Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 15

Old 05-03-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Aww. Thanks for your honesty, Aussie. This is probably one of the hardest things a person can do, if not the hardest. All of us are a drink away from day 1. There are just so many facets to consider about drinking/not drinking. Our health. Our relationships. Our happiness for the moment vs. long term. Just to name a few.

No one of us can truly know the others situation or life as well as they do. But we can all know peace, serenity, and forgiveness. I believe God makes that possible in any and all conditions of our life where we seek His counsel and word.

That said, I pray you will examine your heart for the reasons that you stopped drinking, and honestly assess the last year. And then follow your heart. Not in fear, but in faith.

I'm not encouraging you to drink or to abstain. Just to be at peace with yourself now. We love you and are here for you in support. Peace.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:24 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good morning, Marchers!

It's hard to believe that another work week has slipped by, and that my list is almost just as long. But, it's been a good week, nonetheless.

Up at 5 am with a playful puppy sure starts your day off right! I love starting my days with her, especially out on the back deck as the birds wake up and the sun rises.

I hope everyone has a great day today. Big plans for the weekend?
Old 05-04-2012, 04:28 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Administrator

I couldn't put it any better than Lofty I don't think aussie - be kind to yourself this weekend.

I dunno whats going on exactly but I know you're not weak.
I believe you can do this

D
Old 05-04-2012, 05:07 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

What Lofty said and what Dee echoed. More support and kind wishes to you Aussie. I love the idea of moving forward in faith & courage, not fear. ************{HUG}}}}}}}}

Big happy weekend plans here.

Tonight: husband goes camping for the weekend. Running friend comes over so I can help her fix her GPS watch.
Saturday: Take dog to dog class. Drop off dog at dogsitter. Drive down to Shore. Have dinner with running peeps. Bed by 9:30.
Sunday: Run half marathon. Then run around like crazy woman cheering on three friends who are running their first full marathon. Come home. Kiss husband. Pick up dog.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Sounds like a great weekend. I am studying for another license this weekend. One I should already have, but don't. I am also taking my boys to their first rock concert of their own genre. The headliner is Rise Against. There are two other good name bands with them. It should be fun. One of my colleagues is going with his son, so he and I will go to the box my wife's company has for free goodies and food and stuff, and let the kids hang with their friends. That's tomorrow night. All in all, a weekend of study. We thought the neighborhood yard sale was this weekend, but we're glad we were wrong.

Carpe diem!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

((aussie)) I'm sorry you're struggling right now. Be careful, I worry about the slippery slope thing, and I worry about your health. It might be time to regroup and start doing something else in regards to your recovery like on line AA or reading a new recovery book, or another support forum, or face to face support if you can find it. I know when I think about ME having drinks one night, it's not that night that concerns me. It's what comes later..a week later when I want to again..and then the 4 days after that when I want wine with my fire..and then 2 days later I'm out again and say yes to beers, etc. That's what I'm afraid of for me and everyone here..what it can turn into if we're not vigilant. Take care of yourself, we love you!!

Hmmm...weekend plans. Being that it's Cinco de Mayo..nothing. haha. Ya know, for a really long time, I could never remember year after year exactly what day Cinco de Mayo was. haha! Don't tell anybody, it's kind of embarrassing. I'm actually hoping to make some progress on that little stinkin bathroom upstairs! I want to paint it!!!! Oh and we have a soccer game at 11:00 am on Saturday.

Lofty..I think I told you about this website, but you ignored me. lol So I'm telling you again. (I won't be IGNORED, Dan.) I just think you'd like it, and the best part is...it's FREE! Go to sparkpeople.com. Start logging your calories, etc. There are recipes, support forums, daily calorie calculators, etc. Fun stuff! Did I mention it's free?

Good luck on Sunday, frances!! Wear that shirt with your name on it and run your little booty off!!!

David..go fishing this weekend, you're working too hard.

Deeeeeee! Get some sleep, it's getting late.

PBC..hope you're doing well!!

Hiya Bryan..ready for the weekend?

Sup, Rosie and Fudger?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

I'm trying to frame this xstitch myself and it's getting increasingly frustrating. Sometimes I think you should just pay professionals for things. GAHH!!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Editor

Hey Hey Hey! Its morning still and I was able to post! Busy, but not pull my hair out busy.
Aussie I pray for peace in your heart and mind.
mirage I am on call all this week so....fishing is out!
I dont like call, but the pay is good. Nothing like being woken out of a dead sleep to deal with life and death situations. It makes you feel good to be making a difference, but sometimes I feel too old to be doing this.
The search for a new pooch is on. We found a guy who has a one year old lab we are supposed to go look at next week. My son is walking on cloud nine and Kelly is not happy. Oh well. You cant keep everyone happy.
I hope that everyone is living there dream.
Peace
Dave
Old 05-04-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Aw poop, no fishin. What is it you do do, number 2? I don't think I really know what work you do. Oooh! Doggies for everybody!! How exciting.

I youtubed that group, Lofty. Stay in the box!!! lol So far my 13 yr old just likes the pop music. The other day, that Michael Buble song came on the radio, Haven't Met You Yet, and he's like "turn it up, I LOVE this song!!" lol. Really? He's so edgy! Ben says his favorite song is Wavin Flag. He's right..it's great. Here it is how we like to listen to it. The Yellowjackets wavin flag - YouTube

I'm working in my secret science lab to invent something that freezes time...I'll let you know when I come up with something.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:12 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Mirage...your advice to Aussie gets an A++. You are dead on. That's exactly how it works to creep back into your life. And knowing that is what I fear. When my AV rears its ugly head, that's now how I finish the reel, as Dee has put it. It's the insidious creep back into my life I fear, and that would take place over months for me, not over hours or nights. With each drink, my false confidence would rise until I have convinced myself that "this time is different". For me, over the span of 30 years, I've proven to myself that "this time is different" is nothing but a bald-faced lie.

I was not ignoring you. Rather I had taken your suggestion under permanent advisement. Now that you have reminded me of it, I looked it up and bookmarked it. I looked at the first page. BUT, lest I get distracted, I'm gonna start with the program that coordinates my workout and eating, which is also free, included with my Y membership, which is free for the summer. If I don't see the results I like, I'll go back to my bookmark and dig deeper into sparkpeople.com. Thanks!

Good luck in the race, Frances!

Your new dog sounds great, Dave! Good luck with it.

Hello everyone else!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Mirage, I love the thoughts you shared for Aussie. I too have that creeping-back-in fear. It would be *fine* for a week or two, but then? I'd be a drinker, and drinkers drink. Why not, right?

So no first one for me and I don't have to worry about the slide.

Easier said than done, as we all know, and there but for the Grace of God & SR go I. I'm just another woman who can't drink alcohol.

YAY FOR NEW PUP DAVE!

Good luck with the studying and the concert Lofty!

Husband is camping to go camping and my dog has this huge grin on his face watching the packing. Um, buddy, you're not going. Hilarious that he's chained together camping gear with I'M GOING CAMPING. He's only a dog, but pretty smart for one.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Aw, I know you weren't ignoring me, I was just hastlin ya, Lofty. I'm glad you have something to work with. I've never worked with a website so I'm still in awe of it's coolness. At the end of the day, it even breaks the kind of food you had (carbs, protein, fat, etc.) into pie charts!!!
PIE CHARTS, PEOPLE!!!

frances: "I too have that creeping-back-in fear." Yes, I fear the creeper! (and I really need to learn how to do a quote thing mid-post.)
Old 05-04-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I know, Mirage, I was just guilt-trippin' the guilt tripper...heh,heh,heh. I can be wry like that at times. Usually when I am, I'm the only one laughing at my jokes, but that's okay; I don't mind cracking myself up.

Oh, and I'm sorry, Mirage, but PIE CHARTS MAKE ME HUNGRY!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
orangutan

Thanks everyone for the support, I loved all the kind words and wisdom and I did spend yesterday looking into myself. Anger is what caused me to drink , the same as last time ,my husband was drinking with his mates again and it just pushes me over the edge. I'm angry with myself now after working so hard to get to 9 months and now I have blown it twice in one month. I was so sick yesterday it just wasn't worth it.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Well I appreciate you sharing it with us, aussie, because it really does help us all. Any big emotional swings trigger me, too, especially anger. I hope you're feeling better today and can enjoy your Saturday!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think getting angry ever really solves much aussie...maybe it's time to work out what exactly makes you angry about the situation and try and work on that?

if you feel resentful? why?
do you feel left out? unsupported? like you're missing something? like it's not fair you have to quit when everyone else doesn't?

I find working out exactly what I'm angry about can often lead me to other solutions.
D
Old 05-04-2012, 04:47 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!

So sorry I've been MIA ... you wouldn't believe how crazy my schedule has been. I had a tv appearance this morning, worked all day, and now I get to enjoy my first day off tomorrow in WEEKS. And I haven't just been working every day, I've been working 11-13hours many days. Tomorrow night we have that benefit for Haiti, which is a black tie dinner with dancing, a keynote speaker, an art auction (I submitted 2 paintings), and a fashion show. I'm REALLY looking forward to it!

And I'm embarrassed to post here because I'm not even trying in regard to alcohol.

Oh ... and guess what? I'm going to be a grandma.

I have been reading up on all of you, and you are always in my prayers. Lofty, thank you so much for the shout-outs. Love to you all!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

do you feel left out? unsupported? like you're missing something? like it's not fair you have to quit when everyone else doesn't?
D
I reckon I feel all of the above.
I am going to try harder this time ,I know I can do this. Yesterday was just dreadful, I didn't even really enjoy the wine either or get the peace I was hoping for.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup View Post
And I'm embarrassed to post here because I'm not even trying in regard to alcohol.
Are you drinking PBC?

Congratulations on the up coming baby!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:00 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know you can do it aussie
I know you can do it too PBC - be a rockin' sober grandma

D