Notices

Clean House Time Again Part 2

Old 10-07-2008, 06:56 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

What a day this has been with the totally unexpected heat wave we got.... so much for fall season.....

But like all good people there is still a recovery program to do and loads of cleaning to do with the step work....

Just getting started? that is ok....

you have loads of things to learn and lots of people to talk to at the same time in getting started...... But get to those meetings first.... and you will know what tools you need to start with the steps....

touch base with your friends and get phone numbers..... stay focused and you will win this little race in the program of life.... just remember you are the finish line.. and that it really never ends.... it just keeps going so you can teach someone else what you know and what you have learned the hard way...... I know you can do this...

We all need help in this world and being patient with ourselves is the first thing I learned.... Ok it isn't easy.... but you can do this.... stay focused....

Word for the day to think about is:

FOCUS

REALITY

Little Penguin
Old 10-08-2008, 02:24 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Another day to think about the time when you first needed help with getting your life in gear....... trying to manage things on your own just wasn't going well.....

Cleaning house will show you what progress you have done and where you are today... just look back at some of the writing you first did when you got into the program...

Today be thankful for where you are in recovery.....

If you are still having trouble getting started that is ok.... you will get your feet off the ground....

We all make mistakes in recovery and have to go back to the first step more times than we want to think about.... but it doesn't mean we haven't gotten some place in this life....

Clean house today and think about where you need to do the most cleaning for the next few minutes... maybe draw a picture of yourself to add to your writing so you can see what you really look like today and another one of what you may have looked like before getting into recovery.....

Have fun with this..... and know there are plenty of Hugs waiting for you............................
Little Penguin
Old 10-09-2008, 06:37 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Thinking that There is a need for two word today.....

PATIENCE

SERENITY

Today is starting out a bit rough and the day is still dark....yet going to be hot....for a fall day..... what happen to the cool days before winter?

Cleaning my house is what is on my mind and keeping my program going and this is where patience is coming in for me....

Serenity is much needed to teach me that the recovery program I have been taught so far is the most important thing in my life and needs to remain there for me....... no matter how I feel.....

Today I will be good to myself and find friends in recovery to get my mind of other things so I don't go in the wrong direction....this I will do without them knowing..... by doing program work and helping new comers feel welcome and get Hugs from as many people as possible.........

Keep the Hugs going today and find that Teddy Bear to keep close to you for extra comfort...... my Teddy will ride in my car today in the front seat all buckled in for the ride.......

Little Penguin
Old 10-22-2008, 06:11 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

So Sorry for not being here for all you lovely people that like reading this post......

I have been in another world for the last few days trying to get my life together and stay in the moment like all of us.....times are hard and draining on me as well as the rest of you.....

But for today I am here and thinking about my house and how much Cleaning that needs to be done.... enough of the slacking off and time to get down to business......

words for the day are wise and yet much needed.....

PEACE OF MIND

RECOVERY

ATTITUDE

Sometimes we tend to think that we have everything going well and when we turn around there is a problem that has surfaced.....

This is our life in recovery and we have to deal with so much each day....... Take each day as it comes and work the steps slowly.... don't be in a hurry to get things done... you can do this...

Little Penguin
Old 10-26-2008, 08:56 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

So busy that I have finally found some time to come back and check in with you all.....

Cleaning house is a tough job no matter where you are in your program.... think about it for a moment ... have you made it through the tough parts of your program and your doing all it takes to stay in the "here and now" like the rest of us....

Today I am thinking of giving the following words to think about with all that is going on in the world and our lives today......

Wars Within Ourself

Peace of Mind

12 Steps

Recovery Today

Is your program going well?

Are you doing all that you set out to do when you first got into recovery?

Are you having trouble getting through the steps?

Is life getting tough do to the Money situation around you?

Do you think you are the only one in this moment having the same kinds of trouble keeping up with your program and life?

Have you shared your troubles in meetings?

Do you show what is going on in your life through your step work?

Are your really working the steps?

Think about some of these questions and then talk to some of your buddies at meetings...... we all have trouble today and working our program is one of the things we tend to not do to the fullest...... Everything else will fall into place I think.... and I pray for that part.... I have to for the moment asking God to help us all get through the tough days.....

This is our life on this earth for what is left and we all need to make the most of it......

We all have our own spiritural wars within and those need to be fixed in their own way........ with recovery settled you will settle the rest of your life in do time.... this program is a one day at a time thing and always will be.... Hang in there and take it slow...One moment at a time... You can do this..

Hugs to you all today and know that you are not alone........

Little Penguin
Old 10-26-2008, 05:25 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

The end of the day is here and it is time to wind down and think about all the things that need to be cleaned within your head..... Recovery is important today and for the rest of your life... this is true and make the most of it while you can... Take each day as it comes and know that you can get through each day with ease.....

Write things down as much as you can when you feel someithing isn't right.....

Recovery is tough on some days and you can make the most of the hard times..... let your mind think of the positive things and the new friends you are making..... Work the steps and talk about all that bothers you ......

Get to meetings and know that you have lots of friends there that really care about how you feel.... Don't fear those at the meetings... you need all the friends you can make now... especially during your first year in recovery....

Hang in there and know that there are loads of Hugs and Teddy Bears around if you need one........ And always a friend that understands what is going on in your life.....

Need a Teddy Bear to get you through the rough nights...? you can find one lonely bear in a store that is reaching out to you..... or one that a family member has given to you and that has been sitting in a closet for some time.....

Little Penguin
Old 10-28-2008, 07:00 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Halloween is coming and those pumpkins are waiting for the faces of a life time to be carved on them....... not sure what mine will get and yet thinking something recovery..... that will be a sigh for those that still suffer out there and my design will have some sign of recovery in the design without notice except those that know what it means..........

and other sign for those that know what is going on and need to get the help they need........ this is my mystery pumpkin that I wish I could show here on line and I just don't have the Tech. help to do that for you all..... I am not like others that have all the know how to do all the fancy stuff....

I am a simple person still dealing with the old fashioned stuff around me and do have use of a computer to use...... I am grateful to be here and to share myself to you all...

Now for that cleaning house stuff...... today is a day that the spiders have taken over with halloween so close......... Get busy and clean all you can this week and get those spiders outside with the little bit of blowing wind........

You have to get moving on your life with the Holidays coming and prepare yourself to be safe and get to those meetings....... this is your life and making changes is important.....

Working the steps is the most important thing for today......

You can do this and stay warm at the same time by getting to a meeting......... and find that coffee and listen to what others have to say.....

Take something home with you from the meeting that you haven't heard before...... because I know there have been times that you may have been sleeping through a meeting with your dark glasses on and no one knew...... you may have been sitting in the back some place where you didn't get noticed.....

Well ..... today you have to get out of your shell and tell your story....... let others help you with something that is on your mind for the day that is bothering you..... especially with the Holidays coming......................

Little Penguin
Old 10-28-2008, 08:30 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

word for the day to think about when you are going about your recovery stuff............

STRUGGLES

HAPPINESS

ALONENESS

Just a few to think about that may be among some that come up in your recovery.......... we all have trouble with so much in recovery and yet there are ways to get beyond so much..... get to meetings and work the steps..... Touch base with others in the program and if you can talk to family about where you are in your program and tell them what they can do to help you more in a better way.....................Hugs, smiles, family photos, family history, talks about how life is going each day and so much more..... all makes a difference to those of us in recovery .

Let us support each other by the Hugs we pass on to each other and the meetings we share at..... Have a good day everyone....

Little Penguin
Old 10-29-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Was thinking about a job for some of you that want something special to do this Holiday Season and to get on the right side of your recovery .......This will give you a chance to give back to others in recovery that still suffer and need that extra boost..... Teddy Bear Give Away......

Yes..... A Teddy Bear Give Away.....

This will be for those that are without a Teddy Bear in their lives and need one for the extra comfort especially during the tough times....... If you feel comfortable enough to do so take a couple with you to a meeting and put them with the book and litature table but be sure they have a string around their neck with a note saying...

"I need a special home with you and your recovery program....I won't be a problem for you.. just want to be a comfort during those rough days for you.....I just want to be a special friend."
Teddy

For today you can think about all the times you haven't cleanend house and need to make up for that......

there is time to do that with the quiet time you have today....... get that cup of coffee and go for a walk before others get up to think about what you can do different today that you didn't do yesturday..........

Be good to yourself today and get that Hugs you didn't get yesturday that you really needed from someone in the meeting that you went to......

A word to think about today........

RESENTMENTS

DESIRES

Think about the Teddy Bears today and what you can do for someone else....... there is always someone out there that need a friend to take home and just doesn't want to say so...... Think about it....

Love ya all.....

Little Penguin
Old 10-30-2008, 06:32 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Today get in a walk and think about what you need to do for you at the moment to make your recovery more meaningful...... What little things have you not done in your program that will make things better for you each day...... Have you touched the life of someone else in the program by giving a Hug to the new comer?

Have you talked about what is going on deep down inside you that still bothers you?

Have you given up that deep dark secret that got you started on the wrong path and landed you in recovery?

What about the steps.....are you working them honestly?

There is so much to think about and yet.... your walk can be relaxing in so many ways as you watch other things that go on around you during this time.........

During the day when I walk....I take note of the kids playing if walking past a park or some school......... I also watch how parents treat their kids and it is very interesting to see how some people have no patience when the little kids test the parents to the very end of their ropes............

Most of the time we too are at the end of our ropes when we get into recvoery and don't always know what to do....... But this is why we are in meetings looking for that little word of advise that will spark our life and move us to do something for ourself.....

I have found ways to do better for myself many times and today I will reach out and touch someone............lend a hand in a way I have not in months...........

Little Penguin
Old 11-01-2008, 07:41 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Looking on to another month and a better month to do what I didn't do last month for my recovery......

Getting off on the right foot to drop a few pounds even with the holidays coming up...... this will make me feel better about my recovery and get my life to a better start.....

Recovery is to be a fun time in our lives and give us a fresh start to life that we never had before..... especially when we thought all was lost....

Today make the most of your program and get up off the couch..... go out and smell the roses in the out doors and take that walk....... take a good look at what you haven't seen before and write about the steps you just wanted to ignore because they were too hard...

Cleaning house within yourself is important and a life long road for most of us.... this is good and ok..... No one said it would happen over night.. And it won't happen that fast ... So don't think that way even if you want it to be....

This is a recovery program.... Not a steam room where you can just pop in for a few minutes and expect everything to be fine.....

Today make that difference in your life and get going with your program in a way that you have ignored...... think back on all the times when you have wasted time doing other things so as to ignore the truth about why you really got into recovery.......

Have you told the whole truth to yourself and others?

Come out of your shell and get on the right path...... work those steps and step out into the open and face those fears today........ You can do this...... There are loads of Hugs waiting for you no matter what happens....

Little Penguin
Old 11-03-2008, 06:23 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Haven't forgot about the words to think about for each day.... just wanted to spread them out through the week or so......

For today............

LOSS

WORK

SURRENDER

------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I am thinking about all those I promised to do things for and get little things done........ this is my day to finish those projects started and move on with my life.......

Recovery is important and needs more attention with the Holidays coming up............ A bit of cleaning house will do and thinking about all those spider webs that need to be cleared out as well..........

Maybe a good walk to clear the air a bit will help and get my thoughts in the right direction........ and then hit a meeting along the way...... especially when my car doesn't work for the moment..... and I need the patience as I rely on my transportation....

I thank God for what I do have and my house to keep me warm each night..... Thank you Lord for the patience in this program and for letting me get where I am today.......

For all those that still suffer out there..... I do know that there is a life waiting for you if you let your program work for you ONE DAY AT A TIME............ And be patient with your self.....

Little Penguin
Old 11-04-2008, 06:17 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Working on that Clean house today and thinking about all the times when this wasn't done.......

Recovery is so important especially during the up coming holidays when you feel down and alone......... keep up with your steps and know that you are not alone... there are many friends here in the program that understand how you feel...

For the moment work on a few things that you have set aside in your program............ get to a meeting and touch base with some old friends and talk in the meeting about what may be bothering you ........

Words for the day to think about are......

HUMOR

HONESTY

HARMONY

Have fun with these as a little Angel helped me find these words for the day......and that reminds me about the CAMEL story and how he stayed dry all day during his walk across the Hot DRY CLIMATE he had to walk...........Not a drop to drink did he have and that is my example to my own program that I can make it each day no matter what..........................We can all get through each day just like the camel........

Make each day count....... take that walk , get to a meeting, meet new friends at meetings, work the steps, Keep moving forward ONE DAY AT A TIME....................

Little Penguin
Old 11-05-2008, 07:05 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Not sure what today will bring.......... Recovery is important and a meeting is calling my mind to the table for the moment.... that means the steps need more work and cleaning house is in order as well.....

A walk on this cold morning is much needed to clear the air before getting started for sure...... then sit down to write what is on my mind and work the steps, call a sponsor, and so on.......

Here are some words to think about today.....

PLAY

FREEDOM

INSPIRATION

These seem like interesting words for the day.....and my friend the CAMEL is going to watch over the day for me.....

I have another friend "Mr. Teddy Bear" on hand for those tough moments when he is needed....... and there are times when his job is well loved.....

But for my work in this program... that will never end... I have lots of work to do for myself if I am to make something for myself and keep moving forward.... this is my life and no one else can work it for me....

Take the day slow and know that you are not alone..... touch base with those in the program and listen to what everyone has to say in the meetings..... there is something special there for you..... even if it is just one little word....

Little Penguin
Old 11-08-2008, 05:04 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am really fortunate to be able to actually do some 'housecleaning' to help eldest kid when I'm visiting T.giving week. Will get to help her clean and watch my grandkids while she cleans! What fun!

Do'nt usually like housecleaning but it's fun when it's to help my kids in their own homes.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:35 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Glad your here least.... Keep coming back...

Cleaning house is a Recovery Thing for the moment and those of us that don't have the program in tack need loads of help... you can get to meetings and talk about what you haven't done for yourself ..... Others will show you the right path to follow and guide you in the right direction....

I for one will help in the best way I can from here by giving you other things to think about from my end......

Today I have a couple words that I came up with after a couple days of not being here.........

I sort of worried when I couldn't find my sight......and thought all was lost for sure.... but with a little searching I found where I was left behind...................

Words for the day...................

UNDERSTANDING

SURRENDER

ADVENTURE

Today take your recovery with pride and think about all that you need to do to make your life better.... this is your program and life ..... the Holidays are coming and you have to make the most of what you have....

Cleaning house is more than just picking up a dust pan, wet mop and such..... it is picking up that pen and writing down those thoughts and working the 12 Steps of the Recovery Program..... You can do this ..... Need some help... Get to a Step Study Meeting near you .... Check with your sponsor on this if you don't know where one is....

For today I am praying for you all and sending lots of Hugs.....

Little Penguin
Old 11-14-2008, 09:34 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Today I find there is a need for patience ..... as for most of us this program stuff can get us down when we least expect...

Cleaning house is a daily thing and need lost of work... so keep up the good work and don't forget to give time to some step work... you need the brain work for yourself and to realize where you are for the moment in your life..... Yes... Life has some difficult issues that need to be ironed out and recovery will help when you think all is lost....

So get busy and clean that little house in your head and have a good time doing it.... by this I mean go on a walk today and smell the flowers, take note of the kids playing, birds and others animals that might be outside.....and so on..... take a good look at what is around you....

If you haven't noticed there is a whole world outside your little bubble...... so burst it today and enjoy... and don't forget to get to that much needed meeting....

You have to check in with someone in the program so they know that you are doing ok.... you know that as much as I do....

Hugs for now and know that I am here for the moment..... I do come back just like many others..... so keep coming back....

Little Penguin
Old 11-18-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

A little chilly this AM and that is a good time for the early walk.... then some exercise at the Gym... Did something different for the Holidays and signed up at a Gym instead of getting a gift for the Holidays..... was the best thing to do when you have everything and don't need a thing... This way I don't have to find a place for that something I don't really need.... and I keep my other house clean and clutter free....

For the rest of you..... keep coming back and work the steps... you can do this and get beyond those moments of passion in wanting to do whatever it was that got you in trouble before you made it to recovery..... Keep your chin up and know that you are not alone....

Hugs to all those that still suffer today.... know that you have a friend here no matter how you feel... lots of people understand and will talk to you at SR....

I am off to clean house and do my step work before the morning fades away and my quiet moments.....

Think of these words throughout your day if you wish to....

HEALING

EFFICIENCY

RESPONSIBILITY

Have fun with these and know that these words are for your fun .... My Camel isn't Thirsty today and that is good... he will walk for a long time without a drink.... a dry walk is good.... and a happy walk

Little Penguin
Old 11-23-2008, 06:28 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Another good day that brings things that make us move forward with our program..... We have so much to think about in our life and yet We can only do things one day at a time....

Work the steps and take time doing the writing that comes with them..... no need trying to do them all in one day or week... that isn't the way you are to do this program.... All takes time..... take baby steps....

So many people like to push themselves ahead of the group and not stay behind.... especailly with the babies that think they can't get anywhere.... Don't think that way...We are all in this program together. We all stumble and fall together no matter how you think about it...

Take it easy and smell the flowers when they are there..... With winter here they won't be back for some time now for some of us....

Get lots of Hugs today and enjoy the Holidays now that they are here..... avoid the partied that you used to get drunk at.... show that you have changed and make a different kind of party for yourself... make a safe party where you can enjoy all that you have with your program.... There are parties with those in the program.... find them and ask around among others in recovery..... or just get one going...

Clean your inner house and work the step you are on today.... and not the one you wish you were on.... this is your life to take your time and do your best for YOU.......

Feel the relaxation you need in your life for the moment....

Little Penguin
Old 11-29-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

The Thanksgiving time has come and gone so fast.... yet we all have to be thankful for what we have for the moment....

For today be thankful for this Recovery program you have and all that you are learning through others that are willing to show you the way... It may be rough at times and that is ok... Keep coming back and know that you are not alone..

Today I will take life with pride and think about all the times that I wanted to do just for me without anyone telling me what to do.... then think about all the times that recovery came in handy and I needed that friend to tell me what to do and how to run my life one day at a time.....

There are times when that friend in recovery is important...... We need others to help guide us along the path that is dark.... so we can get the light burning on our own and some day help someone that needs our help....

For the moment we need to keep cleaning our inner house and work the steps in our program....... keeping the peace within during the Holidays is important and will keep us going and walking on the right path....... Keep up the good work and find a meeting if you find it difficult to cope alone on your walk....... get a Hug and find someone to listen to your needs for the moment....

Little Penguin