I am missing something to say to someone.... ah. Oh and there was a book suggested. I looked it up. I will try to get it and read it!! I hope you know what I'm talking about? Haha....

Okay....time to distract myself. Or sit outside. No, maybe just distract with something first. And then read. Maybe make a homemade soup. That takes me awhile and it's fun to use all the spices. xD
Old 08-01-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Luc- I love coffee too- especially iced for later in the day. Yum.

Free- thanks for the bargain reminder.

Rock- glad you're doing so well! Good luck w your remaining time w family.

Mariah- so sad about the little boy. Hope things continue to go well w your son.

Soli- glad youre still posting .

Kelly- It's great that you have a parent that shows you that this can be done. I have one that showed me what happens if we don't do something... Either way, I think we can definitely learn from those that have "gone before us"...

Obo- any more berry- fun adventures?

Apple- love your perspective. Sounds like you've come a long way.

I'm doing good- like Rock said, I'm learning to embrace the struggle. Also finding that nutritional support makes a BIG difference in how I feel.

So, hope everyone is having a great weekend! Love to all the fools
Old 08-01-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

We gotta do the work, Luc. I'm there with you. Gorgeous Friday.

Find something else to do and do it! No wine in the house right?

I've got a list of books I've read, not sure which will speak to you. Or throw in that Smashed movie you said you had related to that? Hope I'm not getting people mixed up.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Oh, and homemade soup is a great idea!!

Are you on Pinterest? That's a great tool to check out recipes, crafts, organization....you can kill hours on there just searching, not even doing lol!
Old 08-01-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
greenturtle

Hi all Happy Friday!

Had a nightmare drink dream least night. I apparently got so wasted that I said horribly incomrehensible things to my family and husband and next monrning I woke to my husband having kicked me out and wanting a divorce. I woke up so thankful that that actually hadn't happened! I do not ever want something like that to happen to me.

I was talking to my sister last night about some problems she's having and I told her that she has control over who she wants to be. And then it hit me - I too have the power and control to be the person I want (sober) to be. We all do.

Hang in there Fools. Big {hugs} to those of us who are finding it hard this week and beyond.

I have family coming in tonight for the weekend. So tonight I'm hosting them and tomorrow we have a kids birthday party to go too so no booze there thankfully. I plan on biking around our community too with my son. And just relax.

Take care everyone
Old 08-01-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Yep, coffee is good Luc!

I'm painting my little study this weekend, and playing with the cat of course.

I'm committing to another sober weekend, let's start and finish this weekend strong.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Saturday morning,
In for the fools bargain...
Coffee and commonwealth games tv.
Bloody commonwealth!!!!

Snow yesterday,
Cold and wet.
Izzy im covered in cuts and bruises...
Luc and applekat, kelly and mariah, good luck for the weekend!
Ill be around....

Stay tuned....
Old 08-01-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Kat - yes I have pinterest... so far all I do is pin pictures of beautiful things, haha. But it really is a big time waster!! I can get stuck on there for a long time... but I guess if I'm looking to distract, then that's a good thing. I haven't looked up recipes even. Maybe I should.

Oh, and there is alcohol here. I'm house sitting someplace. Alcohol everywhere. It is really tempting. I have walked past it and cried so many times today!! And have been using food to binge on.... still not good.... but atleast I'm not drinking. Ah so hard!!!!! *deep breaths*
Old 08-01-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Girl, I don't know how you're doing that. House sitting in a liquor barn essentially.

Put on a movie!! Pull up youtube or Netflix!
Old 08-01-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Yup I was gonna watch Harry Potter! Or maybe Netflix, since I can watch it on a comp farther away from the alcohol.... omg I've just been trying to occupy my mind all day...movies reading internet forums movies eating journalling eating music eating journalling forums drawing reading eating TV movies eating netflix.... yeah.... eating some more....
Old 08-01-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Sadly I don't have more exciting things to do outside of the house. Actually, I don't feel strong enough to go out because I have money and might go by a store... but tomorrow, I need to get out. Walk. Maybe the store....and just... have a plan.

Hope everyone else's weekend is alright!!!
Old 08-01-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Wow....snow sounds good to me Obo.....is 105 here today & the weeks forecast is we will stay in the 100s.....YUCK!! I used to LOVE this heat, but pretty hard to tolerate nowadays. We had lighting earlier this week, so a lot of fire activity, but thankfully nothing major in our area like last year at this time.

Lucricia, I am thinking of you & hope that you can find some contentment this week-end as I hope I will myself.

Thanks for posting the Fools Bargain Freein & for all the support you give here. Wishing you a fabulous week-end.

I am adding to the Fools Bargain with reflecting on the anxiety that "slips" cause me. It is undeniably worse every time...I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again.....I never want to feel that way again, I truly don't.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay strong Luc (and anyone else struggling)

from this side of the fence I don't think alcohol induced happiness is really happiness at all, it's just at best a temporary reprieve from the things that get us down, stress us out or whatever.

If we commit to facing those things and doing something about them, that need to escape will diminish

keep the big picture in focus

D

Last edited by Dee74; 08-01-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Sounds like a good plan to get out for a walk tomorrow Luce. Hope you can get comfortable watching your movie tonight & have a restful sleep.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:53 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Dee, thank you. That's so true. It's only since I've been alcohol free that I have been able to sort out some major stressors. I just used to ignore them, hoping they'd go away! But sadly they were there just festering away not being dealt with.

I'm buying more paint this morning, hoping to finish my little study room over the weekend. It's going to be my little sanctuary, away from the tv. I'm not a tv fan, but my OH is, we used to have many a "discussion" about the volume control, but now we've found a solution.
I will have a quiet room just for me! It's tiny, but I already love it.

Have a great sober day everyone.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:03 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good Morning Freein - Late Friday night for me & off to bed while you are just getting started. Your new "hideaway" sounds very nice

As I was walking through Walgreens tonight, I heard you say.....you should get some of that sparkling grapefruit drink you like & I thought, that's a good idea Freein, I think I will Have a great day!
Old 08-02-2014, 03:41 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

I need to find some sparkling grapefruit, that sounds yum!

Nothing like a kiddo waking you up at 5 AM with a bad dream. Pancakes by 6. And I attempted my Pinterest idea of batter in a Baggie to make shape pancakes. Started with hearts. Kiddos loved it! Off to daughters last soccer game shortly. Gotta love 4 year olds chasing a ball in a cluster.

Luc- I love HP and can't wait till the appropriate age to read to my kids. Hope you go for a long walk today.

Mariah - I agree on reflecting on the anxiety (etc). Do you have anything written down to re-read? I just have old SR posts.

Happy Saturday all.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:44 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-14-a.html

D