Notices

Clean House Time Again Part 2

Old 03-19-2008, 01:42 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

send me some sunshine from out west little buddy
Old 03-20-2008, 06:30 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Sunshine coming to all that need it....... We are over loaded with the stuff here and that is ok..... Spring is here and the flowers are in full bloom....

I love this time of year and the backyard looks nice.......

Now for the work ahead for today........ work the steps and know that you will find your way along the Easter Hunt that is coming up.....

Cleaning house is important......... I have been working on mine with the Easter eggs and it is working out just fine............

So neat I will try to pass a few around for the fun of it..........

Little Penguin
Old 03-25-2008, 08:23 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Sending everyone some sunshine today...... know you can use it....

I am enjoying the time I can with the sunshine and the summer like conditions here....................Time to get out and fly a kite and do all those things that sound fun.........

Cleaning house is part of the kite flying ....... you can try this for yourself and see how far you get the kite up.........Think of all the things you need to do for yourself and your program..........

Easter is over and time to get busy with your program stuff........ there are plenty of hugs and so much more offered.......

Hang in there if you are having a rough time.............and for those that are really suffering..... you need to get to some meetings and get yourself straightened out more......... You don't want to see your family make some changes that will upset you for life............

And then again....... most of our families do make changes around our problems and that is not our choice...... they have to move on and sometimes it doesn't include us...... This is why the program is so important for us to make those needed changes........

Sometimes life seems so rough... and then again .... we have to make things better for our little world.... attending meetings does help......

Get busy and work the program harder than you ever have...... this is your life and you need to get moving forward.................

Little Penguin
Old 03-28-2008, 07:45 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Today is going to be hot and a fun one to get some flowers in the ground if possible between program stuff...... Seems like so much to do and yet there is always time...

Life in recovery is making time for all those little fun things and time for the cleaning house stuff that tend to get forgotten..... We can do this and so much more........

I have come to the dedcission that life is too short to let the most important things go by..... Recovery is on the top of my list and then comes family life and my life........I have to remember that life only has so much time.... This is why I try to get done all I can and enjoy those around me the best I can......

Trying to be patient with others today is important and yet so difficult.... My little world gets disrupted so much and I want it to be perfect... It may never be that perfect world I want to see... especially when someone else in my life is doing what I broke away from so many years ago.... I feel a loss when I can't help fix this problem for someone else.... We can only fix our life ONE DAY AT A TIME..... God is there to help along this path and try to help keep the peace in our heart and family....

Little Penguin
Old 03-29-2008, 01:16 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Thinking of the times that recovery has done me some good.....Now someone in my life has strayed off the path of recovery to another road.... I call this the road into the darkness......

A spot that is hard to come out of................

Alcohol problems are tough to beat....... But getting to meetings isn't that hard..... Call a friend to help if you need a ride and a boost to keep your feet moving forward...

A loved one not doing well....? Or maybe drinking your life out the wrong door...? Do you still care for this person so much that you can't leave?

Ok .... you have all the answers to these questions and yet you can't move....... This is your life and your recovery is important.....especially today..

Keep the faith and know that you are not alone today........ Recovery is important and you need someone to talk to when someone you love just won't change.................. they keep disrupting you life and don't want to listen ...... Your days will get better... you just have to think that way and keep getting to meetings to talk......

Little Penguin
Old 03-30-2008, 08:46 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Work on cleaning you house today......this is your life and no one else will do the work for you...............

Recovery is important and this work is your step work........one day at a time for you..............get the help you need at meetings each day and with your sponsor........

Having trouble figuring out the steps....? We all do and you just need to keep reading everything the best you can and touch base with others at meetings..................and just listen to what is being said .... Remember this...No one will work the steps for you....this is your life and you need to make the time to get your life in order and do your recovery stuff at the same time...................You can do this.......

Little Penguin
Old 04-01-2008, 06:53 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Celebrate with a friend when they have their recovery birthday........this is a time to keep yourself going in your own program......

Sometimes when we feel like doing nothing it is time to get involved....

Life goes on no matter what..................we do have times of depression that creap up on us without notice.....So stay busy and keep your program in front of you....

Get out and get in that much needed walk...........

Little Penguin
Old 04-02-2008, 06:45 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Ok ....today is going to have to be the day to really get down to the hard stuff in recovery.......................some people just like to drag their feet and not do the meeting thing and hide in their place.......

I have a friend that likes to drink on days when no one is looking and stay in that place all day..................WRONG........I can tell when someone is not in their normal state and that isn't fun..........I can't reason with people when they drink and it makes life tough.......

For today I am going to think about my life and what I need to do to keep moving forward...................I have no time to fix someone else other than suggest what they need to do for themselves......

That is right.......only suggestions if other want to change..........meetings and other things is on the top of the list and that they call a friend to drive them......................NOT ME......I live with this person....

Keep moving forward and clean your own house today.....Don't clean house for someone else ........They need to learn to do it themselves.....

Little Penguin
Old 04-02-2008, 03:35 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Made that decission about how you are going to run your program and not try to fix someone else.........?

Recovery has a straight path to the door and that is good for those that want to do the work and stick with the program...............We have all made choices to do what we need to for us....

When it comes to someone you really care about..... you need to let them do the foot work and you can only point them in the right direction..... the rest is up to them......

Hang in there if there is trouble.......... for the other person.... as they will fight what is right and not look at the wrong they are causing for those around them..... We were there one time..... and now we have gotten the help we needed....

Little Penguin
Old 04-03-2008, 06:38 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

A fresh day to do some recovery stuff to keep your feet on the ground.....

Time for a walk today if you haven't done one in a long time......maybe take a friend with you or start a walk group with others in recovery.......makes it nice to have friends along.......

For yourself take note of the quiet and the wild animals if any.........nice to not dirturb them and see what they are up to.......

Otherwise......watch around as you walk to see what is going on around you.....................

Little Penguin
Old 04-03-2008, 12:34 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

It's finally starting to get warm enough for me to start walking again Little Penguin. I can't wait for Spring to finally stay and go out and work out in my garden too.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:41 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Didn't totally forget about the snow that some are still having this time of the year...........

A slow melting is going to dampen things a bit outside......and yet will make room for all the lovely flowers and such.......

We have fog today and it makes it hard to enjoy the day.....we have to be careful not to run into someone..........the fog gets thick......

For the moment we can be thankful for all the times when we have done better than our best in Recovery.............there are moments that are going to be tough and yet we need to come back fighting and stay in the now with our program...........keep in touch with those in recovery and talk about your ups and downs......this will keep you accountable.....and know that you are not alone...........

Little Penguin
Old 04-05-2008, 06:52 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

A day to kick back and relax with my big book and recovery........what a day it will be just by myself.....................and my bear Chester.....

Yes....Chester....a bear that has given much comfort in bad times and lonely times when I needed someone to be there.........

Sometimes when we think all is lost ....it really isn't ...............

For those of you that don't have a special Bear.......now is your time to go out and get one that talks to you...... there is a special bear out there that needs a home and someone to care about in bad times and good times just to get someone like you through your recovery.......

Try it .....it really helps more than you think.......and it isn't childish.........this is your world as much as the little kids that run all around us........ Remember you used to be a kid yourself.........

Little Penguin
Old 04-07-2008, 06:45 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Some days seem tougher than others and that is the way it goes in the recovery program for most of us.......... very few days are great......

One day at a time for today...............take it slow and know that you are not alone.........

Take that walk and see where you stand for the day......get in that meeting and talk about your ups and downs..........

Little Penguin
Old 04-07-2008, 06:48 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Get a note in your God Box today....... you are not alone in your recovery walk.....God is there for you.........

Don't have a box ? get one going.....it is so simple.....

And next find that special bear to get you through the tough times in your recovery............it really helps......especially in your quiet moments when you are thinking about yourself and you need a friend........

Get to some meetings and get all the Hugs you need to get through the day.......and yes....you can bring your Teddy Bear....No one will make fun of you....We all understand......................

Little Penguin
Old 04-08-2008, 06:49 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Cool day to get up and get in some much needed exercise of some sort..........that brisk walk in the morning with your cup of hot coffee is good...... and nice when the sun is just rising.....

Thinking about doing some book work today and getting in some much needed step work for the moment.....................

Find that bear to help you get through the day?

Just keep looking if you haven't had the time or just can't find that special one...................sometimes there is one to rescue in a second hand store......they are easy to wash on the delecate cycle..... You can do this.......

Thinking about you all and sending Hugs all around the world to those that need one for the moment...............

Little Penguin
Old 04-10-2008, 06:14 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

One step at a time today......know some of you are having a tough time and just getting into your program isn't easy...........Hang in there and know you are not alone....

This program stuff was not meant to be easy.......we all have been through it before or just got started.........

Keep going to meetings and touch base with those that want to help and your sponsor.............call someone if you feel the wrong way ....

You can do this.............those that go to the meetings are there for the same reason you are.........they are there to help ...just ask questions and don't be afraid to connect.....

Little Penguin
Old 04-11-2008, 06:14 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

The God Box is in need of those notes..........not sure you are really doing that....... Work on it and let your program feel peace......and you feel the weight lifted a bit....

Today is a good time to do other work on your program...... reach out and help someone else feel welcome in the program......

You can also get in that much needed walk and get some exercise....no time to feel sorry for yourself........................take that walk to your meeting if close enough.... Or park far enough away to walk a long distance in if safe.......

Little Penguin
Old 04-12-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Another weekend I am not sure I really want to look at with everyone home...........But this is life and there are many things to do while working a recovery program....

One is to work on family and do things together if possible................and get to the beach if close to you.........take a walk together, fly some kites......or do something you haven't done in a long time............

A movie sounds good and doing something outdoors........

Then take the time to work on your program while having fun...........

If no family to have fun with....take a few friends in the program with you and just have a fun time.................

You can do this..... and I am going to do my best for today.....

Hugs to you all today..............and know that I am praying for you....

Little Penguin
Old 04-14-2008, 07:10 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

What a Hot weekend for my area....... But we all did what was needed to stay cool with our program stuff.... No heavy drinking as we are sticking to what we know is right in AA and working the steps to the best of our ability...

Summer is coming and so are the barbecue times.......that is ok and it is ok to have fun in a sober way and also not to use drugs..... No matter what you used to do.... This is your life in recovery.... Do what is right in your program and work the steps each day.... Clean that inner house of yours and help someone new feel welcome.................

Today take that walk and think about your life in recovery and what it was like when you never thought about the path to recovery....... See any changes today.......? Would you go back to what you were and what you looked like all messed up? I wouldn't ......and I love my recovery and what the meetings offer...............

Have a good day and know that you are not alone today.........

Little Penguin