Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 06-01-2005, 09:55 AM
  # 561 (permalink)  
No expectations!

That's fantastic, Sherry! Reminds me I need to get back to my home group, though. I haven't been in a while. It's just been service, service, service lately, but a lot of that is finished, so I no longer have excuses. LOL. And I shouldn't be making excuses anyway, right? Right.

Well, it's raining this afternoon, so I can't plant my dahlias right now. Shoot! But I can't let that stop me from being grateful. NO! I'm excited about planting them. Last night I looked at the "catalog" of what I got and planned out which colors to plant where. It was fun and I am grateful to have the opportunity to do this project...once it stops raining. LOL.

Have a great day, all!
Love and hugs,
Eddie :rose
Old 06-01-2005, 04:34 PM
  # 562 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Sherry and Eddie,
I am sooooo grateful that I'm on vacation next week!I'm going to work in the yard,play my new guitar,and eat like a pig.
That's a pretty noble set of goals,huh?
You two have a great day.
God bless!
Old 06-01-2005, 04:51 PM
  # 563 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, Richie! Did you hear about the SR Round-up? Saturday, June 25th in NYC.

Here's the relevant thread! Hope you can make it!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-01-2005, 05:51 PM
  # 564 (permalink)  

Guess who's back and and dancing???

Hi to my wonderful friends Eddie, Sherry and Richie! I sold my car. I am buying another car tomorrow and I feel nervous for some weird reason. I am grateful that I'm getting another. Hehe....been without a car for about a week..............that can really make you feel some gratitude, eh?

I'm doing extremely well the class I'm taking. I finish this one tomorrow and I get a few days to breathe..hehe...will surely be nice.

My grandma has to get knee replacement surgery soon and I hope she will be ok...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all here..

I wanted to check in to let you know that I am alive and kicking. Been clean since May 13 but I don't know how many days that it....

Love ya!!!

Cheryl
Old 06-01-2005, 07:19 PM
  # 565 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Cheryl,
Glad to see you back here! What kind of car are you getting? What kind of classes are you taking? You know I just finished a substance abuse counseling program at a nearby community college? Now I have to find an internship/job!
Have a great night!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-02-2005, 08:22 AM
  # 566 (permalink)  

Eddie,

I think that is so cool that you finished a substance abuse couseling program. I know that you are going to find a wonderful and interesting job in the field. That is actually a program that I would love to do, but there aren't any offered around here where I am.

I am getting a camaro. Can't wait!!! I love fast cars...just something so exciting about them. I finished my final exam today for my math class. I'm bad at math, but did surprisingly well with this class. I'm a happy camper today!! Woohoo!! LOL!!

Hope you are having a great day!!

Love,
Cheryl
Old 06-02-2005, 08:44 AM
  # 567 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Congrats on the math class! You know, alot of people think that they are bad at math and/or they don't like it. I WAS one of them, until I had a good teacher. I really started to bloom in this area in college, after failing in high school. Anyway, math really can be fun IF you get the right instructor. Will you be taking any more? The class that really got me inspired was Statistics when I saw how math was applied to the social sciences. Cool stuff.

And congrats on the Camaro, too! Now you can get out to more meetings. Now I need to do the same! LOL.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-02-2005, 11:02 AM
  # 568 (permalink)  

I just got done with statistics. I have (hopefully) just one more to go. I have to get thru Calculus and then I should be done with it after that. The lady who I am supposed to have in the fall is said to be a great professor. I don't know if I'm going to be taking 12 or 15 hours yet. That remains to be decided because I am trying to consider how much time each class will take.

I hope the camaro I am getting doesn't break down on me. I need a good, dependable car. It is 11 years old but has been well taken care of.

Things always seem to work out!! Funny how that happens~~

Love,
C

Old 06-02-2005, 11:16 AM
  # 569 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Ooh, calculus is cool, too! I don't remember any of it but I did enjoy taking the class! lol.

I find GM cars to be most reliable and long-lived. The Cutlass I drive is an '87!

-ez
Old 06-03-2005, 04:12 PM
  # 570 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Eddie and Sherry and Cheryl,
I am now officially on vacation. Been going around the house driving my kids nuts singing the Go-Go's song.
Congratulations on the Camaro,Cheryl.My son loves his so much he wrecked it two weeks after he bought it.Don't go doing that now!It's all fixed now,by the way,thanks to Nationwide.
I need some new music for my vacation.I think I'm gonna pick up Audioslave's new cd.I and my son play a few of their songs when we are jamming(they are not very hard to play). :band
You all have a great evening.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:53 PM
  # 571 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by Richie
Been going around the house driving my kids nuts singing the Go-Go's song.
I am trying to picture this! LOL.

Have fun with your son, Richie! And don't forget to throw some Clash in there, too. Oooh, did I tell you all that London Calling, The Clash's green album, and I think Combat Rock as well were stolen from my car? Bummer, but that's what I get for leaving it open, I guess.

Grateful for my therapist today. We had a good session this morning. Talked about personality disorders and adaptations some. I'm still trying to find out what's "wrong with me." LOL.

I don't know if I said this before but I am also soooo grateful to be going to the SR Round-up in New York! I'm very excited about it. I hope some of y'all can come!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-03-2005, 05:28 PM
  # 572 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Sorry to hear about your Clash albums,Eddie.I wish I could go to NY but my budget won't allow me that just now(having just blown all my extra cash on a new guitar and amp).I will be with you all in spirit though.Take some pictures for us stay at homes to see.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:48 PM
  # 573 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Take some pictures for us stay at homes to see.
Will do, Richie! And thanks, too. Now all I have left is Sandinista and Give 'Em Enough Rope. Hmmm...Maybe I should put on Sandinista now. Did you ever make it all the way through it?

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-04-2005, 09:39 PM
  # 574 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Grateful today (as always—lol) for my home group again. I finally made it back! It was lovely to see folks again.

And grateful to get all my dahlias planted. Boy, did I get sweaty and dirty! I just hope the colors are well-arranged since I only had written descriptions to work from.

Have a great night, all!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-05-2005, 09:13 PM
  # 575 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Richie? Sherry? Danielle? Cheryl? Anyone?

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-06-2005, 10:57 AM
  # 576 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Here I am,Eddie!
It is really hot today,but I don't care because I'm at home on vacation,sitting in the AC.Boy, did I pick a good week to go. :so
Hope you are all doing great.
God bless!
Old 06-06-2005, 06:41 PM
  # 577 (permalink)  
No expectations!

It is really hot today,but I don't care because I'm at home on vacation,sitting in the AC.
One of the things for which I am grateful today, CENTRAL AIR!

Also grateful that I had a nice walk with my mom this afternoon. We saw two little bunnies and I HEARD a hummingbird. Though I did not see it, it's great to know they're around. Now, if they'd only find my feeder!

Love and hugs,
Eddie :e14k
Old 06-07-2005, 09:44 PM
  # 578 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Another "good" day today. I finally made it back to my home group for a really good candlelight meeting. I hung out afterward for a good while catching up with folks. So I'm grateful for that.

And grateful for the rain. Means I don't have to water the dahlias! I need to get another hose or a watering can or something for that purpose anyway, though.

Have a swell night, y'all!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-08-2005, 08:32 PM
  # 579 (permalink)  
No expectations!

So grateful tonight for 900 days clean! Whoo-hoo! That's 30 months. Half the payments on a 5-year loan. lol.

Grateful for the "presents" my kitties bring me even though they're pretty disgusting. It's just sweet of them to want to give me something. LOL again.

Sweet dreams, all!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-09-2005, 01:07 PM
  # 580 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Congratulations on 900 days,Eddie!I can't even count that high.
I went to the zoo today with my daughters.We had a great time and I got to see the marmosets.I'm glad you are enjoying your kitties.
I wonder where Sherry and Cheryl are.