Notices

Clean House Time Again Part 2

Old 02-26-2008, 06:47 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Today .... Kitty wanting to get in on this recovery stuff and that is ok ..... and at times distracting.....

Nice day for a walk in the park or just a mountain climb to see the waterfall.......

Take time to Clean House today and keep ahead of yourself....... This is important for you...

Have that special Teddy bear in hand give it a hug..... Need one...this is your day to get looking .... You need a program Bear....

Little Penguin
Old 02-27-2008, 05:52 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Getting late and yet there are so many people that come here at the late time when most of us are already in bed snoozing..... that is ok.....

Tried to take that long walk to clear my head for the day.....Didn't happen and wish it had.....

Cleaning house was not going well today and tomarrow will be another day to try and get done what I need to for my program..... can't do the program for someone else that really needs it....

For what is left in the day I will get something done.... and if you are in the same situation.... get to a meeting and get some word in for yourself and peace of mind.... the day isn't over till you lay your head down on the pillow...................

Tough mountain climb for the day as I can see..... still trying to come down and rest myself and my mind.... Not easy for the moment and I found the chocolate cookies to eat....Not good.... but it is something to do for now.............

Rest easy tonight everyone and God will take care of the rest........

Little Penguin
Old 02-28-2008, 06:59 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Really Cleaning House today and thinking about all the things I didn't do.......... so much to consider and do some catch up if possible......

Meeting time and to think about all that is being said..... as there are so many party things going on for march..... But when in a program and working hard to stay sober..... you can still have party fun.... Think about it without all the drinking like you used to do before...............

St Patrick's Day...... have fun cooking all the irish stuff you can to enjoy the day....

Easter not too long after can still be fun with all the egg hunts for the little ones and finding the easter basket as well...... we try to keep the puppy out of the eggs as much as possible...... this year will be fun as the dog likes to play with anything that looks like a ball......

Think about yourself and how you can make your days fun for the month of march............... you can do this....... if things seem out of hand... just get to a meeting and talk about what is going on and how you can change things .......

Hang in there and know that there are still others out there suffering more than you.................

Little Penguin
Old 02-29-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

A good day to enjoy the fog for the day..... it will clear off just like the day getting better when you have trouble with your program.....

Think of what you need to make your program work today...... make it special and treat yourself to something like a Teddy Bear to add to your program..... this little friend can help with those difficult days and be a friend that sits in your car while you drive from meeting to meeting..............

Clean your inner house and get a message off to God by putting it in your God Box......

Think positive today..... Pick a couple words today to think about for your program work....Can't find one....then look in the back of one of your recovery books and see what is there.... and when time permits write down what these words meant all day.... Do take the time.... this is your program and no one else will work it for you.......

Little Penguin
Old 02-29-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by expenguin View Post
Think positive today..... Pick a couple words today to think about for your program work....Can't find one....then look in the back of one of your recovery books and see what is there.... and when time permits write down what these words meant all day.... Do take the time.... this is your program and no one else will work it for you.......
Wow, pretty neat that i done that all ready before reading your thread. I was thinking about "life on life's terms". My sponsor is always telling me that. I wrote about it in my journal today.

Barb
Old 02-29-2008, 03:01 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Glad I could be of some help for others in a small way.....

Keep the faith and keep moving forward with your program.... No matter where you are at it makes a difference One day at a time....

I wrote words down on Paper Cranes and use them each time I think about it...... makes the day interesting....

Have a good day everyone and know that you are being thought of....

Little penguin
Old 03-02-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Beautiful day today with the sun out to warm things up.........sounds like a walk is in order.....

Need the time to think about my recovery and all I put into it so far.... and then clean up the areas that got pushed aside...... Saw a nasty spider early this AM and had to do away with it........and then let the animals out...........

I think a Hug day is in order along with finishing the Cleaning of House stuff......................

A good day to kick back after and dream big about all sorts of things........

Little Penguin
Old 03-02-2008, 08:05 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Lost the last post and figure it was meant to be......

But was talking about getting others that need a boost in their life to the direction of recovery......

This was all in doing step work and thinking that you have a bad day sometimes.....

And knowing that you are not the only one that has trouble......... there are times when we have a difficult start in the day and think of other things than what our program is trying to teach us..........

Be good to yourself and work the steps in a good manner.......

think about those that want to be there at the meetings with you and can't get themselves going...... give them a phone number to call for a ride and more..... they too have trouble getting going in the morning...

We all have trouble moving forward in our program and helping someone else keeps us in tune with what we need to do for ourselves...........

Hugs need to be passed out as well.................

Little Penguin
Old 03-03-2008, 06:45 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Will be warm today and will take advantage of the time I have by working on my program......

You can do the same no matter what it looks like outside........ think about all you haven't done and them get going on the rest of the lost work............ This is your life and March is already upon us........

St. Patrick's day is coming fast and this is a day you have no worries about...... think positive about having fun in a better way as you attend that recovery meeting........... keep the meetings going this day and work your program.....

I am looking for that pot of gold this day and the month of march.... have need to see that little Lepercaun.........with the Irish blood in me I think there is good reason to wish about having a little extra to hang on to .....

But the most important thing is that I need to keep my program going ... this is the most important Pot of Gold that any of us have found.....

Yes......The pot of Gold we have already found......this is Recovery....it is the best thing to start life out in a better way......

Think about it..........Hugs are there at the meetings, Stories of all in the meeting rooms are Priceless....., and so much more........

Little Penguin
Old 03-04-2008, 06:28 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

The day is going to be beautiful and that is ok for those in the West..... others with this nasty snow and ice stuff.... I pray for a safe day for all you................

Today is a good time to work your program ..... think of the things you really have pushed aside... and stuffed in the dark corner for some reason ..... your program is important and working everything needs to be met to have the peace of mind you owe yourself.............

Start from Step One...... and think about the first time you worked this one....... and move forward to the next one..... You can do this and that is a good step up the mountain .....

Keep up the good work and know that you are in my thoughts today..........

Little Penguin
Old 03-05-2008, 06:15 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Realizing how wrong it is for others to pack classrooms where kids need to learn what we learned years ago........ This is the time we need to remember to be patient with life....

Especially our life...... We try to do what is right for ourselves and work our program.....

Patience is what we need to be with ourselves... and then there are other areas we need to continue to work..... The steps..

Today think about what you can do to help someone else in recovery that still doesn't know how to keep their program going..... I noticed only a few people really understand how the steps work .... and that they need to write the steps out..... This is where a sponsor comes in.....

Some of us fear having someone else showing us the ropes in recovery.... or even telling us what to do.......

But for those of you that don't have a sponsor.... this is important for your program..... Think about it.... Can you do this alone?

Hang in there and pray about what you need to do for yourself...... this is your life..........

Little Penguin
Old 03-06-2008, 06:16 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Time to clean up those spiders that have taken over....... some of you have stopped working the steps and I can feel it..... or you have not done enough work...... Keep coming back and working hard on your program...... This is your life......

Get to some meetings today and get back to your personal work at the same time.................................Little Penguin
Old 03-07-2008, 07:27 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Another day with the sunshine hanging out...... will melt all the frost and that is good..... Looking for a good weekend to share with little ones for a couple hours......

Thinking of the time that I first got into recovery and how I was.... just a kid not sure if I was in the right place.......... remember the first day you went to a meeting?

Most of us just didn't want to be there....... it was something new to do and a place that was not our usual way of life ..... it was out of our relm......

Today life is better and working the program is what it is meant to be..........in Recovery you make it the way you want without someone else telling you how to work your program...... We all have the best way to do life better for "us".... No one can run your life.... but they can give us the tools to keep moving forward............

Keep coming back....... you are doing the best you can for today......

Little Penguin
Old 03-10-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Today there is much thought about doing more than the usual about Cleaning House.......

Most of us do what we can to make the program work for us...... and when others around us just don't do what is right we have to almost look the other way and pray some action happens....

We can't take someone elses inventory...... this is their program and problem...... Our job is to take care of our program and make sure we do what we need to keep the faith and our recovery moving forward....

This is hard when someone you love is messing up..... and there are kids involved......... and money is going down the drain with drinking or something else.....

Today with the rise in so much that we depend on........ I can't see waisting it on anything else like booze or drugs.........

Seems food and gas money is more important today.... and making sure the roof over my head stays there........I don't want to see my family end up sleeping on the street.................NOT A GOOD PLAN>........

Today think about what you really need to do to keep your patience strong with your program work..................... You can do this and ask God to help...................

Little Penguin
Old 03-12-2008, 06:34 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Having trouble staying in the NOW...... this is where I need to rely on my program to clear the air and get the road smooth again to feel better about the walk each day.........

There is a way when all seems hopeless....... Get that broom out and clean the path to your meetings and work the steps at the same time..... there may be some people in your life that want to get in the way and distract you along the way......

Just remember your program is important and when someone or something distracts you..... just keep moving forward and put those blinders on.... You can do this and keep your feet moving in the direction where you need them....

This is your life.... make the changes to keep your program going.... get to meetings and know that you are never alone in this walk....

Little Penguin
Old 03-15-2008, 08:16 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

No day is hopeless.....keep coming back and know that you are the best..... Your day will get better if things are looking bad.....

There is hope for all of us ...... be patient.........you are not alone.

Do some cleaning and you will feel the weight lifted in some way......

Get in that walk for the fresh air and time to think about your program and what you need to do to make life better............

Watch the people around you while on a walk........take note of how they run their life outside...........and watch the kids play.........Kids have so much fun and have no clue how much the adults struggle to keep going each day.........................

Little Penguin
Old 03-16-2008, 07:12 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Today is a day to remember for all those that celebrate Palm Sunday..... Jesus offered so much for us in His life and it is up to us to give back........ We can give back by doing good with our recovery program and reaching out to others and showing them the way.....

Having trouble with your own program?

Get up and get to that meeting and tell what is on your mind and why you are having such a hard time....... this is your program and you need to make it better than you did yesturday....... you can do this and keep your inner house clean at the same time...............

Work the steps and get into a group that covers the steps ....One at a time...... there are some people out there that have set up such groups..........some of us need the extra support and that is ok......

I love you all and send the Hugs all around your little space........Keep coming back and know that someone out there is praying for you today.........

For the moment I am going to set up my little tent and work my program in a camping mode........ I have that little light that will light my way for the time I need and then I can celebrate for each page I write..........

Have a good day and know that you can do this for the moment.......

Little Penguin
Old 03-18-2008, 06:20 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

St. Patrick's Day has come and gone.....No problem here for me and Hope you all had a quiet day as well............

Now comes Easter and we plan a barbecue that will be low key and sober in the long run..................... nice to have an informal day and watch kids hunt for the eggs...............

I like hidding the stuff and watching the fun afterwards..........

Just praying the dog doesn't eat the prizes....

EASTER EGG BLOW OUT:
-------------------------------
For the rest of us in recovery and trying to make life more exciting..... you can get into the easter thing........ blow out the egg from your egg and rinse it with water carefully...... Let the egg shell dry...... Next.... get a kit to dye the shell any way you want.... Take a perm. thin tip marker and write your recovery message on the egg... let it dry..... then get some craft liquid sealer in the craft store (it comes in a small bottle) it will seal the outside and protect the shell for years....

On small pieces of paper write messages you learned from recovery and slip them inside the shell carefully...........

This is your recovery message egg for Easter.......... you can do more than one and place them in your easter basket ...... have others in recovery join in the fun to make the basket more special........

For all those of you that are not crafty......Have a fun time getting yourself ready for the fun of Easter...................Work the steps and clean your inner house...............

Little Penguin

Last edited by expenguin; 03-18-2008 at 06:42 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:18 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

My maman used to do that sort of thing for the family when we were small it never ceased to amaze me with the things she came up with and yes the easter egg hunt is so much fun. Thank you for sharing this today and reminding me of my childlike side.
hugs indie
Old 03-19-2008, 05:59 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I think anything helps this time of year...... and cleaning house for your recovery is the best thing to keep moving forward......

This is your life in recovery......make it the best you can and know that you have so many friends that care.....

Have a wonderful time getting ready for easter and work on those recovery messages with the easter eggs.............

Little Penguin