Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 05-19-2005, 05:27 AM
  # 521 (permalink)  

Hey Eddie and Richie. It's a great day to be greatful. The sun is shining and it looks like it will be a nice day. I'm grateful for waking up with a choice. Today I chose to continue down the road of sobriety.

You should definately try dancing sober, Eddie. It is great fun. And you're right about the falling down. It doesn't happen anymore. Glad to hear that your hearing went well, and your sponsee is doing good. That's great.

Everyone have a blessed day, I'm off to work.

Sherry
Old 05-19-2005, 03:37 PM
  # 522 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Sherry and Eddie,
I'm glad things are going well for the both of you.I confess I've been neglecting my computer somewhat since I got my new guitar.I've been jamming with my son almost every night.It's a new bonding experience for us.Something that would have never happened if I was still getting high all the time.I am so grateful for this new life.We're gonna jam tonight in about twenty minutes.
I'm glad you two are still hanging on to this thread.It's the first one I go to when I get to SR.
Keep dancing(and stay safe).
Old 05-20-2005, 03:48 AM
  # 523 (permalink)  
No expectations!

:weh Glad to see you two back!

I'd definitely do the happy dance if I weren't so tired. After my busy week, I went to bed at around quarter after six last night! But I guess I'm recuperated since I'm up early this morning.

I am SO grateful the NA luncheon went well yesterday.

And I'm grateful that all eight of my dahlias have now come up.

Have a swell day, y'all!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-20-2005, 05:08 AM
  # 524 (permalink)  

Hey Richie and Eddie. It's great to hear about you and your son bonding. That is way cool, and definately important. The gifts of sobriety are wonderful. Keep jammin, Richie.

Glad to hear that your dahlias are coming up, Eddie. Glad to hear that all is going well for you.

I'm so grateful for my recovery. God has blessed each and every one of us, and for that I will forever be grateful.

Sherry
Old 05-20-2005, 05:21 AM
  # 525 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Richie,
What sort of music are you and your son playing? Any Clash? teehee.

Sherry,
I ultimately hope to post some lovely pictures of my flowers, but that's a ways off.

—EZ
Old 05-20-2005, 10:16 AM
  # 526 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for not having to go back out and for having a week of sobriety today. I've struggled so much along the way but this day is so filled with happiness and gratitude that is had made the struggle worth the effort.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:58 PM
  # 527 (permalink)  

Welcome to the thread, Angel. Congrats on your week, one day at a time. Today I am grateful that we finally got caught up at work, and I got out early . Tonight I am speaking at a meeting. My sponsor was supposed to do it but she forgot that she promised her b/f she would go to his baseball game, so she said it was time for me to get up and speak again. I'll let ya'll know how it goes, say a prayer for me. I speak at 8 tonight.

Sherry
Old 05-20-2005, 02:47 PM
  # 528 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Yea, C, you made it! Welcome again to the thread and congrats again on your week!

Sherry, best wishes tonight! I'm sure you'll do wonderfully!

I am going to chill out again tonight and watch a movie with the old man.
Everybody have a great weekend! :e16m

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-20-2005, 06:09 PM
  # 529 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi everyone,
Welcome to the thread,Angel.Congrats on a week.
Eddie,I'm afraid my son does not share my love for new wave and punk.We do agree on Ozzy though.Mostly we've been jazzing out.I'm glad things are going well for you.Enjoy your movie.
Sherry,I know you will do great at the meeting.
Anybody have any celebrity dreams lately.hee,hee
Old 05-20-2005, 06:33 PM
  # 530 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by Richie
Anybody have any celebrity dreams lately.
Clive Owen!! That was a good one. Mostly I have a lot of bad nightmares that go on and on. Last night I dreamt that my ex-boyfriend was bashing me over the head with a fifth bottle of Jim Beam (my old favorite). That sucked. And I have dreams I'm working back in pharmacy sometimes, and I dream about getting drugs, and about relapsing also, although it's usually on alcohol oddly enough. But on the subject of gratitude, ahem, I appreciate the relapse dreams because they remind that I DON'T want to use. I feel awful when I wake up from them thinking I need to pick up a white chip!
Love and hugs,
Eddie

P.S. Playing any Black Sabbath, Richie?
Old 05-20-2005, 09:02 PM
  # 531 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Thanks for your prayers. I was told by several people that I did a very good job and delivered the message of hope. I was so nervous when I got up there, and then God just took over. I must have said 6 prayers before I got up there. I am grateful that I was given the opportunity to share my story. I even had 2 people tell me that I brought tears to their eyes. I feel truly blessed tonight. And I owe it all to my Higher Power, whom I choose to call God.

Sherry
Old 05-21-2005, 11:03 AM
  # 532 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hey,
I knew you would do a great job,Sherry.
And Eddie,I cut my chops on Sabbath when they were a New band!
Have a great day ya'll!
Old 05-21-2005, 11:12 AM
  # 533 (permalink)  
No expectations!

:bravo Sherry! So glad it went well for you, but of course we knew it would.

Richie, ever heard the Dickies do "Paranoid?" I so love the Dickies.

Grateful to have the dishes washed! They had been accumulating, I'm afraid.

Grateful to find I'm doing well on the practice exam for substance abuse counseling. I may not have to worry about studying so much after all.

Hope all are having a great weekend!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-22-2005, 06:58 PM
  # 534 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Grateful to have seen an impressive film last night, Donnie Darko. I even posted about it on the Mental Health board. Check it out, y'all! The movie, not the post necessarily.

Grateful to have finished the practice exam and done well. :hoo I didn't know what I was going to study anyway and now it looks like I don't have to worry about it!

Good night, folks!
Love and hugs,
Eddie :
Old 05-23-2005, 05:32 AM
  # 535 (permalink)  

Good job, Eddie. I'm sure you'll do fine on the real exam.

Hey Richie! Still jammin with your son? That is so cool that we get to enjoy our kids so much more when we get into recovery!

Today I am grateful for sobriety. Well, everyday I am, but this weekend I've been reflecting on how much life has changed for me since I put down the substances. God has truly blessed me, and for that I am grateful.

Have a great day! I'm off to work.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:42 AM
  # 536 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Sher! I'm sure I'll do just fine, too. But there's a real-life situation that's calling on my theoretical counseling skills that I just don't know how to deal with. I posted about it on the Nar-Anon board actually, in case you're interested. Got an email friend in total denial. Hmmm...

Have a great day!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-23-2005, 05:15 PM
  # 537 (permalink)  

Good for a Monday

Hi Eddie, Sherry, and Richie! I'm so glad to see you all doing so well this evening.
I'm grateful that I made a 96 on my math test today!!! I'm terrible in math and it seems like I keep having to retake the same math classes because I struggle with it so much. That was the first test and Im glad that I did so well. Highest math grade that I've ever gotten in college.

I'm grateful that someone is finally interested in buying my car. I really need to hurry and get my car sold because I need to pay off some credit cards.

Things are looking up right now.

God is working in my life. ~~~

Oh, and I'm grateful for Eddie, Sherry, and Richie. You are all so inspiring!!!

Love,
Cheryl
Old 05-23-2005, 08:08 PM
  # 538 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Congratulations, Cheryl! That's awesome! And I hope you're able to sell your car soon, too.

I'm grateful for all the folks over on Nar-Anon who set me straight.

I'm grateful for getting "strong like bull" at the YW. I did 8 reps of 290 lbs. each on the Nautilus leg press today. :arg:

Sleep tight, y'all!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-24-2005, 05:56 PM
  # 539 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Eddie,Sherry and Cheryl,
Instead of jamming tonight,I watched "Team America" with my son.It was extremely funny,but don't watch it unless you have an open mind(and a strong stomach).
Good luck selling your car Cheryl.
Sherry,I am glad to see you in such good spirits.
And Eddie,I never heard the Dickies' Paranoid but I heard Iron Man by The Cardigans(arrgh!)
Old 05-24-2005, 07:49 PM
  # 540 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by Richie
And Eddie,I never heard the Dickies' Paranoid but I heard Iron Man by The Cardigans(arrgh!)
Somehow I can't quite imagine that! LOL.

AMERICA, F*CK YEAH!! I have more or less listened to all of Team America a couple of times over the past few days because my hubby rented it. I loved the "panthers" and the puppet sex!

Grateful for Maria coming back this morning!

And again, for Donnie Darko. I think I mentioned that previously.

I need to add an extra item tonight because it has not been a particularly good day. Hmmm....

Grateful that I did get to tan and exercise even though I got little else accomplished. I'll do better tomorrow.

Good night, all!
Love and hugs,
Eddie