Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 05-07-2005, 05:40 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I am thankful to have had not quite 18 years with my precious Patsy (see avatar). She has been with me almost half my life! I am going to miss her so much. We have to go put her to sleep here shortly.

I am also, on a lighter note, thankful for Sam Rockwell. Saw Hitchhiker's Guide last night finally and he was hilarious! Then I had dreams with him last night. My husband marvels at my ability to dream about celebrities. I'm not the only one, am I?

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-07-2005, 06:05 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

(((Eddie))) Sorry to hear about your precious cat. I know it's hard to put a pet to sleep, they're a part of the family.

As far as dreaming about celebraties, of course I do!!! They are some of the best dreams.

I'm grateful to have the day off work. One of the groups in our area is celebrating their 7 year anniversary with a free brunch. I would have paid to go, but free sounds good, too!!!

Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Sherry
Old 05-08-2005, 08:10 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you, (((Sherry)))!

I am grateful that I was there when they put Patsy to sleep. I sent my ex-husband to take her sister, Loretta, back in '92, and I think he always held that against me. And we didn't bury Loretta either. I am glad to have been there with Patsy and that we brought her home to bury her. I cried really for the first time in a couple of years...and I am grateful for that, too.

I dreamed I was getting ready to marry Jude Law last night. The mind certainly is a strange thing, isn't it?

Love, hugs, and purrs,
Eddie
Old 05-08-2005, 02:02 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Sherry and Eddie,
Eddie,I am really sorry to hear about your cat.I love cats and my family has always had them around.Recently my parents' cat of 13 years died and they were heartbroken.So was I.I'm glad the hitchiker's Guide cheered you up.
Now the two of you need to start a Celebrity Dreams website.
DON'T PANIC.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:53 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

The mind sure is a crazy thing. I dreampt that Vin Disel (sp?) was cleaning my house the night I saw pacifier!!!!!!!

I am so grateful that it is beautiful outside. The sky is a pretty blue and the sun feels great. So glad the snow is gone!!!!
Old 05-09-2005, 03:06 AM
  # 506 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Richie,
Thank you. But do you know where your towel is? teehee.

Sherry,
Richie may be right about us starting a website. Vin Diesel, huh? Only saw him in Pitch Black, which I loved, and yeah, he was darn hot.

Grateful to have my last two exams today although I do have to go to class tomorrow night as well. But all the tests will be over in just a few hours. Better go study.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-09-2005, 02:48 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Eddie, hope all went well with your exams today.

Hey Richie, you mean to tell me that you don't dream about celebraties?

I'm grateful today that I only had to work 3 hours and got to come home and enjoy the sunshine with a bunch of my AA friends. I even got a little bit of a tan. I'm so happy summer is almost here!!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:13 AM
  # 508 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Sherry! The two exams went fine. All I have left is a presentation in class tonight and I'll be all done! I may have made all "A"s even. Maybe one "B." Doesn't really matter, though. I'm just grateful to be finished and have more time.

More time to do other stuff, which I need to go do. Have a great day, everybody!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-10-2005, 10:26 AM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Yay Eddie. Let's all do the happy dance....

Grateful that my home group was excellent this morning. It's in a detox center so there were a lot of new people. I'm grateful that I have a choice today. I'm grateful to have my freedom. I'm grateful that I don't have to do the things I used to do to get "the next one". Sobreity is such a wonderful blessing, and for that I am truly grateful.

Hope and pray that everyone has a blessed day!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 12:14 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Old 05-12-2005, 06:04 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

The Happy Dance?
Wasn't that Men Without Pants?
:Lmao
Old 05-13-2005, 03:23 AM
  # 512 (permalink)  
No expectations!

:slaphead :slaphead
Now, watch what you say about
Men without HATS!
—EZ
Old 05-13-2005, 05:33 AM
  # 513 (permalink)  

Hey Richie and Eddie. You 2 are great. Thanks for the laugh this morning. Have a great day.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:37 AM
  # 514 (permalink)  
No expectations!

:e08h :e16m :e07g
I just can't leave these summer smilies alone!
(Guess I need to post on Smilies Anonymous again.)

I am grateful for many things this morning, some I have mentioned before. For being done with school, for rain, for Gerry Butler (The Phantom of the Opera), for many wonderful years with Patsy and for the pets I still have, for you guys and this thread, and...

...for my upcoming second hearing before my professional board! Yes, I may finally get those restrictions lifted from my license. That would definitely improve my chances of going back to work. Keep me in your prayers, y'all!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-14-2005, 10:24 AM
  # 515 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

You can dance if you want to.
You can leave your friends behind,
Cause your friends don't dance,and if they don't dance
They're no friends of mine.

Have a great weekend,Sherry and Eddie!!
Old 05-14-2005, 07:34 PM
  # 516 (permalink)  
No expectations!

We can dance,
We can dance,
Everybody look
at your hands!

Last edited by eddie z.; 09-28-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:13 AM
  # 517 (permalink)  

I will definately keep you in my prayers Eddie. I hope all goes well for you.
Speaking of dancing, I went to a sober dance last night and had a great time. It's funny to watch the people in early sobriety. They always say, I can't dance sober, and I usually say, Well you probably couldn't dance drunk either so just give it a shot!!!

Have a great day Richie and Eddie. Hope and Danielle, too. Where have you 2 gone?
Old 05-15-2005, 09:38 AM
  # 518 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by sherbear5104
I usually say, Well you probably couldn't dance drunk either so just give it a shot!
Plus you're alot less likely to fall down!

Thanks, Sherry!

Grateful not to have the pain in my back that I had for almost five years so now I CAN dance. I need to go dancing. It's been years. I used to dance like crazy, but then, I was always drunk, too. I should see what it's like sober, huh?

Grateful that my sponsee is still around and picked up a 90-day keytag. Her therapeutic community came to my home group last night. She has just been without phone priveleges; that's why I hadn't heard from her in a while. That's a big relief!

Have a great Sunday, everybody!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-17-2005, 06:44 PM
  # 519 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I need to express some gratitude tonight because I'm actually feeling angry and resentful, believe it or else. teehee

I AM grateful that my hearing went as well as it did, for my sponsee sister speaking up for me, and that I may be able to work in the next couple of months!

I also am grateful for the sweet sympathy card I got from the vet's office today even though it made me cry. All the staff had written notes & signed it. So thoughtful of them!

Good night, all!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-19-2005, 05:22 AM
  # 520 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Oops! I crashed out last night without posting here, but, of course, I am always grateful.

This morning, I'm grateful for my psychiatrist who has known me for over 21 years and seen the great progress I have made in recovery.

I'm also grateful for the others in my profession who are in recovery. We had a meeting last night which went well, just about seven people. I like these new smaller groups. We used to have one statewide meeting of 50 or so.

Hey, where did everybody go?
Love and hugs,
Eddie :wow: