Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 08-10-2005, 09:40 PM
  # 701 (permalink)  

I am grateful for my bf's work and recovery. He has been full of laughter, and smiles of the genuine kind.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:45 AM
  # 702 (permalink)  
No expectations!

That's great, mendingheart!! Thank you for sharing that, and welcome to the thread!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-11-2005, 07:44 PM
  # 703 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Grateful for my Caduceus group once again. They're so understanding and supportive. Plus I can talk about my professional issues there while I can't at regular NA meetings.

Also grateful that I found and applied for another counselor position today. I AM trying to find a job! I swear. LOL.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-12-2005, 07:40 PM
  # 704 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I am grateful that I was able to have a reasonable conversation with my husband tonight and to express some thoughts I needed to get out.

I am grateful that Mariann seems to be in a fairly good mood, all things considered. Of course, we are spoiling her, giving her ice cream and so forth.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-14-2005, 06:11 PM
  # 705 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I am grateful to have gotten some fluids into Mariann finally. She didn't like it, but they seemed to help. She's almost lively this evening.

Grateful, in a way, for having to take it easy because I'm sick. Now I have an excuse. LOL. I'm also drinking alot of water and hoping that it will become a habit. So, yes, I'm kind of grateful for being sick.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-15-2005, 04:50 PM
  # 706 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I am grateful for my wonderful psychiatrist whom I have known for over twenty years. We added Effexor in today to replace the Cymbalta I went off of. I love how he is so willing to listen to and collaborate with me.

And I am grateful to dax for the hint on giving the kitty her fluids. It went much better this evening and we got alot more in her. She is chillin' on the bed now, looking very relaxed.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-16-2005, 05:58 PM
  # 707 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, if anybody's still reading this, I have a JOB INTERVIEW on Friday!!!! So, yes, I am grateful!!

Also grateful that I finally made it to the tanning bed again. I think it really makes a difference in how I feel.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-17-2005, 04:28 PM
  # 708 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Good luck friday,Eddie!I'll say a prayer for you.
I've been working pretty hard this week and I haven't had the energy to do anything when I get home,especially to sit at my computer.But rest assured this is the first thread I go to when I get to SR.
I'm grateful to be coming up on one year clean on the 30th.Never would have thought I could do it!
Have a nice tan and God bless.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:31 PM
  # 709 (permalink)  

Eddie,
Are you excited about Friday? I know you gotta be jumping with joy!

Richie,
I am happy for you that you will have a year sober on the 30th. That is a great accomplishment.

I got great news!! My application for my new apartment got approved!!!! This is the first apartment that I ever rented so I am very happy about it. Currently looking for furniture right now to fill it up.

Hugs,
Angel
Old 08-18-2005, 07:05 AM
  # 710 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you, Richie and Cheryl!!
Richie,
I'm marking my calendar!
Cheryl,
Congratulations on the apartment!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-18-2005, 05:48 PM
  # 711 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I am grateful to be overrun with dahlias! I have run out of vases to put them in. I had to put some in a vase that leaks and put the vase in a bowl to catch the water. It's crazy. I love it!

Grateful for the Schick Intuition shaver. At least my legs will look good tomorrow! LOL.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-19-2005, 04:25 PM
  # 712 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Eddie,I hope the interview went well today.
Cheryl,I hope you enjoy your new apartment.
My neighbor gave me a couple of cheesecakes when I got home today.I hope I don't blow up.
God bless you all.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:43 PM
  # 713 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you, Richie! I guess it went pretty well. At least I know it did not go badly.

A couple of cheesecakes? Ooh, may I have some? P-lease?

So I am grateful that the interview went well.

And I am also glad I got some good rest this afternoon. I apparently needed it.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-19-2005, 09:39 PM
  # 714 (permalink)  

My online connection got lost and my original post got erased.

Eddie, I'm glad that your interview went well.

Richie, that cheesecake sounded sooooooo good. I bet it was all good and tasty while you were eating it! Yummy!! LOL!

I'm nervous about signing the lease on my new apartment tomorrow but I know it will be ok. This is the first time I am doing this but I think it is really neat. I have so much to be grateful for.

Hugs,
Cheryl
Old 08-20-2005, 08:16 AM
  # 715 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you, Cheryl!! And again, congratulations on the apartment!! Did I mention how jealous I am? LOL.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-21-2005, 07:46 AM
  # 716 (permalink)  
No Expectations!

Red face

been a while since i posted a gratitude list, but i know i owed eddie one, so i thought why not put it in her thread?

today, i am grateful that the people in the rooms and on this site always have welcoming arms when you come back after F***ing up! otherwise i would be too embarrased to come back in.

i am also grateful for the strength this program has given me so that i am able to deal with my obsessions and desires with more control than before.

I am grateful for all of you! believe it or not, i would not be here if it weren't for you!

that's it, iguess. i still have a tough time thinking of stuff i am grateful for.

eddie! hope your job interview went well! keep is posted! (no pun intended) LOL

Love ya!

-Skiss
Old 08-21-2005, 11:40 AM
  # 717 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you, ((((Skiss))))!! WELCOME to the thread!! It's GREAT to see you!! You know it's funny you posted what you did, 'cause I was having trouble coming up with things myself last night. That's why I skipped last night. I like to try to post something different each time and I just couldn't come up with anything new. So, I'll try again now...

I'm still grateful for all my wonderful dahlias. For my kitty doing a little better. For a good Sunday morning meeting. For getting job applications done. And, the most important thing, which I always leave off because I assume it's understood, I AM grateful to BE CLEAN and have a NEW LIFE!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-21-2005, 01:13 PM
  # 718 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi everyone,
I'm grateful for my kids.I couldn't imagine life without them.Today I made a recording with my son on the new 8 track digital recorder we bought.It is amazing all the things I've been able to buy since I stopped spending all my money on dope.
By the way,I just ate the last piece of cheesecake.
God bless!
Old 08-22-2005, 05:22 AM
  # 719 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks for sharing, Richie!! What did you record?

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-22-2005, 04:42 PM
  # 720 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I am thankful for a wonderful H&I meeting this morning and for the woman who chaired it for me. Thanks, Tracey!!

And I am thankful for my dad helping me out with $$$ for my debt management plan payment. I was really starting to worry I wasn't going to make it.

Love and hugs,
Eddie