Blogs

Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 04-03-2005, 04:29 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Happy birthday Sherry.Save me a piece of cake.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:00 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Thanks Richie. I saved you a big piece of cake, here it is. Enjoy!

Today I am grateful that I had a sober bithday and I won't have to nurse a hangover tomorrow! God bless everyone.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:23 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
No expectations!

A Belated
Happy 35th Birthday,
Sherry!!
Much love and many hugs,
Eddie

Hey, Richie and Danielle, and whoever else!

Still grateful here in NC! I love my husband and my home group! Don't worry about saving any cake for me; I can't have any. Boohoo. Enjoy, y'all!
—EZ
Old 04-04-2005, 07:29 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Awwww...sorry I missed your birthday Sherry!

I'll have to joing Eddie in wishing you a happy belated one!

But, no cake for me, thanks. I made some brownies yesterday and had some this morning!

Mmmm mmmm Good!

Danielle
Old 04-05-2005, 05:41 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

I know this is the bedtime gratitude prayer, but I was too tired to write last night. I was, however, very grateful. The new friends I have found in recovery are just wonderful. The gave me a surprise birthday party last night. Not everyone could see me on my birthday, so they all planned a belated birthday party. I thought I was going to console a good friend of mine from AA. My best friend, Katie, told me that he was upset and needed a meeting, but couldn't get to one because he had no babysitter. I walk in the house and there's like 10 people in the kitchen. It was great! The best birthday I've had in years. I'm grateful for this new life and friends that God has given. Hope everyone has a blessed day. I love all of you.

Sherry
Old 04-05-2005, 03:47 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

That's great ,Sherry.I'm glad you had a nice birthday.You deserve it.
It's good to hear from Eddie and Danielle,too.
Have a great night,and God bless you all.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:17 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hello to all. It's been so beautiful outside lately. I love it when the weather is warm. Hope everyone has a blessed day.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:11 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Tonight I am grateful for 7 and a half months of not getting high.For not wanting to(very much) anymore.And for the enormous meatloaf I am about to take out of the oven.
God bless you Sherry and Eddie and Danielle and the rest of you.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:25 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, Sherry, Richie, Danielle, etc.!!
Today I am grateful for my home group member Patrick who celebrated 5 years last night and gives great hugs!

I am also grateful for a beautiful day to do something outside with my oldest friend, Julie, whom I haven't seen in months.

Well, folks, I sent off my registration to take the written substance abuse counseling exam in June. And I may soon have a counseling internship lined up. Should be interesting!

Love and hugs all around,
Eddie
Old 04-11-2005, 05:17 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Hey Eddie, that's great news. Just one more thing to be grateful for! The weather has been absolutely wonderful here, and for that I am grateful. My friend was on tv last night answering phones for a youth rehab telethon. She is only 19 and has 2 years clean. She is such an inspiration to me.
Hope everyone has a blessed day today. <------ I am also grateful for this guy, he makes me laugh!

Sherry
Old 04-11-2005, 03:04 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Sherry,
That's really cool about your friend. If I had gotten clean the first time I went to treatment, I would have had two years at age 19 also. It just took 19 more years for me to "get it." LOL.

I'm grateful for , too. But I'm really grateful for Julie, whom I've known for 24 years now, and the nice time that we had yesterday. We went for a "nature walk" and watched a Jude Law movie, Immortality, that was really good (in addition to having HIM in it...drool drool...).

Gotta go do my 8th Step! Wish me well.
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 04-13-2005, 02:48 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

:sleeping:
Old 04-13-2005, 05:49 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that you are all doing well tonight.

I'm grateful for this nice weather that we have had lately. I'm getting together with a good friend of mine soon and that will be really nice to finally have a chance to catch up.

I'm doing better these days and I am so happy. I am trying to work on the exercise thing. I couldn't make it out today and it is 9 PM now so I'm gonna just wait until tomorrow.

Love,
Hope
Old 04-13-2005, 06:26 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. Glad to see that everyone is diong well. I'm grateful today that I have another day clean! I'm also grateful to be going to bed early tonight and catching up on some much needed sleep. I've been hanging out with some friends in aa every night since Friday and I don't seem to get home before 1 am! I'm grateful to be able to enjoy life, though!
Old 04-15-2005, 04:44 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi everybody.I'm awake now.
Hope you are all doing well.Don't forget to say your prayers.
God bless ya'll.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:11 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, Hope! Long time, no see. Welcome back! Did you manage to get started with the exercise yet? It's really hard to get over that hump of getting started but it's well worth it, believe me.

Hey, Sherry, Richie, and Danielle!

Grateful today for my calm demeanor in the face of what could be considered life's storms. School is wrapping up basically. I'm looking for work. My mom is probably going to have to have knee surgery. And I'm putting together an NA luncheon for professionals. But I'm feeling good about it all for the most part, although I'm not looking forward to the prospect of my mom bringing home narcotics.

Grateful for finally getting my Eighth Step done last Monday and being able to move on, even though I'm somewhat fearful about Step Nine. When we went over Step Eight, it turned out I didn't need to make as many amends as I thought, at least not in the areas I thought. And I just had a good sit-down with my sponsor, which is rare because she stays really busy.

Have a great week, all!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 04-18-2005, 07:37 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Hey Eddie, nice to hear from ya. Glad to hear that things are going well for you. It's pretty weird that your Mom is having knee surgery. My Mom just found out today that she has to have knee replacement surgery. She's pretty bummed out about it because she will be laid up for awhile.

I am grateful for my job. Things are going well, it's just not enough hours. Which brings me to my new gratitude. I got a second job today, and there are 4 people in recovery working there, which is an added bonus! God is great!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week. Nice to see Richie and Danielle posting. Also Hope. Everyone take care and enjoy this new life we have been given.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:15 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Sherry,
Sorry about your mom's knee. My mom went to the doctor yesterday too, and they said hers looked better, so maybe she won't have to have surgery, at least not right away.

That's great though about your second job! I'm still looking for a first. In fact, I probably should be working on that right now.

But I'm still grateful, of course. For the dahlias I need to get out and plant. And for beautiful spring weather in which to do just that. Let's hope it holds until the weekend. I'm pretty excited about my dahlias.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 04-19-2005, 04:38 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi everyone,
I am glad you are all stil grateful.I am too,although I am still pretty cranky.
Sherry and Eddie,I hope your moms' knees are doing okay.I'm doing fine and staying clean and sober.Just eating too much!
I hope everybody sleeps well tonight and has a great day tomorrow.
God Bless!!!
Old 04-19-2005, 08:31 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Richie, I hear ya on the eating too much thing. I'm hoping to eat a little less now that I'm working more. I am grateful tonight that my boss at my new job is in the program. One of the servers there is also in the program. It will come in handy if the need arises! Eddie, glad to hear that your Mom may not need surgery. My mom is dreading it, but it cannot be put off. She can hardly walk anymore. I hope the weather holds out for you. I love to plant flowers. Still a little early around here for that, but it's right around the corner.

Hope everyone has a great night. Sleep well, and don't let the bed bugs bite!