Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 15

Old 05-07-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Editor

Yee haw!!!! 9 months ......way to go Lofty!!!!
I am kinda getting cold feet on the new pooch. She is a year old and dont know what the learning curve is. I have mostly raised my pooches from wee pups and had very good luck with them. The deal is suppose to go thru on WED. I just dont know and most of the time that means I am not making the right decision. She looks beautiful on line....but looks can be deceiving. I am more worried about my older dog and my daughter. If it were just me....it would be a no brainer.
Other than that.....thank God I am off of call. Last week was stinky poo.
Not to be difficult, but this work thing is getting in the way of fishing.
Keep your chins up and keep lookin forward
Dave
Old 05-07-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good deed, difficult Dave!

Still off the hooch? Hope so...

My instinct is also that if I'm questioning, I'm probably not following my instincts.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

That's a tough call on the dog, Dave. Good luck, wish I had some experience to share but I really don't. Glad this week is looking better for ya!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thanks for the congrats, all...
Old 05-07-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

I would like to point out that my congratulations post was color coordinated. Just sayin.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  
orangutan

Lofty 9 months I am so proud of you!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS
Old 05-07-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

And my favorite colors, to boot, Mirage!
Old 05-07-2012, 05:30 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Don't know on the pup decision Dave. It's a big long-term decision. Only thing I can do is send good vibes for the best possible decision. I know you'll make the best choice for you and your family and the pup.

Had a good day. Spent a worthwhile 30 minutes journaling some goals and gosh dang it, it worked! I ticked off some tasks that needed doing.

Running tomorrow oughta be fun, sarcasm. I've been more sore so I'll pull through. The best way to get better is to run on them and work the soreness out.

Then class

Then a job interview call with a new potential client. We'll see what we see! One of my intentions I wrote today is to pick up some easy work for $$$$. Ka-ching the Universe answered with this call being scheduled a few hours later.

Night marchers! Hope everyone is happily sober and enjoying the evening/morning.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
orangutan

Good luck with the interview Frances.

All this talk about dogs makes me want one but the thing is it breaks your heart when you lose them so no more pets for me. I shall just admire Rosie Red from my computer screen.

Dave I am expecting you to post a fish photo soon.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:21 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I don't know, Aussie. Better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all. Did you have a bad experience with a pet? Even though, at 2 weeks, Rosie is getting mischievous, and more energetic, she's a delight. This morning came early, though, as there were storms last night and she may not have gone her last time out.

Right now, she's scared of her reflection in the fireplace. Thats a riot!

Have a great day, everyone! I'm gonna try to get some work done. I gave a little too much time off yesterday for my 9 months. Party's over, now. See ya.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Morning! Walked 4 instead of ran, my friend is mighty sore too. Felt good.

HEY MIRAGE. I signed up for Sparkpeople. I like the calories/fat/protein breakdown. I love love love love WW, but trying something new.

I'm in the better to have loved camp. Glad Rosie is a delight, remember how cute she is when she hits doggie teenage.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Frances, you like pie charts! I KNEW it!! When I first saw you I thought, 'now there's a girl who could appreciate a good pie chart'. I hope you like the site. I'm on there loggin in my stupid calories every day. I've never overly counted before...makes me realize I think we under estimate how many calories are in stuff!! I'm doing well, though.

I'm trying to get a cold. I knew teaching those little germy people might catch up with me. I have a sore throat and feel like it's coming. Nooooooo!! (I just sneezed 3 times.) I'm so rarely sick, I shouldn't complain. But then what fun would THAT be? You're right, I'll complain. Going to my friend's gig on Sat night, so I'm hoping it doesn't get too bad.

Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 05-08-2012, 09:18 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Editor

Dont worry mirage after about 3 or 4 years you build up an immunity to the germs.

Lofty I am doing good. I actually took my wife out on the town and drank ginger ale and lime. Coke and lime. I got razed by her friends....not her. I think that she likes having a DD. I know that I felt alot better than any of them the next day.

Man....who knew I would have to start working for a living. My job went from being on cruise control to being work. I sure do miss hanging out with you guys.
Peace to my Peeps
Dave
Old 05-08-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Interview call went well. She didn't blink at my hourly rate which means it SHOULDA been higher. That's OK. If I can do the work she needs, and do it well, it's a CASH COW.

Waiting to get a sample from her to price it out and decide if I'm willing to take the plunge. It's financial writing, not really the sustainability direction I am also heading in but I want to earn some money. MONEY GOOD.

Had a flash the other night while I was helping settle the restaurant tab for 15 people the night before Sunday's race. I was sober, of course, and I was juggling the tip amount and counting hundreds of dollars on the table. Came out perfectly. ZERO anxiety, just dialed-in confidence. This is the kind of thing I could not have done before Recovery. I would have been too anxious about screwing it up to try, and if I did, I'd be a wreck.

Hope everyone is rocking and rolling Marcher-style today.

Now to write down some goals and knock them off.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:01 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Checking in & hope all is well with everyone!! Been doing a lot of outside work as weather permits...poison ivy bumps now surfacing....Summer is almost here, hard to believe...Bless you all & stay well!
Old 05-08-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by LoftyIdeals View Post
I don't know, Aussie. Better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all. Did you have a bad experience with a pet? Even though, at 2 weeks, Rosie is getting mischievous, and more energetic, she's a delight. This morning came early, though, as there were storms last night and she may not have gone her last time out.

Right now, she's scared of her reflection in the fireplace. Thats a riot!

Have a great day, everyone! I'm gonna try to get some work done. I gave a little too much time off yesterday for my 9 months. Party's over, now. See ya.
We had a dog for 10 years and when he died it was heart breaking so no more.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:45 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I understand, Aussie. I've cried my eyes out when pets have gone.

Busy day today. And, I just had a nice heart to heart with my eldest about his desire to go into the marines when he graduates. This has been his goal for over a year, and he's been pursuing it, so I cautiously and guardedly support it. I have to really try to be neutral. But, today he asked for my opinion on the service so I told him why I ultimately didn't go, despite being at the table to sign for both the Navy and the Army.

Ok Frances, milk that cash cow!

Don't itch it, Bryan!

Hope the sniffles are over, Mirage.

Get back to work, Dave!

Thanks for all you do, Dee.

I hope Rosie, PBC, Fudger and all the others are out there and are doing great!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:20 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Morning! Going to gym for my second TRX class--this is the one with straps hanging from the ceiling and you use your body weight to do exercises.

I was really hungry for dinner and ate too much. I should have stopped at halfway but didn't. So today is a new day of balancing good food in the right amount at the right time. Heck of a lot better problem to be fixin than BOOZE!

What is everyone working on today? What are your new hopes and dreams?

Two goals I accomplished Sunday were to run 5 miles in 50 minutes and 6 miles in 60 minutes.

Chime in and say what's cooking today Marchers!
Old 05-09-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

New hopes and dreams? I'm hopin and dreamin of a new microwave! Found one I like at Best Buy yesterday, but the install is 40 bucks more than at Lowes, so I'm headin to Lowes today to see if they can get it for me.

I'm still vigilantly counting calories..I've lost 5 lbs, so I'm feeling pretty motivated. Sometimes I have too few even, and I've heard that's not good, (the whole "body goes into starvation mode" thing), so as much as that's hard to wrap my mind around, I have to make sure not to have too little.

I had what feels like loads of drinking dreams last night. I think I only had a couple, but it feels like more. Smoking was in there, too, for a little added bonus.

My body can't decide whether or not to give me a full fledged cold.

Happy hump day, humpin marchers! er....marchin humpers! Um..whichever.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:21 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Way to go Mirage! Just Day 2 here with spark but feeling empowered.

Feel better! When I'm feeling like I'm coming down with something, I drink lots and lots of tea.