Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 15

Old 05-04-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Just check in to say good night and chiming in with love, hugs and MARCHER-ness to all of us.

I used to think life would be/could be perfect if/when...... It's not, it's just ups and downs of all sorts.

My plans for tomorrow just got jumbled because one person might not be going. She was supposed do drive. What's amazing is that I simply am not going to worry about it. I'll know what's what in the morning. And then we'll make another plan. And we'll work it out. That's an amazing accomplishment for me to feel confident and secure that we can work it out.

Good night dear Marchers!
Old 05-05-2012, 04:02 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Back to back posty am I!

SO, I complete utterly misunderstood the text I got from my friend last night. She's fine, she's driving, everything is completely OK. TOTALLY laughing at my catastrophic thinking and double glad I didn't flip out about it.

Morning Marchers!
Old 05-05-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

G'morning, gang.

If you are unfamiliar, today is the perfect day to introduce yourself to Red and Rover. Here's the link: Red and Rover Comic Strip on GoComics.com

I guarantee you'll enjoy it, or your money back!

Rainy weekend, but it's okay with me. Lots to get done inside.

Frances, you are a riot. It's so easy to misinterpret texts, emails, blogs, etc. Sounds like a comedy of errors.

I keep thinking of the Mirage's slippery slope...um,,,I mean what she said yesterday.
It's so true. Glad she said it, as it reinforced me. Thanks.

Rosie is getting better and better each day. We're hoping she checks out completely okay at the vet this week.

Good to hear from PBC. Enjoy your day off!

Aussie...I woke up thinking about your situation. Boy does marriage confound our individual plans for sobriety sometimes. I remember what I perceive as your pain. You don't necessarily want your husband bringing the guys home for a drinkfest that will just be painful and/or tempting to you, but you also don't want to be the bad cop or put a rift in your marriage. Very understandable position, but also frustratingly maddening. You stopped primarily for your health, and now your health is back in check. You are in a small town with a drinking culture, and feel left out or lonely at events.

Your predicament is unenviable, but also common to each of us at some level. What's been difficult for me is the new balance sobriety brings to marriage. For me, since I was a hermit, knock down, blackout drunk and we were always fighting at the top of our lungs, there was no way to go but up. That doesn't sound like your situation. We are still struggling, but at more of a normal pace. Resentments are resolved more quickly and honestly. But, we are still young in my sobriety, and we have pretty much buffered ourselves from the world to heal our family and marriage. Not purposefully, but that's how its, thankfully, worked out. We are now starting to re-engage in family and couples social life that includes drinking events. Even this evening we may go to a Derby party before I take my sons to that concert.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking and praying for you. Like Dee said, I know you can do this. And it's worth it, and you are worth it. For me, its not an option to drink today, and I don't plan to in the future. I'm sure your thinking is similar. Maybe remember the slippery slope a drink today can start? And watch the reel to the end.

Have a great one, Marchers!
Old 05-05-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Wow, congrats on grandmahood, pbc! Enjoy your day off!

That was really nice, Lofty. Well done. Have fun at that concert tonight. I hope you get lotsa good treats in the box!

Haha frances...glad everything is going as planned.

Busy today. Started with the clean-up morning in the sub..did some weeding, bush trimming and mulch laying before we went to B's soccer game. He scored twice and they won! It's pretty cool..we're not so used to winning or scoring. lol I went to Lowes and got everything we need to paint the bathroom, including the paint. We're both beat, tho, I'm not sure if we'll do it tonight or tomorrow before another soccer game. We stopped for a Mexican lunch for Cinco de Mayo. I was a good girl and just had a few chips n salsa and a salad. Not really Mexican, but I'm trying to be good right now. I pushed a little hard on the mill yesterday and my hips are SUPER sore. It's almost comical when I get up from sitting. I'm fine once I get going. I'm so happy to be sober. I love feeling healthy and not hung over. I'm not sure I'll ever stop feeling happy about that. I really needed to be off that rollercoaster. Thanks for helping me, every day, everyone!!
Old 05-05-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
orangutan

Lofty you hit it right on the head when you said it drives me nuts when my husband brings the guys home for a p*ss up . I have no right to say anything about it he is totally entitled to do it , I am the one with the problem here not him. I love my husband with all my heart. I am the one who needs to look within and grow. My drinking was also destroying my marriage before and I was on a warning so there is more than my health at stake.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Nite marchers! In the hotel room. Race starts at 7am so early start
Old 05-05-2012, 11:45 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

What a night! I think I made a ton of points with my sons. They were both stoked, and so was their friend. I hooked up with an old friend at the concert who was also taking his son. It was fun, and I gave him all my free drink tickets. It was three bands, real head thrashing music. I think I understood about a half a dozen words of the lyrics all night long. But that's ok; I was never a lyrics guy anyway. I must say, though, those bands were some mighty angry young white men!

The boys wanted to go to a midnight showing of The Avengers after the concert, and I figured, what the heck, may as well. So, we just got home.

And what did I come home to but a downed mailbox, by none other than my drunk wife driving home from the derby party. She completely missed the driveway, and put a nice dent in the hood and bumper of her new Camry. Needless to say, I'm sleeping in the guest room tonight. I will not be resurrecting the mailbox, or squaring away the cost of repairs for her. She can clean up her own drunken mess, the same as I used to have to.

Funny thing. I'm not really mad. It's her problem, not mine. I had a great night with my boys that I'll relish for a very long time, and I'm glad I was sober for it.

Good night, Marchers.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:42 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Morning! Cherish the night your had with your boys lofty. Really sorry you came home to that. ((((()))))
Old 05-06-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Go get 'em, Frances! Run! Run! Run!

Okay, I must admit. I am waking up to a hangover. Or, at least that's what I sound like. My voice is low and deep, I sound stuffy and tired, and I'm a little groggy. But, this "hangover" is not from drinking. Rather, it's from going out and having a great time with my boys.

So...even "normal" people stay out late on occasion, and get groggy the next day, and have low energy. But, wait. This is how I woke up EVERY morning before, plus I'd have a banging headache with each heartbeat, plus some gremlin would have stuffed my mouth with cotton during the night, plus my eyes would be red as the devil, plus I would have absolutely ZERO patience for anyone or anything, plus the only tolerable existence would be to be prone on the couch with eyes affixed to the tv that I was too lazy to even get up to find the remote to change the tv from the eternal infomercial that was not even pertinent to me, but had good-looking models, plus I might have to wear my sunglasses if the sun was out, plus nothing would get done, plus, plus, plus....

Glad I'm not THAT hungover!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Good luck today, Frances! I hope the weather is good for you today!!

Sounds like a fun night, Lofty! Yeah, I thought the same thing about 'angry youth' when I watched their videos on youtube. haha How cool you then went to the Avengers after! That's such a cool dad thing to do. Did you like it?? I'm really looking forward to seeing that. I'm glad the mailbox incident did not ruin your night or your memory of it. Sounds like you have a good attitude about it..good for you. I'm guessing that you would not have handled it as well when you were drinking and that this shows how much you've grown, so that's AWESOME.

David...I had a dream that you worked for the automotive industry and you got fired for being difficult!! LOL!! Don't be difficult, Dave.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Amen to THAT, Lofty! I was thinkin similar thoughts this morning, being the day after Cinco and the derby. My dh actually said I looked like I was full of vim and vigor this morning. Ok, actually he started to say "vinegar", but I knew what he meant. lol
Old 05-06-2012, 09:43 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I know both phrases well. I've wondered...does dh stand for dear husband, dedicated husband, designated husband, dreaded husband, drunk husband? I've always wondered.

And, yes, thanks. It did not ruin my night or my morning. DW actually said she might re-think her drinking. (don't ask which "d" I refer to). She is mailbox shopping today. By herself. And, no, my panties are not in a wad, 'cause that would only be hurting me. Reaction 9 months ago would have been through the roof.

The best part about last night? Both boys, separately, and individually, said this was their best weekend ever. Odd for the younger one, since he didn't want to go, and said he didn't like the bands. It kinda touched me 'cause I think it had something to do with my involvement.

The Avengers is well worth seeing. We did the 3d version, which was awesome. Of course, 49 yr olds are allowed to nod off once or twice after midnight. lol.

Come on down to Difficult Dave's Dodge dealership! Easy credit! Easy terms! Easy peasy! The only thing difficult is Dave! Lol.

9 months tomorrow!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
orangutan

Good luck Frances, I know you will do well!

Lofty sorry about your wife ,you must worry with her driving when she's been drinking.

I found this on another forum and want to share.
Attachment 16943

Last edited by aussieblue; 12-28-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Lol aussie, that's hilarious. And that fat mouse has a teddy bear...which I find mildly disturbing.

I think "dh" is darling husband. It's kinda weird, but it's well established, short, and it works. I'd just call him Dave but we already have a Dave and it might get confusing.

I'd be rethinking my drinking too if I were hungover and took out a mailbox. haha. Ok, it's not really funny, but it sounded funny. I hope she's feeling ok today. Very cool your kids had such a great weekend. Yes, I'm sure your involvement had a TON to do with it. They really just want our time, I think. It feels so good when they're happy.

Yeah, I'll be sure to see that in 3D then. Sometimes it's just more money and kinda pointless (like that last stupid animated pirate movie we just saw), and sometimes it's worth it.

lol...I think I'll pass on that dealership!

The bathroom just got the second coat! Green it is! Looks good, I like it. I caught Tony in there looking at it, smiling from ear to ear. He likes it, too! I brought home a shower curtain with monkeys climbing on palm trees. He said it would have be fine if he were like 6 years younger, but not now. lol I tried. I thought it was funny and it made me smile, but I'm pushin my luck!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
orangutan

Attachment 16944

O.K. so I am bored and this is what happens.

Last edited by aussieblue; 12-28-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:15 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Wow! That is one good looking avocado! It shouldn't need to resort to corn!

The pup has now, for 2 days in a row, slept through until after 5 am - straight through! And is coming to see its crate as home; even goes in there voluntarily throughout the day, mostly to get toys, but sometimes to rest. I love this dog!

Good AA meeting last night. Celebrated my 9 months. If you go by date, today, the 7th is the anniversary, but there are so many ways to calculate it, I usually celebrate for a few days. I told a guy who is a professional addiction counselor and comes to our meetings about SR last night, and how its made such a difference to my recovery this time around. Being able to post and read about others in the same boat 24/7 is key for me.

My DW had no drinks yesterday. Still, don't know if that was her day 1. She did buy the mailbox components, however.

I'm so stoked about the time I had with my boys that I'm gonna start plannign a weekend canoe and campout trip. We have some good rivers for that around here. Dad/son event. I think those are more important to boys than anyone admits.

I am finding myself in my brokenness. God is holding me in the palm of His hands the whole way through. I know I've shared that my sobriety is returning slowly this time around. But, guess what? It's also not being accompanied by bothersome things, like paranoia, impulsivity, obsessions, and the like. I think I just now realized that. I have a friend and client who is so concerned with security and guns and stuff that it comes off as paranoid. Now, he's not a freak or anything, and I know him well enough to know why he thinks that way, but in sitting with he and his wife for a couple hours yesterday, I realized how I am not that way, but I have been in the past. God is doing for me what I cannot do for myself. That's an AA promise, and its coming true.

Anyway, thanks for being here, all. You are each an important part of my recovery.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:19 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Mmorning! The race was great, beat my personal best by 6 minutes, the whole day was a celebration of helping all our friends do their best.

I am grateful for my strong legs that carried me far yesterday and ESP for my dh, who let me rest last night. I slept well and feel sore but fine today.

Now what? This race was a huge goal, now I need new ones.

Inspired by your peace lofty, what a good example. Love the cartoons Aussie. Mirage you rocked this weekend lookit you go! Pbc, glad you are here, blessings to your dd and her baby!!!! Hi dee hi Dave!
Old 05-07-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Congrats on 9 months, Lofty!!! Way to go..super happy for you!!

That sounds like a great day, frances!! I enjoyed the pics I saw on fb! Congrats, I'm sure you'll come up with another goal. You crazy runners are always coming up with new and harder races. I see a Warrior Dash in your future!

Hahaha, that's funny, aussie! His tongue hangin out cracks me up. Lol @ Lofty's complimenting the avocado!!

That father/son thing is a great idea, Lofty. My dh has done a lot of those. He does 2 annual ones with other friends of his, one in the winter and one in the summer at my parents' cabin up north. It's called "father/kids" now cuz some daughters got jealous. haha. They have a ball.

Dark and rainy here today, could easily crawl back into bed now that B is off to school. I won't..gonna put the bathroom back together today. I'm shopping for a new microwave, too if anyone has any opinions on a brand. The electronic readout has been out on mine for about 2 years. So you put something in but don't know when it'll be done, cuz you can't see numbers. I may have mentioned this before. Anyway, I need a new one, I'm tired of it!! So I've been researching on line and reading reviews. Need to decide. Think I'll hit the grocery store today, too, for a few things.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-07-2012, 06:32 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh, I just remembered a dream. I had a dream that dh and I were at the Oscars and I was wearing SHORTS. Time was running short an we were already there, but I wanted to go shopping for a dress cuz I looked WAY too casual. He was telling me that we're not celebrities and so we don't have to dress up so much and I was like "I know, but this is ridiculous." haha. And then I remember saying I needed to "check in" on facebook with my phone cuz it was so cool I was at the Oscars. I did end up in some kind of weird dress, btw.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

lofty has 9 marvelous months!!!!!

way to go!