Blogs

Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 05-17-2006, 09:10 PM
  # 1501 (permalink)  

I am grateful for another clean and sober day. Each day sober is such a true blessing and a miracle!!

Love,
Cheryl
Old 05-18-2006, 03:29 AM
  # 1502 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, everyone, for keeping this going!! I have just been really busy the past couple of days.

I am grateful for my colleague and fellow recovering pharmacist, J. He is my partner at work and we have lots of fun talking, too. It's really great to finally have someone at work who is also in recovery to talk to.

Also grateful for our coffee-maker. It is so nice to have coffee first thing in the morning.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-18-2006, 01:22 PM
  # 1503 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

(((((eddie)))))

I am grateful for a wonderful day yesterday.

Kevin
Old 05-18-2006, 06:15 PM
  # 1504 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Good for you, Kevin!!

I am grateful for "retail therapy." Had a little tiff with the husband, so I went out and bought some pampering girly things just for me. I'm glad I can afford to indulge sometimes.

And I'm oh-so-grateful that I don't have to freak out just because someone else gets angry with me. I used to think I had to be right and make people happy all the time, but today I know better than to own someone else's bullsh*t. Whew!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-18-2006, 06:52 PM
  # 1505 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I am grateful for my cats,who are having a stand-off in my room right now.Max is having fun.Spooky Isn't.
Have a good night(and day) everyone.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:08 PM
  # 1506 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
I am grateful to have a wonderful support group, and friends

Have a good night

Mike
Old 05-19-2006, 04:08 PM
  # 1507 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

hi eddie, richie, L and Mike

I am grateful to have got to 364 days clean and sober. Its a miracle one day at a time and I have a huge smile on my face as I write this.

I am clebrating my one year this weekend by going to meetings, spending time with my daughter who is so proud of me, I know this because she tells everyone , doing the housework, the house really needs a good clean and I am up for that today. That will do me just fine.

Love Kevin
Old 05-19-2006, 05:12 PM
  # 1508 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Just over twelve hours to go, Kevin!!

Hey, Mike, Richie, and L!! One more week, L!!

Tonight I am grateful that my mom's knee surgery seems to have gone off without a hitch. And she didn't even get her pain meds filled, something that was kind of worrying me. I hope that she can do without them.

And I'm grateful I made an appointment with a dermatologist even though I suppose I'll be berated for all the tanning. I have a spot on my nose that refuses to heal that I want to have checked out.

Hope all have a wonderful weekend!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-19-2006, 05:25 PM
  # 1509 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Yep its about 13 hours I hope you have a great night.

Kevin
Old 05-19-2006, 08:07 PM
  # 1510 (permalink)  

hi eddie, richie, L and Kevin

Congratulations Kevin !!!!!

Today I am grateful for the steps. Yesterday I kinda blew off the handle while on the phone with someone, and felt crappy all day today. So when I got home from work today, I phoned and apologized for overreacting. I feel a lot better. With out these steps who knows.
So I am very grateful for the steps which have taught me to live a better life

Have a good nite everyone.

Mike
Old 05-20-2006, 08:08 AM
  # 1511 (permalink)  
X IV

I am so grateful that I came to this thread this morning so that I could say,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOGARD!!!!!!!!!!

365 days in a row! That is amazing and I am grateful to be a part of your recovery even in such a little way.
Love to everyone....
Old 05-20-2006, 10:14 AM
  # 1512 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Kevin !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2006, 10:19 AM
  # 1513 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Way to go,Kevin!

I hope you are all having a nice weekend.
God bless.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:19 PM
  # 1514 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I am so grateful to see Kevin hitting the one year mark. It has been fun to count the days, then weeks, then months. I am really proud of you, Kevin!!

I am also glad that my husband has finally agreed to accept some financial help from my dad in our endeavor to buy a house. His pride won't let him accept much more than my father has already done for us, but he has relented somewhat in his refusal to allow Dad to contribute to the downpayment. Maybe if we find a house he really likes, he'll actually want the help. We'll see...

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-20-2006, 05:11 PM
  # 1515 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Yep its 365 days in a row that I took NO mood alter drugs, nothing that affects me above the neck and for that I am VERY grateful to my HP (DAD) and to all of you here at SR, you are part of my recovery, we are part of each others journey. (((((eddie))))) it has been fun and wonderful support to be with you each day.

((((((((((eddie, L, Richie, Mike))))))))))

Now Onward one day at a time
Thank You

Love Kevin
Old 05-21-2006, 05:12 AM
  # 1516 (permalink)  
No expectations!

(((((Kevin)))))

This morning, I am grateful that I actually chaired my home group last night. I was nervous because it's one of the larger meetings in our area. I had to ask someone not to interrupt someone else's sharing, which I hated doing, but other than that, things went well.

I am also grateful that two more varieties of my dahlias have emerged, including one that is new to me this year called Fuzzy Wuzzy. I probably need to get some more stakes for them today.

See y'all later!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-21-2006, 06:25 AM
  # 1517 (permalink)  
X IV

Good Morning!
I live very close to a stadium that does fireworks every time the team has a home game on a Sat night. I can lay in my bed and watch the fireworks out the window which is a cool deal. I am grateful that last night I actually got to go to the game and see the fireworks from the stadium. It was fun.
I am also grateful that someone gave me roses yesterday out of their garden. They are so pretty. I love pretty flowers. They smell good too.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:29 AM
  # 1518 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Yesterday, I cut some roses at my mom's house and took them to my best friend's grave. She died on May 20, 1982. And there was her brother's new stone just in front of hers. Today, my mom showed me a note from their mother that she just received. It was very nice and especially wished me well, meaning in my recovery, I suppose. I had meant to make some amends yesterday, but I didn't get ready in time. That's OK, though. I'll get to them eventually.

Now I'm off to look at houses!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-21-2006, 02:59 PM
  # 1519 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

Today I am grateful to have had another wonderful night with my son, and be able to have him for the long weekend. Means I get him for an extra day.
I am also grateful to have found this thread and to have all of you here posting daily

Mike
Old 05-21-2006, 03:07 PM
  # 1520 (permalink)  

I am thankful for discovering this place...... it's been awhile since I'vwe been here BUT !!!! Been sober ever since, quit smoking too, even gone to church about 6-7 times. My wife and family are seemingly happier at/with me.
I wanna think I can keep this up for 14 more years. ( I met another alcoholic at a party and he has been dry for 14 years,... so that is my aim, 14 years.)
I'm thankful I start a new job next week.
I'm thankful for allowing God into my heart, and having God allow me into his.