Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 15

Old 05-02-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Carrying on!

The class was AWESOME. It's a TRX class, google it, it uses suspended straps and your body weight to get a great workout. Loved it.

Being productive! Buttoning up holes, closing loopholes!
Old 05-02-2012, 10:36 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Afternoon Marchers...I ride a bike into work & a neighbors dog followed me all the way in this a.m....that's what I get for sharing lunch with the friendly English Spaniel. Took my lunch hour to hit a AA meeting & stop in at a family friends funeral service--time well spent for both. I hear ya on the sugar front...since stopping the drink, I always get some chocolate for my freezer...never used to before--(I love frozen 'Raisinettes')
Old 05-02-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Frances, you are always the inspiring one. I was starting in on day number 3 of zone out, and realized something had to change. I went to the Y and swam a mile. I feel like a whole new guy. It helped to get out, and to shake off the mental monkey that says I can't leave my new puppy unattended at home. She was happy and content in her crate when I returned, and didn't put up a big fuss going in it when I left.

After my workout, I went into the fitness area to track my mile, and they had upgraded their system to one called Activtrax. I have to certify to get registered on it, which I'm scheduled to do on Friday. Guess what? It has a nutrition aspect where you record your caloric intake like WW. It's all free. The trainer also told me about the good cycling classes to take. So...my new workout time is 9 - 10 a.m. M-Th. M/W cycling and T/Th swimming. I'll do my free weights at home, or at the Y on Fri Sat or Sun. And I'm gonna participate in the nutrition tracker to try to drop a couple bowling balls; a.k.a., 30 lbs.

Sitting here thinking clearly, I don't know why I was putting off working out. It was invigorating. You know what my other mental monkey was? The chlorine is gonna dry out my hair. Yeah, it will, but so what. I can take steps to minimize it.

Even my shoulder was working 100%, and my knee feels great.

I'm missing PBC. I wish she'd come around. Glad Dave and Aussie checked in.

Well done on the class, Mirage. For some reason, it makes sense that your folks were both educators. Teachers make up a big part of my extended family; that, and engineers and architects. I sometimes think I have a little of the teaching gene, but it's sure not for teaching kids. Lol. Maybe I'll try it out on my pup.

Have a great day, y'all!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Bryan, sorry for your loss and glad you could attend the service.
Glad you had a good day Mirage!

Lofty! Go you! Another thing about working from home, that I find important for me, is that I HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE. Or I go stark raving bonkers. Scheduled time out of the home office = sanity. IMO, YMMV.

FROZEN RAISINETTES. *mind reels with deliciousness*

Going on three days of eating like an athlete who respects her body, minus a little bit here and there. I just made a mini-meal at 3PM to stave off the afternoon sugar slump.

I had a vision about self-esteem. Recovery is plugging up the holes in my soul. Used to be that I would get love or feel good and it would leak out all the holes. The holes proved that I wasn't worthy to feel good about myself. That made me desperate to get some more love. Now the holes are healing and I can fill up and keep love and good feelings inside me.

Nice, huh?

Good girl Baby Rosie! Helping her and allowing her to rest and relax in her crate is a GIFT. She can't get into trouble and can't hurt herself, for your peace of mind. She is very unlikely to soil her crate due to her natural instincts, which will help her get housebroken more quickly.

*tip* make sure she knows she's a GOOD GIRL when she does her business outside. Warm, calm, happy praise that will let her know she got it right.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
orangutan

Frances I knew you would do great at the new class, never doubted it for a minute!

Bryan sorry for your loss.

Mirage thanks a lot can't get the picture of dripping noses out of my head.

Lofty I understand the putting off work thing, I just don't have motivation these days but when I do get up and get started I find I can do heaps, I have the energy, its just getting my self started, its the same with exercise once I start I enjoy it.

Dave glad to hear from you ,hope you can post more soon.

Dee the sun is out here and it is a piture perfect day , I hope your having one the same.

PBC , Rosie, professor, Belonging, RebelAngel I hope you are all O.K.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah looks like I have your weather Aussie

D
Old 05-02-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

[QUOTE=frances2011;3386019]
Lofty! Go you! Another thing about working from home, that I find important for me, is that I HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE. Or I go stark raving bonkers. Scheduled time out of the home office = sanity. IMO, YMMV.

I had a vision about self-esteem. Recovery is plugging up the holes in my soul. Used to be that I would get love or feel good and it would leak out all the holes. The holes proved that I wasn't worthy to feel good about myself. That made me desperate to get some more love. Now the holes are healing and I can fill up and keep love and good feelings inside me.

Nice, huh?

QUOTE]

Beautifully put, Frances. Nice, indeed. I always knew you had a holy soul!
[(rim shot) But seriously folks...I'll be here every night this week! ]. Self esteem has always been a need for me, even before drinking. It's nice to be back on the path of developing it, rather than continuing to play whack-a- mole with it.

Frances, the book came today. We'll watch the video tonight or tomorrow and each read and report on a chapter. Yep, I'm a corny dad like that. We still all eat dinner together too.

I'm totally with you on going bonkers staying home alone. Just today was an amazing turnaround for me.

Bryan, it sounds like you are in a better place today. Glad for that!

Glad you had fun today, Mirage!

Aussie and Dee, I hope you can stay warm these days.

Off to clean the grille. The replacement parts came today, and I can't wait to have cookouts with friends!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Originally Posted by frances2011 View Post

Nice, huh?
Beautifully put, Frances. Nice, indeed. I always knew you had a holy soul!
[(rim shot) But seriously folks...I'll be here every night this week! ]. Self esteem has always been a need for me, even before drinking. It's nice to be back on the path of developing it, rather than continuing to play whack-a- mole with it.

Frances, the book came today. We'll watch the video tonight or tomorrow and each read and report on a chapter. Yep, I'm a corny dad like that. We still all eat dinner together too.

I'm totally with you on going bonkers working from home alone. Just today was an amazing turnaround for me.

Bryan, it sounds like you are in a better place today. Glad for that!

Glad you had fun today, Mirage!

Aussie and Dee, I hope you can stay warm these days.

Off to clean the grille. The replacement parts came today, and I can't wait to have cookouts with friends!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:10 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I think SR is broken. Did I break it?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Administrator

someone must have. I fixed your quote tho

D
Old 05-02-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, everything is fuzzy after "FROZEN RAISINETTS".
Old 05-02-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Goobers, raisinettes, chocolate covered _______'s (??)

Thanks, Dee!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Treats!!! I sing it whenever I buy em!! (Which isn't nearly enough.)
Old 05-02-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
orangutan

Must be something like those Aussiebites cause I don't know what your talking about.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

They're chocolate covered raisins. Mmmmm...
Old 05-03-2012, 02:14 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Morning!

"Holy Soul" <--hee.

Up to do my last run before Sunday's half marathon. Just 4.

Lofty, also wanted to notice that you NOTICED your low-productivity and TOOK ACTION
Nice.

We got matching shirts with our names on the backs for Sunday's race. Isn't that corny? Isn't that WONDERFUL?
Old 05-03-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Matching shirts are always fun. K, not really, but for a race they would be!!

Taught the little ones again this morning. I think I really like this gig. It's nice that the classroom size is controlled (16 max), and 2 teachers. And being a parapro, is basically being a helper, no big responsibilities which I like. I did a little name dropping and networking with another teacher on the playground and met the head honcho. They made it sound like they're thankful to have another sub to call and they have my number. (There are 6 or 7 pre-schools in the building.) I think I got another job next Wed with this same gal as today.

The really nice thing, is that it runs during the school year, so summers and the vacations the kids have, I would have. (Like if I got a permanent job there, which I'm hoping for if I stick around long enough.) As of right now, anyway, that's where my head is. The money is not the same as a certified teacher, cuz you don't have to be certified, but I think that ship has sailed anyway as far as my certification and my desire. So the money isn't great, but it would be like having a retail job, and this is guaranteed no nights and weekends, which is huge. I really want to work when my kids are at school and not have it interfere with family time. Not for little money..not worth it. Plus you never know where it may lead. So, we'll see!! Glad I took the jobs, tho.

Hope your'e all having a good day! HOT today!
Old 05-03-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Congrats on the job, Mirage. It sounds like a good fit for you and your needs. That's how my mom re-entered the workforce and she loved it. She even ended up with a little retirement at the end, as she entered the public school system as an aide and then a secretary. But...if you ask me, I still say you are certifiable.

Busy day for me. Appointed with a new company today, and went to their training. Made some new contacts. Then, I met with a colleague on a new marketing endeavor that will be nice if it comes through as planned. Then spent the afternoon with one of my strategic alliances, and saw their new office space. All in all, a full day.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Har har..certifiable!!

Glad you had a good day, Lofty.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:38 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
orangutan

Logged on a couple of times but didn't know how to tell you but its day 1 again for me. I am just plain weak.